Partial blockage event in both legs!

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Systemlord

What are the red marks on your original post photos? What are they indicative of?

The red rashes is edema rash, the first sign of edema is for me is stomach bloating, then followed by red rashes that appear suddenly, then tinnitus. If I ignore these signs then legs will become stiff and sore on an off until one day legs start to swell.

Looking back into my past for the past several years whenever I would eat meals I would get bloated for several hours, my collen and or kidneys may be to blame and the cause is lifestyle.

Being on all that prescription medication to control my tourette's syndrome lead to all of this, those medications cause bloating and weight gain which makes it impossible to lose any significant weight since these medications lower testosterone and bloat you up.

The only path forward is optimal testosterone and weight loss. The last several years after eating meals, I noticed bloating for a free hours. My doctors are checking kidney and colon function in the next few weeks.

fifty

Thanks for the info. I ask because I now have a similar rash on the inner part of my calves on both legs (low just above the ankle). Never had that before.

DragonBits

FWIW: When I started on TRT, I encountered allergies to several medications I had taken in the past with no problems.

I believe higher estrogen increased my immune system response. Women typicality have more allergies than men for the same sort of reason.

Allergies to penicillin drugs and several glaucoma eye drops, I had been taking the eye drops for a 18 months before TRT, started TRT and then I became allergic.

Systemlord

FWIW: When I started on TRT, I encountered allergies to several medications I had taken in the past with no problems.

I higher estrogen increased my immune system response. Women typicality have more allergies than men for the same sort of reason.

Allergies to penicillin drugs and several glaucoma eye drops, I had been taking the eye drops for a 18 months before TRT, started TRT and then I became allergic.

I believe you are on to something, a day after I took anastrozole, I ate an entire ovicoto and eyes swelled up shut, sinus congestion and throat had minor swelling.

I had blood testing indicate I was not allergic to ovicoto. I believe estrogen regulates a lot of functions in the body, researchers are finding estrogen regulates hearing.

Whenever I change dosages and induce fluctuations, I overrespond to everything, even caffeine. Beyond 6 weeks these sensitivities are dialed down.

Last edited:
Sorry to hear this. If you have a chance to do a search, you will find my previous posts on DVTs/clots. All I can suggest is that you need a complete workup for hypercoagulation (to check for familial thrombophilia) and an RA antibody panel to rule out RA since there is family history. I posted all the labs that need to be done in those old posts. For RA, I would recommend this test from Quest: Quest Diagnostics: Test Directory

Sorry to hear this. If you have a chance to do a search, you will find my previous posts on DVTs/clots. All I can suggest is that you need a complete workup for hypercoagulation (to check for familial thrombophilia) and an RA antibody panel to rule out RA since there is family history. I posted all the labs that need to be done in those old posts. For RA, I would recommend this test from Quest: Quest Diagnostics: Test Directory
Until you have the lab results, everything is just guesswork at this point.

Trents

Holy cow that is super serious. Get well
Soon. Youll
Likely need to be in blood thinners for at least a year. We’re you immobilized for a long time on a flight or long term
Car ride at any point in the last month?

Neil

Have you been tested for Factor V? Your case seems like a textbook case. It my have zero to do with testosterone restoration. It's not uncommon at all, I know someone that has it, he's an active SWAT member of a police dept, he is on Xarelto for life.

Attachments

• factor 5.JPG
    factor 5.JPG
    144.9 KB · Views: 100
Hi System, just caught your title and the end of thread. Thoughts...a DVT in both legs concurrently would be extremely rare and would cause strong suspicion for a coagulopathy (including Factor V Leiden as noted above). Be sure they run a coagulopathy panel. If there is some form of IVC (inferior vena cava) compression or narrowing this will slow blood return to the heart and cause build-up of fluid (edema) in the lower extremities. In this case a consult with a vascular surgeon/cardiologist may be warranted. Right sided heart failure can also do the same - an echocardiogram would demonstrate this.

Happy you have come out and are on the mend!

sjwilley

Hello everyone, I'm still here.

I'm currently in the ER and had a partial blockage in both legs to the point vision cut in and out and both legs were swollen, warm and minor uncontrollable tremors.

During this partial blockage I actually felt the vein in my neck partially collapse and let of a belch and thought I was a gonner for sure.

I have always felt strange on TRT and thought what I was feeling was high estrogen, now I'm not so sure and may know why I've always been sleepy on TRT, blood flow.

Talk about a headache, beyond any migraine Ive ever felt! My gums are swollen for about a week probably do to a lack of blood flow, probably why my ears have been ringing as well.

Is this the end of TRT for me or can a blood thinner keep blood flowing?

Thanks and glad to be here.

sjwilley

I'm currently in the ER and had a partial blockage in both legs to the point vision cut in and out and both legs were swollen, warm and minor uncontrollable tremors.

During this partial blockage I actually felt the vein in my neck partially collapse and let of a belch and thought I was a gonner for sure.

I have always felt strange on TRT and thought what I was feeling was high estrogen, now I'm not so sure and may know why I've always been sleepy on TRT, blood flow.

