Oxandrolone with 10mg DHEA at the end: blood tests and my experience

Buy Lab Tests Online

sammmy

I am a 46 yo male, skinny-flabby, HIV positive (undetectable but with immune system that is still not recovered). I go to gym 4-5 days a week but often don't have the energy to finish the workout, muscles remain lame, strength does not increase, have no energy during the day and some fat in face and around navel although I am considered slim. I have been testing low doses of various anabolics these months but am NOT on TRT so I do not supplement them with Testosterone or HCG.

I took 15 mg Oxandrolone (with prescription and not fake) per day for 4 weeks and I added 10mg slow release DHEA in the last 12 days in an attempt to reduce the high LDL, low libido, and anorgasmia caused by Oxandrolone. Higher doses of DHEA give me headaches after 4 days so I selected a low dose that won't do that but still give me some effect.

There is a single pharmacokinetic study that claims Oxandrolone is absorbed in 1-2 hours after ingestion but it was dissolved in alcohol so this study is not relevant to the real world. I took it with protein shakes, food, no food, several hours before working out, splitting it in two doses per day etc. but at the end I just started taking 15mg with breakfast before working out by opening the capsule and making sure the breakfast had some fat in it - Oxandrolone is probably fat soluble.

All blood tests were done in US by Quest Diagnostics.

My LDL by the way is high because of the HIV drug Intelence - it is much lower on other HIV drug combos. I tolerate that because Intelence also boosts my sex hormones which helps with my lack of libido and delayed ejaculation problem.

As expected, 15mg Oxandrolone decreased HDL and did not affect LDL, which lead to unfavorable cholesterol ratio. Adding the low dose DHEA at the end failed to improve the blood lipids:

Test

Normal range (male)

Before Oxandrolone

After 19 days of 15mg Oxandrolone

After 4 weeks of 15mg Oxandrolone and 12 days of 10mg DHEA

HDL (good)

> 40 mg/dL

LDL (bad)

< 100 mg/dL

Total Cholest.

< 200 mg/dL

Total Cholest./HDL

< 5.0

Triglycerides

< 150 mg/dL

In contrast, adding a higher dose DHEA to my Ostarine cycle did decrease LDL substantially but gave me headaches after several doses.

As expected the 15mg "low dose" Oxandrolone suppressed my sex hormones the more doses I took. Adding the low dose DHEA failed to increase the Estradiol:

Test

Normal range (male)

Before Oxandrolone

Testosterone

250 - 1100 ng/dL

Free Test. (dialysis)

35 - 155 pg/mL

Estradiol (ultrasens)

<= 29 pg/mL

typical 33 - 37

Oxandrolone seems to slightly suppress White Blood Cells (mostly the Neutrophils) and the low dose DHEA was able to correct for that, partially. However, Creatinine and AST got increasingly abnormal:

Test

Normal range (male)

Before Oxandrolone

White Blood Cells

3.8 - 10.8 thousnd/uL

Lymphocytes

850 - 3900 /uL

CD4

490 - 1740 /uL

Neutrophils

1500 - 7800 /uL

Red Blood Cells

4.20 - 5.80 million/uL

Hemogolobin

13.2 - 17.1 g/dL

Hematocrit

38.5 - 50 %

Creatinine

0.60 - 1.35 mg/dL

ALP

40 - 115 U/L

typical 53 - 62

AST

10 - 40 U/L

ALT

9 - 46 U/L

My experience

Endurance/recovery:
I usually took 15mg Oxandrolone a few hours before gym and noticed on the 4th day that I can increase my weights and finish my workout without feeling tired. I no longer got sore muscles (quadriceps from squats) two days after workout.

Sleep:
About 2 weeks after starting Oxandrolone it became almost impossible for me to fall asleep at night. My HIV drug Intelence that I take in the evening is causing constant problems with falling asleep but Oxandrolone took that to a complete impossibility to fall asleep.

Muscle size:
Muscles look slightly firmer and larger - a tiny effect noticeable in pecs and deltoids. However, I could get that effect size simply by increasing my protein and working out as I am currently doing post Oxandrolone.

Fat/flab around waist:
I am slim but with a little stubborn fat around my navel. I did not feel that Oxandrolone reduced it in any way. In fact I felt the need to start counting calories and doing more cardio/walking to reduce my weight and fat. Sorry to disappoint the dreamers that think they will get "all shredded". If you are not even slim, forget it about Oxandrolone reducing your belly. Also my veins were not "popping" more than usual after workout.

Tendons/joints:
The tendon below my right elbow started hurting from doing pec flies with open arms. Oxandrolone did not help to heal it or reduce inflammation - simply no effect on that.

Sexuality:
In the initial days Oxandrolone increased my libido - made me more psychologically excited about sex. However on the 11th day I noticed that it became extremely hard for me to get to orgasm (probably testosterone suppression had started) and libido went to zero. Erection was not affected positively or negatively.
Adding 10mg DHEA in the last 12 days of the cycle quite obviously increased my libido and orgasmic ability, although it did not increase testosterone or free testosterone.

Immunity:
Unfortunately Oxandrolone and DHEA like many androgens seem to lower my already low immunity. The lab tests above show that Oxandrolone lowers significantly the Neutrophil count (same as Ostarine). On the 5th day since I added DHEA, I started getting mild headaches (HIV itself or some other resident virus) and angular cheilitis which both indicate low immunity. I am not sure if the cause for the cheilitis was Oxandrolone or DHEA or both. However I tested the same dose of DHEA by itself after I recovered from Oxandrolone and there was no cheilitis so Oxandrolone was also involved.

The bottom line

Oxandrolone 15mg helped with strength, endurance, and some minor musle definition but the price I had to pay is not worth it: it suppressed HDL, sex hormones, libido, orgasmic ability, neutrophils and immunity and led to some abnormal liver enzimes. To top it off, it destroyed my sleep and did not help me lose fat at all.

The idea to use a tiny dose of anabolic steroid hoping that you would get some benefit but won't get suppressed just doesn't work in reality. It is necessary to add TRT doses of HCG or Testosterone to maintain semi-normal levels of sex hormones and sexuality. People on TRT obviously do not need to worry about suppression and are in a favorable position to try anabolics in tiny or not so tiny doses. Even on TRT though, anabolics will make your blood lipids and possibly other blood tests abnormal.

For the same minor results, one can just increase protein consumption, workout, and use Beta Ecdysterone which does not suppress anything and on top of that helps with tendons.

Last edited:
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

sammmy

Recovery from Oxandrolone

I simply stopped Oxandrolone and DHEA and did not do PCP. The table below shows that after only 11 days blood lipids, sexual hormones, and other problematic blood parameters were almost recovered and at 4 weeks they are completely recovered. I actually felt that my libido and ability to orgasm came back at around 3 weeks post which suggests that the necessary time for recovery is 2-3 weeks.

Test

Normal range (male)

Before Oxandrolone

11 days after stopping Oxandrolone and DHEA

4 weeks after stopping Oxandrolone and DHEA

HDL (good)

> 40 mg/dL

LDL (bad)

< 100 mg/dL

Testosterone

250 - 1100 ng/dL

Free Test. (dialysis)

35 - 155 pg/mL

Estradiol (ultrasens)

<= 29 pg/mL

typical 33 - 37

Neutrophils

1500 - 7800 /uL

Creatinine

0.60 - 1.35 mg/dL

AST

10 - 40 U/L

The only thing that remains a mystery is the persistently normal estradiol which is extremely unusual for me - we will see if that will last. Before that experiment, my estradiol was always above the normal for males range.

One month after I stopped Oxandrolone, I still lift the same weights as during the cycle but I increased my protein intake which kind of substitutes for the anabolic effect of Oxandrolone. The "gains" from Oxandrolone were something I could get by just working out and increasing the protein intake.

