Partial blockage event in both legs!

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Systemlord

Why would you go back on trt? I still don’t get it.

After 7 weeks on iron supplements I started getting allergic reactions to iron which caused rashes and hives, I'm trying to get it under control, I can only imagine what would happen if I were on TRT unable to take any form of iron, I would end up right back at critical iron deficiency.

I can't even eat spinach for two days in a row without breaking out in rashes, my body doesn't like iron right now.

Need suggestions for supplementing iron and ferritin?

Last edited:

Vman

Why would you go back on trt? I still don’t get it.

You are lucky and were able to go off TRT and your total T was 900ish and your free T was midrange. Most people go on TRT because they can't get total and free T numbers anywhere near as high as yours naturally. This results in all sorts of health, sex and quality of life problems. Most women have higher free T and total T than Systemlord does naturally. This is why he would go back on TRT.

fifty

According to his thread since being on TRT:
- multiple trips to the ER with concerns for his life
- DVT
- iron deficiency
- potassium deficiency
- vitamin c deficiency (I started to remember my very first symptoms when starting my first EOD protocol back in 2017, aching teeth/gums and bad taste in mouth)
- vitamin d deficiency
- pushing past 500ng/dl made him want to sleep all day
- pushing past 400ng/dl gave him red itchy hands, legs and feet worsened by showers, fatigue, coughing, burning or weakness in your hands, feet, arms or legs, fullness or bloating in your left upper abdomen, elevated body temps (99.2), headaches and blurred vision all associated with Polycythemia vera like symptoms

Again, I don't get it. His natural levels are 100. He had problems over 400. I would think lifestyle optimizations may get him to 200-300 with far less risk. What am I missing?

Last edited:

Systemlord

That’s what I’m saying. Trt causes more problems than it’s worth for some.
That's why you need knowledge doctors, none of my endos knew what to do. It was Defy (Mike) that caught the iron deficiency.

You might be right about not needing levels over 400 ng/dL. I felt great on 7mg daily even though I had multiple mineral deficiencies, I think the very low daily dose spared minerals that were already low.

I'm not suffering, sure energy isn't great, muscles are getting softer and have some muscle pain in legs, but I'm functioning mental just fine.

Twice now I have experienced symptoms of excess red cells on TRT and off TRT supplementing iron and the common denominator is RBC @6.0.

I didn't have a DVT, it was abnormally low potassium cramping my leg muscles affecting blood flow. I had a similar but more intense experience when attempting 10mg daily, after 7 days I experienced severe leg stiffness for about an hour which partially blocked blow flow in my legs which I now realize was more than likely very low potassium.

I was able to avert a long drawn out experience by stopping that 10mg daily protocol. I had the same burning sensations in legs and feet that I did when in the ER. The edema was from a paralyzed gut from multiple mineral deficiencies.

My natural RBC was/is 5.2. I haven't been able to get the needle to budge, Total T will not increase, the klonopin (30 years) really did a number on me.

After all that's happened, TRT is worth it. I'll never give up!

Last edited:

luidox33

My weekly dosage is zero, I'm not on TRT at the moment. When on TRT my weekly dosage will be 49-70mg, I tried 10mg daily and it was too much.

Didn't realize it at the time but 10mg daily crushed my potassium levels to dangerous levels.

What was it before you stopped though? The weekly dose.

DragonBits

That's why you need knowledge doctors, none of my endos knew what to do. It was Defy (Mike) that caught the iron deficiency.

You might be right about not needing levels over 400 ng/dL. I felt great on 7mg daily even though I had multiple mineral deficiencies, I think the very low daily dose spared minerals that were already low.

I'm not suffering, sure energy isn't great, muscles are getting softer and have some muscle pain in legs, but I'm functioning mental just fine.

Twice now I have experienced symptoms of excess red cells on TRT and off TRT supplementing iron and the common denominator is RBC @6.0.

I didn't have a DVT, it was abnormally low potassium cramping my leg muscles affecting blood flow. I had a similar but more intense experience when attempting 10mg daily, after 7 days I experienced severe leg stiffness for about an hour which partially blocked blow flow in my legs which I now realize was more than likely very low potassium.

I was able to avert a long drawn out experience by stopping that 10mg daily protocol. I had the same burning sensations in legs and feet that I did when in the ER. The edema was from a paralyzed gut from multiple mineral deficiencies.

My natural RBC was/is 5.2. I haven't been able to get the needle to budge, Total T will not increase, the klonopin (30 years) really did a number on me.

After all that's happened, TRT is worth it. I'll never give up!

RBC of 6.0 is only slightly high, I assume you don't smoke and they checked your blood oxygen levels every time you entered the hospital?

My potassium levels are often elevated, like 50% of the blood tests. I checked my Aldosterone and it's on the low normal side. But I tend to ignore it and doctors usually say let's see what it is next time.

But what is causing all these multiple mineral deficiencies? It's not normal to have multiple mineral deficiencies.

Systemlord

RBC of 6.0 is only slightly high, I assume you don't smoke and they checked your blood oxygen levels every time you entered the hospital?

My potassium levels are often elevated, like 50% of the blood tests. I checked my Aldosterone and it's on the low normal side. But I tend to ignore it and doctors usually say let's see what it is next time.

But what is causing all these multiple mineral deficiencies? It's not normal to have multiple mineral deficiencies.

I have never smoked and blood oxygen levels are always excellent. As for the multiple mineral deficiencies I imagine my diet could be part of the problem.

M.J

Could your iron deficiency be as a result of trt not only because of donating.

I wish you all the best systemlord I guess nebido may work, now I am on trt I can’t imagine going back to my previous level all my concern now is HCT Hoping it won’t go high.

DragonBits

I have never smoked and blood oxygen levels are always excellent. As for the multiple mineral deficiencies I imagine my diet could be part of the problem.

As I suspected.

But unless you have a very unusual restricted diet, then have you looked at "malabsorption syndrome"? There are a number of possible causes of malabsorption.

As in infection, inflammation, trauma, surgery, prolonged use of antibiotics, celiac disease, Crohn’s disease, chronic pancreatitis, or cystic fibrosis.

There are more causes, you can google them.

Systemlord

Excellent question, pre-TRT my iron was 62 (59-170) and saturation was 14%, a transferrin saturation of less than 16% constitutes good evidence of iron deficiency. I'm willing to bet money when my Total T was higher I was iron deficient before my T decline in 2015 after I started tapering off klonopin, the low T allowed iron to recover and land in the low range.

I believe the withdrawal off klonopin was so stressful on my body that minerals were depleted from 10 months or sweating and hormonal imbalance. When I went on TRT I was still deficient in a lot of minerals, low in iron and vitamin D which my doctors never addressed.

The iron was in range and therefore normal to my doctors eyes.

Last edited:

M.J

Excellent question, pre-TRT my iron was 62 (59-170) and saturation was 14%, a transferrin saturation of less than 16% constitutes good evidence of iron deficiency. I'm willing to bet money when my Total T was higher I was iron deficient before my T decline in 2015 after I started tapering off klonopin, the low T allowed iron to recover and land in the low range.

I believe the withdrawal off klonopin was so stressful on my body that minerals were depleted from 10 months or sweating and hormonal imbalance. When I went on TRT I was still deficient in a lot of minerals, low in iron and vitamin D which my doctors never addressed.

The iron was in range and therefore normal to my doctors eyes.
Only three days with iron supplement I fell libido getting better again, sleeping Also. I am getting everything back, maybe a lot of people get iron deficiency while on trt and they don’t know it maybe even blame decreased in libido to something else while iron/ferritin is the issue.

Systemlord

Only three days with iron supplement I fell libido getting better again, sleeping Also. I am getting everything back, maybe a lot of people get iron deficiency while on trt and they don’t know it maybe even blame decreased in libido to something else while iron/ferritin is the issue.

Just about every protocol as I near 6 weeks I start getting everything working, feeling good, erections and then days later all benefits are gone. I clearly was crashing and didn't know why until now.

I feel better now than I ever did on TRT because iron is healthy, can only imagine how I will feel once back on TRT.

madman

Super Moderator

I wish you all the best systemlord I guess nebido may work, now I am on trt I can’t imagine going back to my previous level all my concern now is HCT Hoping it won’t go high.

If anything exogenous testosterone use increases dietary iron absorption due to it's effects on hepcidin.

The only way one would end up with an iron deficiency on trt would be from donating blood too often (which is the most common reason for crashing ferritin), lack of adequate iron intake whether through diet/supplementation or due to underlying health or absorption issues.

M.J

If anything exogenous testosterone use increases dietary iron absorption due to it's effects on hepcidin.

The only way one would end up with an iron deficiency on trt would be from donating blood too often (which is the most common reason for crashing ferritin), lack of adequate iron intake whether through diet/supplementation or due to underlying health or absorption issues.
I used to believe supplementing iron is good for females only as male don’t need it, do I need to supplement iron ? Under trt ? Is it needed ?

luidox33

After 4 months on TRT my ferritin went from 400 to 19. Before trt it stayed steady at 400 for a year. No clue why. Docs don’t know. No blood donations either.

I have hemorrhoids that can bleed a lot but I had some removed before trt. No issues. In the past they would bottom out my hgb and ferritin but. It this time

Vman

After 4 months on TRT my ferritin went from 400 to 19. Before trt it stayed steady at 400 for a year. No clue why. Docs don’t know. No blood donations either.

That's crazy. Have you tried taking 1000mg vitamin C with bioflavonoids and betaine HCL with each meal? They can increase your absorption of iron.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me