Pay empower or doctor to fill the prescription?

Buy Lab Tests Online

rifter

I’m curious. For those that deal with Empower either through a doctor or clinic. Who are you paying directly for your medication when it is time to refill your prescription?

I’ve recently switched to a doctor that uses empower, however, all medication that is dispensed through Empower, I’m paying through to the doctor directly who then has Empower send me the meds. My previous experience when dealing with compounding pharmacies was that I pay the pharmacy directly for the meds. I received quite a hefty bill for my latest prescription refill through my doc and am wondering if I’m being ripped off.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Cataceous

Super Moderator
It's a bit harsh to characterize this as being "ripped off", but there's little doubt that the doctors or clinics are getting a cut of the medication payments in these situations. This is the model used by Defy Medical. While arguably the system lacks transparency, if you look at overall costs, Defy may still be a better deal than many, or even most clinics charging an all-inclusive monthly fee.

rifter

Thanks. I understand a clinic like Defy might be under a different model.

To clarify my question - my old Doctor sent my prescriptions to Hallandale. I interfaced with Hallandale directly to organize shipment and payment. The payment did not go through the doctor. Now, with my new doctor, I'm paying the doctor for the meds who interfaces with Empower to organize shipment.

From what I can see, 10ml of Test C and 30x0.25mg anastrozole came to around $330.

Cataceous

Super Moderator
The Empower via Defy prices for these items are $129 for the cypionate and $45 for the anastrozole. Shipping is maybe $12.

We can get a sense of the markups involved by looking at GoodRx prices. There one finds the cypionate for $40 and the anastrozole for $12. From this I would agree that $330 is quite unreasonable unless it's also covering some consultations and/or lab work.

T

tareload

You can also pay a prescription transfer fee (15 or 30 bucks) and have Defy call in your Rx to a local pharmacy where you could get goodrx or insurance pricing (if applicable). It all depends on your situation but with some work you can pay less. I just paid $25 bucks for a bottle of TC (10 ml) at Walgreens. I've paid $129 for same bottle through Empower.

Where clinics like Defy or others become indispensable is if you want medications you ain't going to get through your in person PCP or in network doc. Hence you have to pay to play.

Defy is admirable that they offer the call in fee option as other TRT clinics won't or make you come in every week for a shot. Good to have options but requires preparation and homework.

EDIT: I believe I was thinking of another clinic down the road. I'm sure @Deanna@Defy can clarify the official position.

AS of last year:

Last edited by a moderator:

Gman86

You can also pay a prescription transfer fee (15 or 30 bucks) and have Defy call in your Rx to a local pharmacy where you could get goodrx or insurance pricing (if applicable). It all depends on your situation but with some work you can pay less. I just paid $25 bucks for a bottle of TC (10 ml) at Walgreens. I've paid $129 for same bottle through Empower.

Where clinics like Defy or others become indispensable is if you want medications you ain't going to get through your in person PCP or in network doc. Hence you have to pay to play.

Defy is admirable that they offer the call in fee option as other TRT clinics won't or make you come in every week for a shot. Good to have options but requires preparation and homework.

What state are u in? Defy isn’t allowed to send a script to my local pharmacy for things like testosterone. Is this because I’m in Massachusetts? If ur able to have them send out a script to ur local pharmacy for testosterone, I would assume it depends on the state whether they can or not. I thought it was just a general rule, regardless of the state, until u mentioned that u were able to get a test script sent to ur local pharmacy

T

tareload

What state are u in? Defy isn’t allowed to send a script to my local pharmacy for things like testosterone. Is this because I’m in Massachusetts? If ur able to have them send out a script to ur local pharmacy for testosterone, I would assume it depends on the state whether they can or not. I thought it was just a general rule, regardless of the state, until u mentioned that u were able to get a test script sent to ur local pharmacy
I prefer not to disclose.

Good point, it may be another clinic down the road that will call in controlled substance scripts to out of state pharmacies :). I think Defy does this for non-controlled medications depending on who you talk to and how long you've been there. Sorry for confusion. My apology.

The other wrinkle is calling in a Rx to a pharmacy that has branches in many states (e.g., Walgreen's, CVS, etc). I've had good experience doing this as well with controlled substance script.

Never hurts to have a few options; may save you some money.

Last edited by a moderator:

Gman86

I prefer not to disclose.

Good point, it may be another clinic down the road that will call in controlled substance scripts to out of state pharmacies :). I think Defy does this for non-controlled medications depending on who you talk to and how long you've been there. Sorry for confusion. My apology.

The other wrinkle is calling in a Rx to a pharmacy that has branches in many states (e.g., Walgreen's, CVS, etc). I've had good experience doing this as well with controlled substance script.

Never hurts to have a few options; may save you some money.

Oh no worries. That’s interesting that u can get a bottle of cyp at ur local pharmacy via defy. I’m gonna ask them about this next time I talk to them. I’m betting it depends on the specific laws of each state, because I’ve tried to do the same before, and they said they weren’t allowed to call in a script for test to my local pharmacy. But I do that with other meds, like aromasin and anastrozole.

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me