Oxandrolone and SHBG

Buy Lab Tests Online

dpsct

From what I understand about oxandrolone, part of it's muscle building effect is a result of lowering ones SHBG.

Does that then mean that it would not be as effective on someone that has low SHBG (for example - under 15)?

Last edited:
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
The effect of oxandrolone and other androgens is direct on the androgen receptor. Decreasing SHBG frees up testosterone but remember that ,at the same time, these compounds decrease total and free T when not used along with TRT.

Also, oxandrolone is a DHT analog which can result in dramatic drops in estradiol (DHT opposes estradiol by occupying the estrogen receptor). That can result in joint stiffness in some men on long term use. That drop in estradiol even with the use of TRT can also decrease libido and eventually cause erectile issues long term.

ERO

From what I understand about oxandrolone, part of it's muscle building effect is a result of lowering ones SHBG.

Does that then mean that it would not be as effective on someone that has low SHBG (for example - under 15)?

I have had prescription Oxandrolone from Defy and it dropped my already low SHBG to single digits and had zero effect on muscle building on me. It was also super expensive. Just my experience - your experience may vary.

Gman86

I have had prescription Oxandrolone from Defy and it dropped my already low SHBG to single digits and had zero effect on muscle building on me. It was also super expensive. Just my experience - your experience may vary.

What was ur SHBG before and after using it?

What dose were u using?

And how much did it cost from Empower via Defy, if u don’t mind me asking?

ERO

My SHBG was 16 before and 7 after. The Dose was 20 mg/day and it cost like $600 for what I think was a 3 month supply. (This was around 18 months ago)

I had optimistic thoughts about trying it since TRT has not helped me build any muscle at all. Not that I was expecting anything crazy - But women bodybuilders seem to get some impressive gains off small doses so I hoped it would help. Had zero effect on me. No muscle pumps (that everyone talks about while using it) no strength gains - not even a tiny bit - basically nothing but $600 down the drain.

dpsct

My SHBG was 16 before and 7 after. The Dose was 20 mg/day and it cost like $600 for what I think was a 3 month supply. (This was around 18 months ago)

I had optimistic thoughts about trying it since TRT has not helped me build any muscle at all. Not that I was expecting anything crazy - But women bodybuilders seem to get some impressive gains off small doses so I hoped it would help. Had zero effect on me. No muscle pumps (that everyone talks about while using it) no strength gains - not even a tiny bit - basically nothing but $600 down the drain.

That's less than half the dosage you would need for any anabolic effects. You would never want to stay at that higher dose for longer than six weeks though.

ERO

Ah, that explains it then. as I recall, that was the dose they were willing to prescribe (as I mentioned this was over 18 months ago so I am going off memory)

It sounded good at the time, but with your info and 20/20 hindsight, that was a lot of money for a dose too low to be effective.

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me