only happy when estradiol is VERY low

Buy Lab Tests Online

MIP1950

smart man.

Low E2 for me is achy joints and bones. Dry eyes. Tired.
We discussed the pros and cons. A few years ago, back in Maryland, with this urologist, I was taking 30 mg, Test E, IM, daily. My libido was strong, but few if any erections and I was already overweight for me, I went from 155 to 170 and my E2 sensitive was 60 pg. I totally subscribed to not using an AI. My decision, not my doctor Maybe that was a mistake. Everytime I hit a brick wall, I learn, but I get banged up, too. I'm just stumbling along trying to feel better,overall, and get my penis to work. My doctor is great and I'm his problem patient. @ggenovez reports great results from taking .5 mg anastrazole, daily, as part of his testosterone protocol. @Gman86 posted reports from three guys who also took enough AI to drive E2 way down and they experienced great improvements. Totally contradictory from what we know at the moment. If this doesn't work the only other option is to take estradiol tablets to push E2 higher.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Fortunate

@MIP1950, I think your approach is reasonable. Trust your doctor, go with his recommendations and see how you feel. You can adjust from there.

I personally think I feel shitty with high E2, but as many have pointed out, high E2 and low E2 symptoms overlap, so it can be a really hard thing to track. This is part of the reason why I never really stuck to an AI, even though I have been prescribed anastrazole several times in the past. I figured it's hard enough to chase one hormone in testosterone, let alone two.

All that said, I am giving anastrozole a try along with testosterone injections. I promise, I have been as much of a problem patient as you. I have struggled with multiple forms of TRT, even though I also feel wiped out off it. My latest theory is that if I could get testosterone and minimize downstream metabolites, I may feel better than I have in the past with injections. I started a trial of Xyosted and anastrazole this week. So far, going fine. Will report back here.

By the way, I have used Natesto on an off for years. It is an excellent option if you can't get this figured out.

MIP1950

@MIP1950, I think your approach is reasonable. Trust your doctor, go with his recommendations and see how you feel. You can adjust from there.

I personally think I feel shitty with high E2, but as many have pointed out, high E2 and low E2 symptoms overlap, so it can be a really hard thing to track. This is part of the reason why I never really stuck to an AI, even though I have been prescribed anastrazole several times in the past. I figured it's hard enough to chase one hormone in testosterone, let alone two.

All that said, I am giving anastrozole a try along with testosterone injections. I promise, I have been as much of a problem patient as you. I have struggled with multiple forms of TRT, even though I also feel wiped out off it. My latest theory is that if I could get testosterone and minimize downstream metabolites, I may feel better than I have in the past with injections. I started a trial of Xyosted and anastrazole this week. So far, going fine. Will report back here.

By the way, I have used Natesto on an off for years. It is an excellent option if you can't get this figured out.
My urologist and I had(and always have)interesting conversations. He's also puzzled by why a man would improve with an E2 <5 pg but he acknowledged that it likely is related to the hypothalamus. Since we're operating blind, so to speak, I think all theories are on the table.

Regarding Natesto, I don't think it's covered by my insurance. I might be able get a STEP waiver, since I've been on injections, pellets and compounded cream. Even with that it would probably still be expensive but I'd try it. Right now, back to basics; 100 mg Test E, IM, weekly and now will add anastrazole. We have to keep trying. Sometimes, by science, and serendipity, we find a protocol that works!

MIP1950

This thread, and ai use in general, is fascinating to me as well. Here’s an another anecdote that I saved that I found really interesting. He refers to a group that made him fear ai’s. He doesn’t name the group, but I think it’s probably safe to say it’s the same group ur referring to, and the group we’re all aware of that makes guys feel like ai’s are the devil and are literal poison and anyone that uses them is a complete moron. None of which I personally agree with, obv. Just like u, i lean towards the fact that everyone’s different, and most guys can manipulate their protocols to avoid using ai’s to feel optimal, but at the same time there seems to be guys that no matter how they manipulate their protocol, they require an ai to feel good. The pics attached are the guy talking about the anti-ai group, and I’ll paste a couple other anecdotes of guys using an ai with great success. I have anecdotes for days saved, these are just a couple

Guy #1
0.5mg/ week helped him a bunch
-I felt better the next day. I took 1mg once I got the rx, then 0.5mg every week. I skip it now and then to see how I feel . When my estrogen goes up I get soft when I’m about to cum . So I take it and back to hard as a rock lol
ASKED ABOUT MENTAL OUTLOOK/ MOOD/ ENERGY ON AI
-my outlook did a 180 after taking the AI . I was really down because TRT had me feeling the best then it went south on me. I was thinking it was like drugs, the first time is the best and you chase that feeling but never the same. My energy in the morning came back.
ASKED IF FEELS FULLY DIALED IN
-I am working on taking the lowest dose of test, Hcg and the AI, to feel my best . My only problem is I forget to take my meds at the same times. I have to be more consistent. I miss a day or two here and there and I think it messes with my balance

Guy #2
175mg test per week
1mg anastrozole/ week
-I’ve been on the honeymoon for over a yr. get labs when you feel the best and worst so you know where to be and not to be. Been preaching this for a yr. My Dr did labs every week for the 1st six weeks to see what my numbers were when I felt the best. He’s kept me there for over a yr. have your labs run and guess where you wanna be. Good luck.
Back to experimenting with anastrazole. Bloated and feeling lousy. Last evening(7 pm) took 1 mg. Sleep was lousy, in a bad mood this morning, BUT, around 9 am, my libido took off, lots of sex fantasies which brought on a strong erection. Also urinating quite a bit. It's noon and I'm still horny. Took my test shot Thursday at noon; 100 mg, IM.

I certainly don't want to overdo the ai. Plus, this coming week, having surgery to repair a large umbilical hernia. Referring to Guy #2, perhaps 1 mg, weekly, would help. I'll also touch base with my urologist in a couple of weeks after I've had time to evaluate that my response wasn't just a fluke.

Gman86

Back to experimenting with anastrazole. Bloated and feeling lousy. Last evening(7 pm) took 1 mg. Sleep was lousy, in a bad mood this morning, BUT, around 9 am, my libido took off, lots of sex fantasies which brought on a strong erection. Also urinating quite a bit. It's noon and I'm still horny. Took my test shot Thursday at noon; 100 mg, IM.

I certainly don't want to overdo the ai. Plus, this coming week, having surgery to repair a large umbilical hernia. Referring to Guy #2, perhaps 1 mg, weekly, would help. I'll also touch base with my urologist in a couple of weeks after I've had time to evaluate that my response wasn't just a fluke.

It’s always fascinating to me when guys take an ai to lower E2 and have a huge spike in libido, when increased E2 is supposed to be the main driver of libido. I wonder if it’s just due to having an improved T:E ratio that favors well in the libido department, or if it’s the fluctuation of hormones that is doing something positive. Obv the latter would be easily disproven if the increased libido stuck around once on the same dose of ai for a while.

But thanks for the update, and with ai’s it’s all about finding the sweetspot. Overdoing them will absolutely make u feel worse than under doing them, or not being on them at all. Just sucks that sweetspot is so different for every guy.

And it would also suck if a certain ai dose did wonders in the libido department, but made a guy feel worse in other areas, like mood and sleep, similar to what ur experiencing atm

MIP1950

It’s always fascinating to me when guys take an ai to lower E2 and have a huge spike in libido, when increased E2 is supposed to be the main driver of libido. I wonder if it’s just due to having an improved T:E ratio that favors well in the libido department, or if it’s the fluctuation of hormones that is doing something positive. Obv the latter would be easily disproven if the increased libido stuck around once on the same dose of ai for a while.

But thanks for the update, and with ai’s it’s all about finding the sweetspot. Overdoing them will absolutely make u feel worse than under doing them, or not being on them at all. Just sucks that sweetspot is so different for every guy.

And it would also suck if a certain ai dose did wonders in the libido department, but made a guy feel worse in other areas, like mood and sleep, similar to what ur experiencing atm
Your last comment is on the money. And with my non-response to psych meds for bipolar, my mood is nearly always in flux, even when asleep, which makes it difficult to pin down what might be helping libido/erections or it's being mildly manic, today. But I will give it a few more weeks. The anesthetic gas will probably mess me up for two or three days, too.

Gman86

Your last comment is on the money. And with my non-response to psych meds for bipolar, my mood is nearly always in flux, even when asleep, which makes it difficult to pin down what might be helping libido/erections or it's being mildly manic, today. But I will give it a few more weeks. The anesthetic gas will probably mess me up for two or three days, too.

I’m telling ya man, the answer for u lies in diet and supplementation. With u having bipolar disorder, until u dial those both in ur gonna always be chasing ur tail. I worked in psych for 5 years, and been a nurse for 10+ years, I would stay far far away from any and all psych meds.

Have u looked into lithium orotate?

I try my best to not push anything on anyone, but I can’t help but let u know that with u having bipolar disorder, ur always gonna be chasing ur tail until u optimize ur diet, supplementation, exercise and sleep.

MIP1950

I’m telling ya man, the answer for u lies in diet and supplementation. With u having bipolar disorder, until u dial those both in ur gonna always be chasing ur tail. I worked in psych for 5 years, and been a nurse for 10+ years, I would stay far far away from any and all psych meds.

Have u looked into lithium orotate?

I try my best to not push anything on anyone, but I can’t help but let u know that with u having bipolar disorder, ur always gonna be chasing ur tail until u optimize ur diet, supplementation, exercise and sleep.
Sleep is the most elusive and it is the foundation for mood stability, as well as physical well being. Tried lithium orotate several times over the years. Never found it to be helpful. All psych meds produce side effects but nothing beneficial. I'd be on one if it helped. Diet is hard, too. As I wrote months ago my wife is a vegan and if I started eating a heavy meat diet, such as carnivore, she'd have a breakdown. I eat fish, both frozen and canned(salmon, sardines). The stress level is high, too, as my wife's dementia is slowly getting worse. All I can do is keep trying. Thanks.

Gman86

Sleep is the most elusive and it is the foundation for mood stability, as well as physical well being. Tried lithium orotate several times over the years. Never found it to be helpful. All psych meds produce side effects but nothing beneficial. I'd be on one if it helped. Diet is hard, too. As I wrote months ago my wife is a vegan and if I started eating a heavy meat diet, such as carnivore, she'd have a breakdown. I eat fish, both frozen and canned(salmon, sardines). The stress level is high, too, as my wife's dementia is slowly getting worse. All I can do is keep trying. Thanks.

Oh ya, I remember u telling me about ur wife and her being vegan and her having dementia. Ur definitely between a rock and a hard place. And dementia is extremely difficult. I worked on an Alzheimer’s/ dementia floor for around 4 years, and my grandfather that lived next door to me passed away from it. It’s a horrible disease.

Until ur able to eat primarily meat it’s almost impossible to fix ur issues, unfortunately, so I won’t even try to recommend anything. Be careful with eating too much fish tho, here’s a podcast where a guy poisoned himself very badly eating too much fish. After watching it I personally cut out the canned sardines I was eating 2-3x per week, and now just supplement with very high quality EPA and DHA. I take them in separate supplements so that I can adjust the ratio of each to my liking.

And I have a bunch of tips to improve sleep, that absolutely work, but it doesn’t seem like u have the time, energy, or motivation rn to implement any of them.

And consider urself lucky that none of the psych meds worked for u. They’re all horrible in the long term, and end up causing more issues than they fix, and are just riddled with side effects. Plus, they don’t do anything that u can’t do on ur own through diet, supplementation and life style modifications. Stinks that lithium orotate didn’t do anything for ya.

Charliebizz

Thank God I am not the only one using spreadsheets to follow my symptoms! It’s been a long 7 months and I have my data to prove it! My latest theory is that perhaps I am one of those who is super sensitive to E2 and that even small bumps make me feel bad. I have no idea if this is true, but to test the theory, I recently tried nandrolone (minimal metabolite formation). I didn’t get the usual headaches I got with test injections, but I got nervous using it. So, I decided using standard test with an AI may be a safer way to test my theory.

So, I am watching this thread with interest. I am currently trying to find advice on a reasonable starting dose of anastrazole. I have injected at various frequencies. I happen to have some Xyosted laying around, which is once a week. Weekly is a bit old school, but I did decent on it in the past.

I was considering .25mg a few hours after the shot. I‘d like to know how long the once a week AI will be bioavailable? If I inject once a week, do I need to do a second AI dose later in the week to deal with the T that is laying around? I realize this kind of thing is highly individual, so I am really just looking for anecdotes.

@ggenovez, I struggled with cream. I suspect my test levels shot up massively on cream, and along with the huge swings were swings in DHT and E2. Maybe cream is part of the reason you need so much AI?
Any update on your a.i trial ?

Fortunate

Any update on your a.i trial ?
I took two doses and then stopped. I know that’s not exactly a legitimate trial, but I decided I would give Xyosted more time in order to determine how I feel without an AI. Haven’t ruled out adding it back in down the road if E2 symptoms drift upward.

MIP1950

I keep coming back to this thread. Now been on 100 mg, IM, Test E for three months. Libido is there most days; sometimes quite strong, sometimes moderate, but present in my mind and body. However, zero improvement in erectile function. Rare nocturnal erections, no morning wood. If my libido is strong and I stimulate myself, I get an impressive, short lived erection. MyTT: 1064. FT: 225. E2(ultrasensitive/Quest): 54. Reintroducing anastrazole. I don't know what dose or if I'll do daily, EOD or weekly.

What’s your prolactin me DHT? High prolactin causes me issue a well as low DHT (when used to use Finasteride)

I wouldn’t jump on anything you don’t need but if you try Anastrozole I would only do .25mg to start. But at 54 I wouldn’t think it’s that but everyone is different.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me