My next "cycle" would most probably be just protein and Beta Ecdysterone.

Last edited:

Rock H. Johnson

There is a single pharmacokinetic study that claims Oxandrolone is absorbed in 1-2 hours after ingestion but it was dissolved in alcohol so this study is not relevant to the real world. I took it with protein shakes, food, no food, several hours before working out, splitting it in two doses per day etc. but at the end I just started taking 15mg with breakfast before working out by opening the capsule and making sure the breakfast had some fat in it - Oxandrolone is probably fat soluble.

From ANABOLICS by William Llewellyn

Oxandrolone(Anavar)

Administration (General):

Studies have shown that taking an oral anabolic steroid with food may decrease its bioavailability. This is caused by the fat-soluble nature of steroid hormones, which can allow some of the drug to dissolve with undigested dietary fat, reducing its absorption from the gastrointestinal tract. For maximum utilization, this steroid should be taken on an empty stomach.

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
The only thing that remains a mystery is the persistently normal estradiol which is extremely unusual for me - we will see if that will last. Before that experiment, my estradiol was always above the normal for males range.
Oxandrolone is a DHT analog that greatly reduces estradiol, crashing it and causing joint aches in some people. It also reduces HDL greatly. Those two reasons make me not take it.

By the way, thanks for the detailed report!

How were your libido and erectile function while having those T levels?

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com

sammmy

How were your libido and erectile function while having those T levels?

Erection not affected, libido increased in the first few days (probably DHT effect) but crashed to zero later (probably when Testosterone suppression started). That is under Sexuality in the first post. People with libido problems should try a low dose 10mg DHEA - takes a few days to build.

sammmy

Androgenic compounds have a strong negative effect on my immunity (that is under Immunity in the original post) so the idea was to try more anabolic than androgenic compounds like Ostarine and Oxandrolone, at low doses, hoping they would provide muscle benefit without affecting immunity or causing suppression or abnormal lipids. It didn't work.

In the past, I tried Androgel, HCG, and Anastrazole- they all increase free testosterone and improve delayed ejaculation (Androgel for 2 weeks at most, until testosterone suppression begins), did not lead to any gains at the gym, and trashed my immunity: low lymphocytes and/or neutrophils, strange slight fever/headaches, ulcerated sore throat without cough or stuffed nose, and cold sores at the slightest cool wind or air conditioner.

Contemporary medicine is not much aware of the immunological properties of Androgens. I've seen a couple of articles saying that cells in the immune system actually have androgen receptors and that androgens suppress their proliferation but nothing definitive.

Last edited:

Gman86

If androgens suppress their proliferation, and negatively effect the immune system, nandrolone might be an ideal compound to maintain anabolism, while minimizing androgenicity.

Rock H. Johnson

Probably Primobolan(Methenolone Enanthate) would be a more suitable candidate if adding some muscle volume is your goal. It is also a DHT derivative so low androgenic. At a moderate dosage of 100-200 mg weekly, methenolone should offer measurably less testosterone suppression than an equal dose of nandrolone or testosterone, due to its non-aromatizable nature. If you use it for less then 8 weeks then you keep HPTA suppresion to its minimum. Only issue is you probably need to get it UGL as I do not know if it is available on script in your geolocation.
As this is an injectable you will not have the second liver bypass and possible sides, its an enanthate so half life is 10.5 days. Oxandrolone has only 9 hours half life so you never got a stable serum level.
Just a thought.

Last edited:

Rock H. Johnson

Contemporary medicine is not much aware of the immunological properties of Androgens. I've seen a couple of articles saying that cells in the immune system actually have androgen receptors and that androgens suppress their proliferation but nothing definitive.