Talk about a headache, beyond any migraine Ive ever felt! My gums are swollen for about a week probably do to a lack of blood flow, probably why my ears have been ringing as well.

sjwilley

I have had 3 DVTs - one associated with a bad foot break before I ever started TRT, one last November, when I was playing around with blood flow restriction training, and one currently - apparently attributable to nothing other than the risk resulting from long term damage left over from the first clot. Although I definitely experienced leg swelling and uncomfortable pressure build up (all of mine were in calf veins), I did not experience the other symptons you described with vision and your neck, so I'd ask the doc about that if I were you.

I think there is probably SOME increased clotting risk among folks on TRT, particularly if you have let your red cells increase to the point that the blood is effectively thicker and harder to move around the body. Periodic blood donation could be a good way to keep track of your red cell count and help manage risk associated with an elevated count - not to mention helping other folks who need blood.

Good luck going forward.

That said, I suspect most folks on TRT have no experience with clots. As others have noted, some folks do have a genetic propensity for clot formation, and it makes sense to find out if you are one of them - in which case you may need to take a blood thinner indefinitely. As a 3 time loser on clots, I have been told I should stay on blood thinners permanently. It doesn't seem like the end of the world - although it could interfere with blood donations to manage red cell counts.

Systemlord

Hi System, just caught your title and the end of thread. Thoughts...a DVT in both legs concurrently would be extremely rare and would cause strong suspicion for a coagulopathy (including Factor V Leiden as noted above). Be sure they run a coagulopathy panel. If there is some form of IVC (inferior vena cava) compression or narrowing this will slow blood return to the heart and cause build-up of fluid (edema) in the lower extremities. In this case a consult with a vascular surgeon/cardiologist may be warranted. Right sided heart failure can also do the same - an echocardiogram would demonstrate this.

Happy you have come out and are on the mend!

I contacted your office about possibly getting a referral to have a private vascular surgeon/cardiologist because my Kaiser doctors are moving slowly. I'm willing to pay out of pocket to check all this out.

These events where I get strong pumping sensations in my belly is always followed by swelling of both legs which occur hours after I inject testosterone, these symptoms have weakened since I stopped TRT but are still occuring. I feel like something is continuing to force my T dosages down and seems like the only way I have been able to escape these symptoms is lower the dosage which works for awhile, but then I'm forced to retreat the dosages again.

My legs below the knee feel strange, like there's too much or too little blood flow. I have felt this ever since I withdrew off Klonopin and when I went on TRT, my lower legs would have this hot, tingling, burning sensation that would resolve after 6 weeks, but now it's so bad I can't make it to 6 weeks without ending up in the ER.

I haven't injected testosterone since last Friday because I feel like death hours after injecting.

Last edited:

Systemlord

RA antibody panel is negative.

Off TRT:
Iron 60 mcg/dL 59 - 158 mcg/dL

On TRT:
Iron 40 mcg/dL 59 - 158 mcg/dL

Vitamin D 12 ng/mL30 - 100 ng/mL

Updated Potassium labs

On TRT:
Potassium 1.1 mEq/L 3.5 - 5.0 mEq/L

Off TRT:

Potassium 3.3 mEq/L 3.5 - 5.0 mEq/L

Last edited:

Trents

These events where I get strong pumping sensations in my belly is always followed by swelling of both legs which occur hours after I inject testosterone,

I haven't injected testosterone since last Friday because I feel like death hours after injecting.

Man holy cow you need to get off testosterone and see a doc asap.

Vitamin_C

No, we treat many patients who have had cardiovascular events at the VA, including being on blood thinners. You would need more frequent laboratory value monitoring, however.

Systemlord

An update: Colonoscopy went well, expect for a small cyst that was removed, nothing else remarkable. I'm told that a potassium (iron) deficiency can cause contractions in the digestive system may become weaker and slow which if allowed to continue can cause abdominal compartment syndrome in which severe bilateral leg edema can occur due to colonic obstruction.

Abdominal compartment syndrome occurs when the abdomen becomes subject to increased pressure. ... Increasing pressure reduces blood flow to abdominal organs and impairs pulmonary, cardiovascular, renal, and gastro-intestinal (GI) function, causing multiple organ dysfunction syndrome and death.

I started supplementing iron, potassium, zinc and doctor prescribed 50,000 vitamin D taken once weekly. I'm still not convinced that I'm off the hook that easy, I will keep my hopes neutral until my appointment with a vascular surgeon next Friday.

Abdominal compartment syndrome with massive lower-extremity edema caused by colonic obstruction and distention.

I found this to be of some interest:

Swelling of the abdomen and legs

Last edited:

Systemlord

I had an ultrasound on my mid-section (Inferior Vena Cava) and it felt especially sore and swollen in the area where the ultrasound tech was scanning. This is the area where I constantly feel like blood is backing up all throughout the day (as I type) peaking at night causing the throbbing sensation throughout my lower back, legs and feet.

New symptoms are lower back pain is a new development which follows the throbbing in the legs and now a puslitory numbness in hands and bottom of feet without any TRT for 2 weeks.

Maybe it's the low testosterone messing with my head, but I seem to have little faith in these Kaiser doctors do to all the ER/GP experience. I was told by the ER doctors that my interests would be best served seeking treatment in outpatient and a doctor who specialize in this particular area medicine.

If it is the Inferior Vena Cava giving me problems, symptoms are building up during the day to the event in the evening that seems to have an extremely consistent timing.

I was told it would be 5 days before the results are known.

Supplementing vitamin D, iron, potassium, selenium, zinc among fish oil and COQ10.

Last edited:
Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching