Oxandrolone and Joints

Buy Lab Tests Online

captain_j

The minimum dose for efficacy in males is 20 mg per day. That is the dose I used to use.

HDL went down to 27 and E2 to zero. HDL recovered after stopping for a month but E2 stayed suppressed for at least 4 months.

Oxandrolone used with TRT is not a bad option at all. I am just explaining that it may have some reversible issues. Bodybuilders have used this oral for decades. It has also been used in burned and HIV patients. It’s less masculinizing than other agents, so it can be used in women at a dose of 5 to 10 mg per day.

This is crazy, I've been reading stuff all over the internet about Oxandrolone for a while now and I never came across anything that said it crashes E2 like this. This might explain why when I ran it for 4 weeks I felt very lethargic and lost my libido. I will say that I did get labs done about 2 weeks after I stopped the oxandrolone and my E2 was 27, so that is strange. How could this happen? Does oxandrolone occupy the aromatase enzyme preventing testosterone from converting?

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

sammmy

I am NOT on TRT and in my case Oxandrolone crushed the natural testosterone production, which in turn crushed the E2 produced from testosterone.

If one is on TRT, I am not sure if Oxandrolone crushes E2, since the blood level of the external testosterone that is being injected should not be affected by Oxandrolone.

Probably that is way bodibuilders always run Oxandrolone with a 'base of injectable testosterone'.

Gman86

This is crazy, I've been reading stuff all over the internet about Oxandrolone for a while now and I never came across anything that said it crashes E2 like this. This might explain why when I ran it for 4 weeks I felt very lethargic and lost my libido. I will say that I did get labs done about 2 weeks after I stopped the oxandrolone and my E2 was 27, so that is strange. How could this happen? Does oxandrolone occupy the aromatase enzyme preventing testosterone from converting?

What dose of Oxandrolone were you taking?

Wilson7

15 mg of oxandrolone will cut total T by 35% in 5 days (Sheffield-Moore, et al. 1999). SHBG is also reduced significantly esp with C-17 orals. DHT and E2 would parallel those decreases, and with low SHBG clearance would increase. It would make no sense to take oxandrolone without a base of testosterone and/or HCG (to maintain endogenous and intratesticular T) along with E2 and DHT. On a side note because it is consistently raised as a concern, the decreased HDL and its relationship to increased risk of CAD is questionable. Yes, low endogenous HDL is associated with an increased risk of CAD, however raising HDL phamacologically has not resulted in a meaningful reduction in CAD risk. It is not as simple as high or low HDL = low or high CAD risk esp when the effect is influenced pharmacologically. Patients treated with stanazolol for HAE for periods of 20+ years have not shown an increased incidence of CAD. Sure their dosing is low, but sufficient to lower HDL. You'd think after 20 years there would be a measureable negative effect. On a personal note regarding E2, I've had levels with HRT ranging from 10 to 100 depending on HRT dose, inclusion of HCG and/or an AI. I have not noticed any difference regardless. Most of the docs I know in HRT don't worry about E2 unless something like gyno presents. The concern is too low E2, not too high and that AIs are over prescribed, unnecessary and potentially harmful.

Wilson7

@Wilson7 Welcome! You are speaking my language!

The only I would add to the HDL story is that the drug that was studied (torcetrapib) may have had in itself damaging effects instead of just linking the cardiovascular events to the high HDL.
Androgens and SARMs upregulate SR-B1 and that drives down total HDL-C, the question remains, does the decrease of total HDL as a function of androgens really increased CAD risk? I don't think it does. Now if someone is taking large doses of a C-17 androgen and their HDL is 5, that could be a different story, but they'd likely die of HCA before they die of CAD.

goolapsh

I am NOT on TRT and in my case Oxandrolone crushed the natural testosterone production, which in turn crushed the E2 produced from testosterone.

If one is on TRT, I am not sure if Oxandrolone crushes E2, since the blood level of the external testosterone that is being injected should not be affected by Oxandrolone.

Probably that is way bodibuilders always run Oxandrolone with a 'base of injectable testosterone'.
Why you not on trt?

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching