Optimal Free Testosterone

Buy Lab Tests Online

galaxy

What are people aiming for in Free T? I've seen people with troughs well over 1.5-2x the normal range which would place them even higher on peaks. I've had the below labs with no symptoms of high E2 and no AI and no difference really in the way I feel. Is there any benefit to the higher or lower levels.

56mg Test cypionate MWF, 30mg Pregnelone daily, 500 IU HCG MF, No AI or high E2 symptoms
Total T 1017 (264-916)
Free T 34.7 (8.7-25.1)
SHBG 21.1 (16.5-55.9)
E2 Sensitive 48.3 (8-35)
Free E2 2.7 (0.2-1.5)
DHEA-S 250.3 (138.5-475. 2)
DHT 68 (30-85)
Hematocrit 42.2 (37.5-51)

50mg Test cypionate MWF, 30mg Pregnelone daily, 500 IU HCG MF, No AI or high E2 symptoms
Same lab ranges
Total T 800
Free T 24.6
SHBG 16.4
E2 Sensitive 40
Free E2 1.1
DHEA-S 281.5
DHT 55
Hematocrit 43.4

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor
So you have no elevated E symptoms? NO moodiness, irritability, night sweats, body acne, water retention, no erection problems, no sexual performance problems...?

S1W

I've pulled labs that are almost identical to your first set - no DHEA but everything else was literally within a few points of being the same.

I asked my doc about the high FT and how it was high above the top of the range. He said, "Those lab ranges are age adjusted ranges - as far as FT goes I try to keep it below 35. I'm ok with values under that." I'm not sure how/where he came up with that number but I trust him so I went with it.

Interesting to see that your SHBG went down 5 points after you lowered your dose, and basically no change in HCT.

If you feel absolutely no difference whatsoever, I would opt for the lower numbers just because.

galaxy

S1W ya didn't notice any difference at all and have opted for the lower dosage for the time.

VC correct I haven't had any E2 symptoms whatsoever on either dosage.

Vince

Super Moderator
On my last Labs, my Free T 32.3 pg/mL range 6.6 - 18.1 I really never gave it much thought about having higher Free levels. I'm having my consultation on February 15th, I'll ask that question.

Sean Mosher

If you're dialed in then don't touch anything.
It would seem most guys feel their best when that FreeT, like yours, is at top of range (for most labs) or 30-50.

Cataceous

Super Moderator
I'm almost certain your newer free E2 test is wrong. In the earlier results the measured fE2 is pretty close to the calculated value (1.2 pg/mL). But for the latest results the calculated value is about 1.4 pg/mL, not even close to 2.7. As with free testosterone, it's probably better to rely on the calculated values.

Regarding "good" free T levels, guys on TRT are often targeting 15-25 ng/dL (calculated), which is getting to be high-normal for a younger guy. Your cFT is about 29.

S1W ya didn't notice any difference at all and have opted for the lower dosage for the time.

VC correct I haven't had any E2 symptoms whatsoever on either dosage.
I was very pleased to see you pulling Free E but likewise very surprised that youre NOT having problems at those trough levels. Noted your dose reduction reduced FT and in turn your Free E came down but Sens E2 was pretty similar. Interesting to see the sensitivity to E or the lack there of in numbers guys can pull and report no problems.

Systemlord

I don't feel good until my Free T is at the top of the ranges or higher, there is no quality of life even at midrange.

The optimal range is 20-25 pg/mL Labcorp.

galaxy

Thanks all for the feed back. Is it fair to say in the absence of any difference symptoms wise one should revert to the lowest dose possible?

You should keep going on your protocol with no changes. You're not having any problems so there is no reason to over think something like this, looking at numbers, first. If you WERE having any sort of problem then yes the very sound answer would be a small dose reduction or other tweak.

SkiDaddy

Does anyone have a chart showing the Free Testosterone levels of a Teenager?
I have Googled and never find anything but a suggested range.

madman

Super Moderator
Does anyone have a chart showing the Free Testosterone levels of a Teenager?
I have Googled and never find anything but a suggested range.

Regarding the FT levels keep in mind that for measuring Free Testosterone levels the cFT method was used as oppose to the gold standard Equilibrium Dialysis.

We calculated free testosterone concentrations using a previously published equation (38); calculated free testosterone concentrations may differ from those measured by the equilibrium dialysis method (49–51). Furthermore, different equations may yield different results depending upon the dissociation constants and the assumptions embedded in the equation.

Screenshot (30).png

Attachments

• JAN31-REFERENCE-METHOD-TT-FT-jcem2430.pdf
    512.7 KB · Views: 158
Last edited:

madman

Super Moderator
Harmonized Reference Ranges for Circulating Testosterone Levels in Men of Four Cohort Studies in the United States and Europe

Harmonized Reference Ranges for Circulating Testosterone Levels in Men of Four Cohort Studies in the United States and Europe

Distribution of CDC-Standardized Circulating Total Testosterone Measurements Among Healthy Men of Age 19–39 Years, N = 1656

Distribution of Total Testosterone (ng/dL) Levels by Age Among Nonobese Individuals (N = 6933) and Among All Men in Each of the Four Cohorts (N = 9050)

Model-Based Estimates of Population Centiles for Total Testosterone Concentrations (ng/dL) Based on Data From Nonobese Men (N = 6933) and in All Men (N = 9054) in the Four Harmonized Cohorts

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me