Pain and swelling after needle stick in R thigh .. concerned

Buy Lab Tests Online

keithc2485

Hey guys. So I've been doing self-injections for 5 years and I'm pretty good at them. but today I was distracted I guess, on speakerphone etc. Anyway I was doing my testosterone injection in my right upper thigh I think I went a little too middle and when I injected the needle my whole leg flinched and I felt like the muscle tightened like when u tense up while s needle is inside .. but it hurt! ...

I Immediately pulled the needle out, a large amount of blood dripped out ,I cleaned it with gauze and alcohol and held the prep pad there.. felt a little nodule almost immediately so I massage it, that nodule eventually went away.

but now a few hours later I'm left with very sensitive painful to the touch area that's slightly red and warm to the touch. I took an anti-inflammatory.. also and iced it quickly after ..
I don't know if I just bruised my muscled or nerve . But I never had a visible red spot like this before . so naturally I'm alittle more concerned specially bc im going away Tomorrow ..

any feedback would be great.. I'm hoping I wake up and it's gone down some.

Ive included a photo .. note that's a beauty mark ..its not part of the issue
Thanks - K

Attachments

• 20210718_005340.jpg
    20210718_005340.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 38
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Vince

Super Moderator
Hey guys. So I've been doing self-injections for 5 years and I'm pretty good at them. but today I was distracted I guess, on speakerphone etc. Anyway I was doing my testosterone injection in my right upper thigh I think I went a little too middle and when I injected the needle my whole leg flinched and I felt like the muscle tightened like when u tense up while s needle is inside .. but it hurt! ...

I Immediately pulled the needle out, a large amount of blood dripped out ,I cleaned it with gauze and alcohol and held the prep pad there.. felt a little nodule almost immediately so I massage it, that nodule eventually went away.

but now a few hours later I'm left with very sensitive painful to the touch area that's slightly red and warm to the touch. I took an anti-inflammatory.. also and iced it quickly after ..
I don't know if I just bruised my muscled or nerve . But I never had a visible red spot like this before . so naturally I'm alittle more concerned specially bc im going away Tomorrow ..

any feedback would be great.. I'm hoping I wake up and it's gone down some.

Ive included a photo .. note that's a beauty mark ..its not part of the issue
Thanks - K
I don't like injecting in my thigh because of the nerves, you should look into the VG site.

Mojo88

I am not a doc or a pro at this stuff, but from the pic, it looks like you injected too close to the knee.

I've been self-injecting (quads) for about 10 years now. At first, it seemed like I was hitting nerves and causing pain almost every time. Then I started to learn to jab (and withdraw) the needle straighter, and that helped. Then I started aligning the beveled edge with the grain of the muscle fiber, and that helped (this one REALLY reduced post-injection pain). Then I started using one needle for drawing, and switching to a brand new needle before injecting and that helped too.

My latest foray has been into slow insertion of the needle. This is an interesting technique, and I have hit a nerve here and there, but I am able to push through and the nerve reaction is much less severe than if I use the jab technique.

Last edited:
M

MarkM

It appears from the picture you are in the middle of the thigh instead of vastus lateralis (outer thigh).

Like Vince stated, you might consider trying the VG (ventrogluteal) location. I personally stopped using the outer thigh (vastus lateralis) and rotate between to VG and Deltoid. I inject daily and these two locations work great for me.

Mojo88

OP, how'd you make out? Complete recovery?

I wanted to add one thing about my slow-motion insertion technique... it seems to work pretty good for avoiding nerves. Just today, I started to insert needle and I could feel extra pain. So I moved the needle about 1/2" to another spot and it slid it nicely, with minimal discomfort. Like you (and many others apparently) I have been rudely awakened with a few of my quad jabs.

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me