Oxandrolone as part of TRT for joint pain

Buy Lab Tests Online

madman

Super Moderator
Nelson, i understand how dht competes with estrogen/ blocks the receptor. However, Oxandrolone is NOT dht. Its merely a drug derived from dht and therefore its much different. We are derived from our parents but we are different. Another example, equipoise is derived from testosterone but very different from T.
Any thoughts on this?

Regarding oxandrolone (anavar), seeing as it is a non-aromatizable DHT derivative, it has been stated that it may impart an anti-estrogenic effect by competing with other (aromatizable) substrates for binding to the aromatase enzyme.

I would say out of all the dht derived AAS that mesterolone (Proviron) would be the most beneficial as not only does it behave like an anti-aromatase in the body but most importantly it's extremely high binding affinity for SHBG and the positive impact it can have on ones FT levels.

Regarding dht derived steroids:

Proviron is Schering’s (now Bayer’s) brand name for the oral androgen mesterolone (1-methyl dihydrotestosterone). Similar to dihydrotestosterone, mesterolone is a strong androgen with only a weak level of anabolic activity. This is due to the fact that like dihydrotestosterone, mesterolone is rapidly reduced to inactive diol metabolites in muscle tissue where concentrations of the 3-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase enzyme are high. The belief that the weak anabolic nature of this compound indicates a tendency to block the androgen receptor in muscle tissue, thereby reducing the gains of other more potent muscle-building steroids, should likewise not be taken seriously. In fact, due to its extremely high affinity for plasma binding proteins such as SHBG, mesterolone may actually work to potentate the activity of other steroids by displacing a higher percentage into a free, unbound state. Among athletes, mesterolone is primarily used to increase androgen levels when dieting or preparing for a contest, and as an anti-estrogen due to its intrinsic ability to antagonize the aromatase enzyme.

Mesterolone is actually believed to act as an anti-aromatase in the body, preventing or slowing the conversion of steroids into estrogen. The result is somewhat comparable to Arimidex®, although less profound. The anti-estrogenic properties of mesterolone are not unique, and a number of other steroids have demonstrated similar activity. Dihydrotestosterone and Masteron (2-methyl-dihydrotestosterone), for example, have been successfully used as therapies for gynecomastia and breast cancer due to their strong androgenic and potentially anti-estrogenic effect. It has also been suggested that nandrolone may even lower aromatase activity in peripheral tissues where it is more resistant to estrogen conversion (the most active site of nandrolone aromatization seems to be the liver). The anti-estrogenic effect of all of these compounds is presumably caused by their ability to compete with other substrates for binding to the aromatase enzyme. With the aromatase enzyme bound to the steroid, yet being unable to alter it, an inhibiting effect is achieved as it is temporarily blocked from interacting with other hormones.

Take home point being:

*The anti-estrogenic effect of all of these compounds is presumably caused by their ability to compete with other substrates for binding to the aromatase enzyme. With the aromatase enzyme bound to the steroid, yet being unable to alter it, an inhibiting effect is achieved as it is temporarily blocked from interacting with other hormones.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

broker

Nelson
Oxandrolone can cause “ some” water retention as well as every other AAS albeit a lesser degree. Where is the water retention coming from?
It is slightly androgenic. You are probably correct, i am just a bit confused.
Fyi, ive used anavar by searle in the late 80’s and then again 10 years later when it was made in italy. I always loved it.

DS3

Regarding oxandrolone (anavar).....seeing as it is a non-aromatizable DHT derivative, it has been stated that it may impart an anti-estrogenic effect by competing with other (aromatizable) substrates for binding to the aromatase enzyme.

I would say out of all the dht derived AAS that mesterolone (Proviron) would be the most beneficial as not only does it behave like an anti-aromatase in the body but most importantly it's extremely high binding affinity for SHBG and the positive impact it can have on ones FT levels.

Regarding dht derived steroids:

Proviron is Schering’s (now Bayer’s) brand name for the oral androgen mesterolone (1-methyl dihydrotestosterone). Similar to dihydrotestosterone, mesterolone is a strong androgen with only a weak level of anabolic activity. This is due to the fact that like dihydrotestosterone, mesterolone is rapidly reduced to inactive diol metabolites in muscle tissue where concentrations of the 3-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase enzyme are high. The belief that the weak anabolic nature of this compound indicates a tendency to block the androgen receptor in muscle tissue, thereby reducing the gains of other more potent muscle-building steroids, should likewise not be taken seriously. In fact, due to its extremely high affinity for plasma binding proteins such as SHBG, mesterolone may actually work to potentate the activity of other steroids by displacing a higher percentage into a free, unbound state. Among athletes, mesterolone is primarily used to increase androgen levels when dieting or preparing for a contest, and as an anti-estrogen due to its intrinsic ability to antagonize the aromatase enzyme.

Mesterolone is actually believed to act as an anti-aromatase in the body, preventing or slowing the conversion of steroids into estrogen. The result is somewhat comparable to Arimidex®, although less profound. The anti-estrogenic properties of mesterolone are not unique, and a number of other steroids have demonstrated similar activity. Dihydrotestosterone and Masteron (2-methyl-dihydrotestosterone), for example, have been successfully used as therapies for gynecomastia and breast cancer due to their strong androgenic and potentially anti-estrogenic effect. It has also been suggested that nandrolone may even lower aromatase activity in peripheral tissues where it is more resistant to estrogen conversion (the most active site of nandrolone aromatization seems to be the liver). The anti-estrogenic effect of all of these compounds is presumably caused by their ability to compete with other substrates for binding to the aromatase enzyme. With the aromatase enzyme bound to the steroid, yet being unable to alter it, an inhibiting effect is achieved as it is temporarily blocked from interacting with other hormones.

Take home point being:

*The anti-estrogenic effect of all of these compounds is presumably caused by their ability to compete with other substrates for binding to the aromatase enzyme. With the aromatase enzyme bound to the steroid, yet being unable to alter it, an inhibiting effect is achieved as it is temporarily blocked from interacting with other hormones.

Proviron has had extremely anti-estrogenic effects in me when I use it. Almost to the same degree as anastrozole. Very good compound for estrogen control from my experience. Great write up.

Sly

Been on Deca for 14 weeks at 60mg per week. It’s helping joint pain some, but not significantly. I asked the doc to up the dose, but he’s hesitant as my Hemo runs around 18.5. It has been at this level before the deca. I give blood every 60 days and that drops it a point or so. I asked about trying Oxandrolone and he’s open to it. That being said at my next consult in 3 mos, I’m going to ask to be prescribed the oxandrolone. My lipids are excellent right now, so I figure a 3 month experiment on Oxandrolone is a low risk alternative.

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
Oxandrolone crashes estradiol and makes your joints hurt eventually. It crashes your HDL but that is reversible. It also increases hematocrit.

Sly

Oxandrolone crashes estradiol and makes your joints hurt eventually. It crashes your HDL but that is reversible. It also increases hematocrit.
I’ve heard it’s good for bone pain though. Would I get some short term relief? I’m pretty desperate. I watch my blood work Nd health closely, but the last surgeon I talked to wanted to replace my elbow joint. I am not willing to do that.

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
I would rather use ibutamoren while it is available by prescription from Empower. It will increase your IGF1 but also your appetite. It increases cortisol also. It may be something good to try at 12.5 mg per day.
Others have tried BOC 157:

Sly

I would rather use ibutamoren while it is available by prescription from Empower. It will increase your IGF1 but also your appetite. It increases cortisol also. It may be something good to try at 12.5 mg per day.

I did as my doc about the IBC-157 and he said that is more for tendon/ ligament damage. I will however push him to let me try it, Thanks Nelson!

Gman86

What doses of Oxandrolone are u referring to when u say it crashes E2 and HDL?

Also, do u know if it lowers E2 in the serum, or just inhibits E2 at the receptor level? Basically, will it lower ur actual E2 number, or just make u feel like u have lower E2?

Gman86

Do u know if a combo of ipa/ cjc will also raise cortisol, or is it just mk-677 that is known to raise cortisol, in regards to growth hormone peptides? I feel that I have low cortisol, but am much more of a fan of the ipa/cjc combo than mk-677

DS3

What doses of Oxandrolone are u referring to when u say it crashes E2 and HDL?

Also, do u know if it lowers E2 in the serum, or just inhibits E2 at the receptor level? Basically, will it lower ur actual E2 number, or just make u feel like u have lower E2?
It can’t decrease estrogen in the serum because your exogenous T would still be aromatize at the same rate with or without Anavar. It would have to be competitive inhibition at the E2 receptor. Anavar isn’t an AI.

Gman86

It can’t decrease estrogen in the serum because your exogenous T would still be aromatize at the same rate with or without Anavar. It would have to be competitive inhibition at the E2 receptor. Anavar isn’t an AI.

Awesome, exactly the info I was looking for. Thanks.

Charliebizz

Yeah for guys on trt. But if you’re not on trt that’s a different story. Since Anavar suppresses t !!

But I assume op is on trt. Lol.

Forty2

Nelson, do you think 5mg/day of Oxandrolone would still negatively impact lipids and negatively impact estradiol?
I realize such a low dose would be pretty useless for muscle building purposes but if I'm not mistaken, it may be beneficial for collagen synthesis.

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me