Did you see this:

Attachments

• Suppressive effects of androgens on the immune system.pdf
    684 KB · Views: 197
Last edited:

sammmy

The fact that I was able to feel strength increase and had a significant suppression clearly show that oxandrolone was absorbed sufficiently with just a breakfast containing fat. I didn't take any caffeine nor I took it without food - oxandrolone is not water soluble so it is not clear how it will get absorbed if there is no solvent present. The pharmacy brochure it came with doesn't specify how to take it.

Any compound that is hitting the Androgen Receptors will make the body reduce production of testosterone significantly. That applies even to weak SARMS like Ostarine at tiny doses, obviously applies to Oxandrolone that turned out not as "mild" as is usually claimed (even affected liver enzymes while supposedly it is metabolized by kidneys), and will apply to Nandrolone. So any of these is a NO GO if someone does not want to do TRT at the same time.

The only mild anabolic that is not reducing endogenous testosterone is Beta Ecdysterone because surprisingly it is acting on Estrogen Receptors and allegedly slightly reduces estrogen levels in males.

Last edited:

Rock H. Johnson

oxandrolone is not water soluble so it is not clear how it will get absorbed if there is no solvent present.

Huh? Hydrochloric acid, maybe? like how anything else gets absorbed.......lol

sammmy

In the only pharmacokinetic study available the experts dissolved oxandrolone in alcohol before digestion.

If only they knew that according to "Jonhson" everything dissolves in HCL and there is no need of bile, enzymes and all that other unnecessary stuff in the digestive track .... LOL

Rock H. Johnson

The only mild anabolic that is not reducing endogenous testosterone is Beta Ecdysterone because surprisingly it is acting on Estrogen Receptors and allegedly slightly reduces estrogen levels in males.

All of the research confirms these effects in animals, in humans not that much, tho.
There is not much evidence beyond in vitro to suggest ecdysterone useful for muscle protein synthesis or strength gains.

Effects of methoxyisoflavone, ecdysterone, and sulfo-polysaccharide supplementation on training adaptations in resistance-trained males.
Wilborn CD1, Taylor LW, Campbell BI, Kerksick C, Rasmussen CJ, Greenwood M, Kreider RB.
Author information

Abstract

PURPOSE:
Methoxyisoflavone (M), 20-hydroxyecdysone (E), and sulfo-polysaccharide (CSP3) have been marketed to athletes as dietary supplements that can increase strength and muscle mass during resistance-training. However, little is known about their potential ergogenic value. The purpose of this study was to determine whether these supplements affect training adaptations and/or markers of muscle anabolism/catabolism in resistance-trained athletes.
METHODS:
Forty-five resistance-trained males (20.5 +/- 3 yrs; 179 +/- 7 cm, 84 +/- 16 kg, 17.3 +/- 9% body fat) were matched according to FFM and randomly assigned to ingest in a double blind manner supplements containing either a placebo (P); 800 mg/day of M; 200 mg of E; or, 1,000 mg/day of CSP3 for 8-weeks during training. At 0, 4, and 8-weeks, subjects donated fasting blood samples and completed comprehensive muscular strength, muscular endurance, anaerobic capacity, and body composition analysis. Data were analyzed by repeated measures ANOVA.
RESULTS:
No significant differences (p > 0.05) were observed in training adaptations among groups in the variables FFM, percent body fat, bench press 1 RM, leg press 1 RM or sprint peak power. Anabolic/catabolic analysis revealed no significant differences among groups in active testosterone (AT), free testosterone (FT), cortisol, the AT to cortisol ratio, urea nitrogen, creatinine, the blood urea nitrogen to creatinine ratio. In addition, no significant differences were seen from pre to post supplementation and/or training in AT, FT, or cortisol.
CONCLUSION:
Results indicate that M, E, and CSP3 supplementation do not affect body composition or training adaptations nor do they influence the anabolic/catabolic hormone status or general markers of catabolism in resistance-trained males.

Attachments

• Phytoecdysteroids and Anabolic Androgenic Steroids Structure and Effects on.pdf
    461.5 KB · Views: 148
Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching