People who adopt five specific healthy lifestyle factors add 12-14 years to their life expectancy.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vince

Super Moderator
The healthy lifestyle factors associated with longer life expectancy in this study were

• A healthy diet
  • Maintaining a body mass index of 18.5 to 24.9 kg/m2
  • 30 minutes or more a day of moderate/vigorous physical activity
  • Light alcohol intake
  • Never smoking

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

GreenMachineX

BMI is inappropriate for almost anyone in the athletic population.
I’ve wondered this. Do we actually know that weighing more due to muscle or fat matters? Doesn’t the heart still have to work extra hard even if it’s an extra 20 pounds of muscle?

Guided_by_Voices

Every study I've ever heard of on the topic says that strength and more muscle within reason is both associated with and has direct mechanisms which extend life. Example mechanisms include myokines, balance, bone density, agility, blood sugar control, lower insulin, anti-cancer affects, injury resilience, and others.

TorontoTRT

I’ve wondered this. Do we actually know that weighing more due to muscle or fat matters? Doesn’t the heart still have to work extra hard even if it’s an extra 20 pounds of muscle?
Not really. I’m 220 lbs and my resting heart rate is 59. Similar to when I was 240.

bochinit

No because 1° physiculturist are using steroids to have a heavy weight with decent bodyfat and 2° weight is weight so the most you have, the wosrt you became. That's really logical.

DorianGray

The healthy lifestyle factors associated with longer life expectancy in this study were

• A healthy diet
  • Maintaining a body mass index of 18.5 to 24.9 kg/m2
  • 30 minutes or more a day of moderate/vigorous physical activity
  • Light alcohol intake
  • Never smoking

That's the lifestyle I've lived without even trying. Lucked out in the genes as far as weight factor. So, I don't see why such a beneficial thing as you posted is so difficult for people.Then, one could throw in a couple other simple, cheap things such as meditation, metformin that might boost it even more. Oh, don't forget intermittent fasting also.

Paul M

I wouldn't go as far as saying carrying excess muscle is 'unhealthy'. It may not be optimal to overall health depending on the amount of muscle one has gained and wether it has been 'chemically assisted' but it's far from unhealthy.

bochinit

I wouldn't go as far as saying carrying excess muscle is 'unhealthy'. It may not be optimal to overall health depending on the amount of muscle one has gained and wether it has been 'chemically assisted' but it's far from unhealthy.

Average joe can't weight 100kg+ without roids so it's not muscle and it's not optimal to carry this fat weight. Being clear now.

Paul M

But 70kg is overweight for some people. Is that unhealthy?

I personally think you're talking a load of bollox.

bochinit

But 70kg is overweight for some people. Is that unhealthy?

I personally think you're talking a load of bollox.

Ok, let me point again to explain for the last time because apparently we have a bunch of brainlets here:

AVERAGE JOE CAN'T WEIGHT MUTCH WITHOUT ROIDS SO A AVERAGE PERSON WITH MORE THAN 100KG IS NOT CARRYING MORE MUSCLE AND IT'S NOT HEALTY ANYWAYS.

Hope this time you understand.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel