one month on TRT + bloodwork before and after (prolactin raised)

Buy Lab Tests Online

triple_g

Hey guys I am now 4 weeks on TRT. I am a 34 year old male and had issues with low libido and low energy the last 2 years until I have checked my T levels and they were very low. For example in 2016 I had TT levels of 870 ng/dL and 3 weeks ago before I started TRT it was 358 ng/dL.

1 week ago I have noticed that I had an extremely high libido like in my early 20s where I had to masturbate like 3x a day. I am injecting 125mg Test-E weekly (every other day). But now suddenly my libido decreased again. Is this normal? I feel strong in the gym, but my libido is now again lower and I had sex yesterday with a woman and the orgasm was not as intense as 1 week ago, when I was super horny.

my last bloodwork results BEFORE TRT 1 month ago:
hematocrit: 43,8%
TT: 358 ng/dL
Free T calculcated: 8.85 ng/dL

SHGB: 22,4 nmol/L
Prolactin: 11,1 ng/mL
Estradiol (E2): <20.0 pg/mL
LH: 5,4 mIU/mL
FSH: 3,87 mIU/mL

My current protocol is without hCG, as the doctor said its a very expensive therapy (I live in Germany).

My bloodwork after 4 weeks on TRT:
hematocrit: 45,9%
TT: 791 ng/dL
Free T calculcated: 23.4 ng/dL

SHGB: 19,1 nmol/L
Prolactin: 18,2 ng/mL
Estradiol (E2): <22,6 pg/mL
LH: 0,210 mIU/mL
FSH: 0,192 mIU/mL

Does anyone know why my Prolactin has raised so high and is my Estradiol okay? I am only on Test E, nothing else. And also my blood fats currently are:

LDL : 124 mg/dl
HDL : 34,4 mg/dl
TRYGLYCERIDE : 169,8 mg/dl

Wrote these, cause my father had a heart attack at age 54 or so.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor
Was the blood drawn during the week you were spanking it three times a day? Ejaculation can spike prolactin for 24-48 hours. Try going 72 hours without having sex or masturbating (if you can stand it) and retest.

Also, your HDL needs to come up. Supplement 2 grams of fish oil or krill oil twice per day if you aren't already.

triple_g

yes I was super horny around the 25,26,27th of July and my blood work was on the 30th of July in the morning. Can this spike from jacking off?

And also what can I do if its not from masturbating? Can TRT raise prolactin levels?

Last edited:
yes I was super horny around the 26,27,28th of July and my blood work was on the 30th of July in the morning. Can this spike from jacking off?

And also what can I do if its not from masturbating? Can TRT raise prolactin levels?
Correct. Prolactin spikes immediately after you have an orgasm. It's why you typically aren't horny right after sex, an interval known as the "refractory period." While the post-sex prolactin spike is fleeting, the number can remain elevated for hours—or even a day or longer. I don't think there's evidence that TRT on its own raises prolactin.

triple_g

Correct. Prolactin spikes immediately after you have an orgasm. It's why you typically aren't horny right after sex, an interval known as the "refractory period." While the post-sex prolactin spike is fleeting, the number can remain elevated for hours—or even a day or longer. I don't think there's evidence that TRT on its own raises prolactin.
I see. Thanks for that. What are your prolactin levels for example? Can this be the cause that I feel not super horny like a week ago?

madman

Super Moderator
Hey guys I am now 4 weeks on TRT. I am a 34 year old male and had issues with low libido and low energy the last 2 years until I have checked my T levels and they were very low. For example in 2016 I had TT levels of 870 ng/dL and 3 weeks ago before I started TRT it was 358 ng/dL.

1 week ago I have noticed that I had an extremely high libido like in my early 20s where I had to masturbate like 3x a day. I am injecting 125mg Test-E weekly (every other day). But now suddenly my libido decreased again. Is this normal? I feel strong in the gym, but my libido is now again lower and I had sex yesterday with a woman and the orgasm was not as intense as 1 week ago, when I was super horny.

my last bloodwork results BEFORE TRT 1 month ago:
hematocrit: 43,8%
TT: 358 ng/dL
Free T calculcated: 8.85 ng/dL

SHGB: 22,4 nmol/L
Prolactin: 11,1 ng/mL
Estradiol (E2): <20.0 pg/mL
LH: 5,4 mIU/mL
FSH: 3,87 mIU/mL

My current protocol is without hCG, as the doctor said its a very expensive therapy (I live in Germany).

My bloodwork after 4 weeks on TRT:
hematocrit: 45,9%
TT: 791 ng/dL
Free T calculcated: 23.4 ng/dL

SHGB: 19,1 nmol/L
Prolactin: 18,2 ng/mL
LH: 0,210 mIU/mL
FSH: 0,192 mIU/mL

Does anyone know why my Prolactin has raised so high and is my Estradiol okay? I am only on Test E, nothing else. And also my blood fats currently are:

LDL : 124 mg/dl
HDL : 34,4 mg/dl
TRYGLYCERIDE : 169,8 mg/dl

Wrote these, cause my father had a heart attack at age 54 or so.

Blood work should be done at 6 weeks.....not 4!

Need to post reference ranges.

Your TT went from 358 --->791 ng/dL which would not only drive up your FT but also estradiol.

Your e2 is still under 22 pg/ml and unfortunately was not tested using the most accurate assay LC/MS-MS.

I would not get too caught up on the insane libido as you need to understand how exogenous T works.

You are only 4 weeks in!

post #2

Keep in mind that when first starting trt not only are you injecting exogenous testosterone but your hpta although dysfunctional has not been shut down yet.

After your first injection T levels will start rising and due to the esterified T used (enanthate/cypionate) hormone levels over the following weeks will be in FLUX until blood levels stabilize (4-6 weeks).

During this time it is common for many to experience what we call the honeymoon period where many tend to notice an increase in overall well-being and libido due to androgen levels rising/increased dopamine but unfortunately, this is short-lived and temporary as the body will eventually adapt once blood levels have stabilized (4-6 weeks) let alone the hpta will be shut down within the first (2-6 weeks) of starting trt.

The first 6 weeks of therapy can be very misleading and many make the critical mistake of gauging how they feel overall regarding low-t symptoms because during the weeks leading up until blood levels stabilize your hormones are in flux.

Even then once blood levels stabilize (4-6 weeks) it will take the body another 2-3 months to adapt to those new levels and this is the critical time period when one should truly gauge how they feel overall regarding relief/improvement of low-t symptoms.

Many get caught up with the euphoric like feeling and intense libido that they can experience when first starting trt or tweaking a trt protocol (increasing T dose) but unfortunately this is temporary and short-lived as eventually, the body will adapt to those new levels and in most cases, as long as healthy TT/FT levels let alone other hormones are achieved on such protocol than one should experience the beneficial effects (mood/energy/libido/erections/recovery) but it will be more in the norm as opposed to the so-called amazing!

You are only 4 weeks in and most will wait 6 weeks then blood work will be done to see where such protocol (dose T/injection frequency) has you trough TT/FT/e2/DHT let alone blood markers such as RBCs/hemoglobin/hematocrit.

The goal of trt is to replace physiological levels of testosterone through the use of exogenous testosterone in order to achieve a healthy TT/FT level which will result in the relief/improvement of low-t symptoms while at the same time minimizing/avoiding any potential side effects (cosmetic/overall health) while keeping blood markers healthy long-term.

I see. Thanks for that. What are your prolactin levels for example? Can this be the cause that I feel not super horny like a week ago?
Mine is a little higher than yours—22 at last blood draw. But I'd had sex the night before. High prolactin can cause low libido in men, but is debatable how high the level needs to be to have an effect. Many doctors, for instance, don't believe in treating elevated prolactin unless the man has a pituitary tumor, which usually coincides with levels in the triple digits, not just slightly above the range.

Gman86

Testosterone definitely raises prolactin. It raises E2, prolactin and DHT

U can try using P5P to naturally lower prolactin. It’s just and activated form of B6

What’s ur diet look like? Based off of ur lipids it looks like u don’t consume enough healthy fats and ur eating too many simple sugars/ processed carbs. U need to get ur HDL up quite a bit and get ur triglycerides down to at least below 100

triple_g

Testosterone definitely raises prolactin. It raises E2, prolactin and DHT

U can try using P5P to naturally lower prolactin. It’s just and activated form of B6

What’s ur diet look like? Based off of ur lipids it looks like u don’t consume enough healthy fats and ur eating too many simple sugars/ processed carbs.
Yes but my estrogen is still low. Before TRT it was smaller than 20. So didnt raise much. What effects does E2 and DHT have on your TRT protocol btw? My diet is shit bro but I look ripped. But definitely need to work on blood fats I am scared of cardiovascular problems. I bought some omega3 pills from myprotein. How much g should I take? 1 or 2 grams?
Mine is a little higher than yours—22 at last blood draw. But I'd had sex the night before. High prolactin can cause low libido in men, but is debatable how high the level needs to be to have an effect.
Do you have any negative effects of 22 prolactin?

triple_g

@madman

reference ranges

hematocrit: 45,9% / 36-48.2
TT: 791 ng/dL / 420-1200
Free T calculcated: 23.4 ng/dL / Calculated online myself, so dont know how high it is in the range
SHGB: 19,1 nmol/L / 22-58
Prolactin: 18,2 ng/mL / 3-14.7

can prolactin be the cause for low libido? I mean I had 11 before TRT and had low libido as well? I think we can rule out Estradiol cause its low and I think my free T is considered high. Also wondering why my SHGB lowered.

Last edited:

madman

Super Moderator
@madman

reference ranges

hematocrit: 45,9% / 36-48.2
TT: 791 ng/dL / 420-1200
Free T calculcated: 23.4 ng/dL / Calculated online myself, so dont know how high it is in the range
SHGB: 19,1 nmol/L / 22-58
Prolactin: 18,2 ng/mL / 3-14.7

can prolactin be the cause for low libido? I mean I had 11 before TRT and had low libido as well? I think we can rule out Estradiol cause its low and I think my free T is considered high. Also wondering why my SHGB lowered.

Excess (very high) levels of prolactin can have a negative impact on libido.

Prolactin <425 µg/L (20 ng/mL) in most cases would not be a cause for concern.

With a trough TT 791 ng/dL and lowish SHBG 19 nmol/L, you should have a high-end FT.

Even then the only way to know where your FT level truly sits is to have it tested using the most accurate assays such as the gold standard Equilibrium Dialysis or Ultrafiltration.

Your SHBG barely budged.....22-19 nmol/L.

Again you just started trt and you are only 4 weeks in.

It is common for many to experience what we call the honeymoon period (euphoric feeling/strong increased libido and erections) during the transition due to rising androgen levels/increase in dopamine and lighting up of the AR (androgen receptors).

Unfortunately, this is usually temporary and short-lived as the body will eventually adapt.

Libido let alone erectile functions are multifactorial and much more is involved than having healthy hormones.

When looking at the bigger picture the first 6 weeks whether starting trt or tweaking a protocol (dose T/injection frequency) means nothing.

You need to give the protocol a fighting chance.....at least 12 weeks to gauge how you truly feel regarding relief/improvement of low-t symptoms!

As I have stated numerous times on the forum:

Achieving a healthy TT/FT level let alone other hormones on such protocol should have a positive impact on (mood/energy/libido/erections/recovery) but it will be more in the norm as opposed to the so-called amazing!

You need to get out of the mindset of trying to chase this honeymoon period as it is temporary and short-lived.

Shut down of the HPTA most likely has a big impact.

Hate to burst your bubble if you think that having healthy testosterone levels let alone constantly fluctuating will result in a raging libido/killer erections.

There is so much more involved when it comes to libido/erectile function.

Having healthy testosterone levels is one piece of the puzzle.

Even then when it comes to trt and libido many tend to get caught up in thinking that it will be through the roof once they hop on trt and get to the point of so-called dialed in let alone cure any ED issues they may have.

When you find that happy place you should have a healthy libido not raging, savage, insane.

There are many men who will see an improvement in libido, others will continue to struggle, some may even end up worse off than before trt and some of the lucky ones will see a drastic improvement.

I think too many get caught up in expecting to feel great 24/7 once on trt as if testosterone is going to cure all that ails them.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me