Partial blockage event in both legs!

Buy Lab Tests Online

Systemlord

Hello everyone, I'm still here.

I'm currently in the ER and had a partial blockage in both legs to the point vision cut in and out and both legs were swollen, warm and minor uncontrollable tremors.

During this partial blockage I actually felt the vein in my neck partially collapse and let of a belch and thought I was a gonner for sure.

I have always felt strange on TRT and thought what I was feeling was high estrogen, now I'm not so sure and may know why I've always been sleepy on TRT, blood flow.

Talk about a headache, beyond any migraine Ive ever felt! My gums are swollen for about a week probably do to a lack of blood flow, probably why my ears have been ringing as well.

Is this the end of TRT for me or can a blood thinner keep blood flowing?

Thanks and glad to be here.

Attachments

• 20190428_002035.jpg
    20190428_002035.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 193
  • 20190428_001046.jpg
    20190428_001046.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 190
Last edited:
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

DragonBits

Hello everyone, I'm still here.

I'm currently in the ER and had a partial blockage in both legs to the point vision cut in and out and both legs were swollen, warm and minor uncontrollable tremors.

During this partial blockage I actually felt the vein in my neck partially collapse and let of a belch and thought I was a gonner for sure.

I have always felt strange on TRT and thought what I was feeling was high estrogen, now I'm not so sure and may know why I've always been sleepy on TRT, blood flow.

Talk about a headache, beyond any migraine Ive ever felt! My gums are swollen for about a week probably do to a lack of blood flow, probably why my ears have been ringing as well.

Is this the end of TRT for me or can a blood thinner keep blood flowing?

Thanks and glad to be here.

I have no idea about TRT and blood thinners, I think testosterone can increase your likeliness to bleed and you need less blood thinner.

A blood thinner maybe the first treatment to save your legs and keep your blood flowing, but I don't think it's the best longer term treatment and the partial blockage sounds pretty serious and far advanced.

So it seems to me the more important issue is the blockage.

Can't they do stents in your legs, balloon (DCB) angioplasty or some sort of bypass?

Is this blockage peripheral arterial disease? My mother had PAD, her first symptom was a reduced ability to walk, fortunately they diagnosed it correctly and did a stent.

She had been doing the lifeline screening tests for blood flow, not sure if that helped identify the blockage or not.

Once you are more stable and they do recommend a course of treatment for your legs, I suggest asking about arterial disease in other areas such as carotid artery and heart, maybe they are OK with doing a coronary (heart scan) calcium scan.

Good luck and hope you can make a full recovery, take care of yourself.

John

Outcome

Wishing you a thorough recovery. My wife has peripheral vascular disease and dvt. In her case the distal aorta was occluded and that compromised blood flow to the legs. I learned more about pad than I ever wanted to know. Hopefully you won’t require surgery.

Systemlord

I should mention my family believes I've inherited the family curse Rheumatoid Arthritis. My mother and three sisters all have it, I'm hit with extreme fatigue followed by hot, inflamed joints and last couple of mornings I wake up to stiff, numb joints that refuse to cooperate.

Is there any chance RA could be to blame for a DVT?

DragonBits

I should mention my family believes I've inherited the family curse Rheumatoid Arthritis. My mother and three sisters all have it, I'm hit with extreme fatigue followed by hot, inflamed joints and last couple of mornings I wake up to stiff, numb joints that refuse to cooperate.

Is there any chance RA could be to blame for a DVT?

I don't know much about RA, I think it also causes elevated C-reactive protein.

Does this mean the hospital ER / doctors have determined the blockage was caused by a DVT event?

Systemlord

I don't know much about RA, I think it also causes elevated C-reactive protein.

Does this mean the hospital ER / doctors have determined the blockage was caused by a DVT event?

I'm in the ER a second time and building up to the main event which always happens pretty much the same time every night.

Last night I had 2 different DVT about 2 hours apart, I was up walking around right after and very sore. I didn't inject T today and don't plan on it until I figure out what's going on.

Tonight they did CT scan, an ultrasound and X-ray while both legs were throbbing, scan the head as well, waiting for results.

Last edited:

Systemlord

It turns out the main artery below the heart is narrow and blood is backing up and getting trapped in the feet/legs.

The question is if I need blood thinners which is best for erectile strength?

Last edited:

DragonBits

It turns out the main artery below the heart is narrow and blood is backing up and getting trapped in the feet/legs.

That sounds more likely than DVTs in both legs.

Not sure what is next, stent, bypass, etc.

My dad went in for quadruple bypass surgery and lived another 20 years after that, so it's a big deal but survivable.

Good luck and take care

PhilM7

Systemlord, sending well wishes your way for a speedy recovery! This sounds like a scary event. Being rather new to TRT, I have read that some men donate blood regularly when the blood gets too thick. Is that a possibility that you blood is too thick?

Systemlord

Systemlord, sending well wishes your way for a speedy recovery! This sounds like a scary event. Being rather new to TRT, I have read that some men donate blood regularly when the blood gets too thick. Is that a possibility that you blood is too thick?

Right now my ferritin levels 35, iron is on the lower end and donating is out of the question. One thing I've noticed about every protocol regardless of dosage, I seem to do very well within the 1-4 weeks and after the 4th week my erections start getting soft and I start feeling strange after 6 weeks and I don't think it's all related to estrogen.

A few months ago when I was doing 20mg EOD and had optimal testosterone, HCT was 50%, I skip two injections and had great erections for a few days. I'm an overweight dude and there's no way I'm going to see to a dramatic reduction in estrogen in only a few days.

I seem to be doing very well when my hematocrit is no higher than 46%, every protocol I've ever been on where HCT is 50% I just don't do well even if estrogen is close to 30.

What I need is a low dose blood thinner to make TRT work until I can reverse Type 2 diabetes and improve my health, than maybe I would even need a blood thinner.

Last edited:

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
Hello Systemlord

I am so sorry you went through that bad experience.

I would make sure these genetic tests are done to make sure that you do not have another episode in the future.

Can Testosterone Induce Blood Clots and Thrombosis? Interview with Dr Charles Glueck

Article: Second Interview with Dr Charles Glueck About Testosterone and DVT

Let me know what you find out when you talk to your doctor.

Some guys on here who have history of blood clots have been taking blood thinners along with TRT

Systemlord

Hello Systemlord

I am so sorry you went through that bad experience.

I would make sure these genetic tests are done to make sure that you do not have another episode in the future.

Can Testosterone Induce Blood Clots and Thrombosis? Interview with Dr Charles Glueck

Article: Second Interview with Dr Charles Glueck About Testosterone and DVT

Let me know what you find out when you talk to your doctor.

Some guys on here who have history of blood clots have been taking blood thinners along with TRT

Thanks Nelson, the advice nurses was incorrect, it was edema which is no less dangerous in my opinion.

The edema was responsible for the acid reflux symptoms, chronic 20+ year cough and sinus congestion that started in month 2 of TRT precisely when I went swimming in the ocean and dove under the waves, I can up after a few dives and sinuses swelled up shut.

I had multiple ear infections within months and I had 3 sinus surgeries all for nothing, my sinuses are wide open after missing only two injections (4 days).

I've been having red brightly colored skin more than a week before and for reasons unknown to me, Previlite gives me plenty of time to make changes. I've lost almost 3" off my waist in just 4-5 days skipping my injection.

Can you offer any wisdom in controlling this adema other than lifestyle changes?

Kinda regards.

Last edited:

Systemlord

I bloated up more on enanthate and less on cypionate and am gunning for nebido which I never thought I would do. I may need the longer half-life and inject twice-weekly.

Strangely for the first time I'm unable to push past 400 ng/dL. I'm iron deficient and has never been lower (40 58-158 mcg/dL), ferritin low normal (35).

Last edited:

Outcome

Does the edema correlate with high blood pressure. Have you ever taken a diuretic like hctz
Hydrochlorithiazide . I’m hoping you really get set on the right path to get this under control. This sounds like a lot of fluid retention.

Systemlord

Does the edema correlate with high blood pressure. Have you ever taken a diuretic like hctz
Hydrochlorithiazide . I’m hoping you really get set on the right path to get this under control. This sounds like a lot of fluid retention.

I had tried axiron in the very beginning after 2 days of my 1st application I had extreme muscle spasms in my legs I attributed to my sciatic injury, no water retention was seen, no swelling at all. In reality the shorter the half life, the faster the onset of symptoms, the worse the adema.

Now if I went with nebido and needed to make a course correction, do to the half-life I wouldn't be able to avert disaster. My thinking is the edema increase pressure inside my head and that raises blood pressure and causes tinnitus.

During these 1st 6 weeks of a dosage change I noticed my body's extremely sensitive to medications do to the fluctuations and once I reach 6 weeks things calm down and become stable. So if I can make it 6 weeks I think the coast is clear.

I think another piece to the puzzle is the more iron deficient I am, the more Test I need to get my maintain current levels. A dosage of 20ng EOD got me TT 496 aFT 20.8 and do to becoming more iron deficient, T decrease to TT 406, FT to 16.0.

During iron labs today and will start supplementing and my thinking is I may need less Test to get mid normal levels. Knowing me I'll probably hyper respond to iron supplements.

Does supplementing iron cause labs to be scued?

Last edited:
Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching