Once Per Week Growth Hormone Derivative Decreases Fat and Increases IGF1

Buy Lab Tests Online

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
Once-weekly somapacitan is effective and well tolerated in adults with GH deficiency: a randomized phase 3 trial

Abstract
Context
Growth hormone (GH) replacement requires daily GH injections, which is burdensome for some adult patients with GH deficiency (AGHD).

Objective
To demonstrate efficacy and safety of somapacitan, a once-weekly reversible albumin-binding GH derivative, versus placebo in AGHD.

Design
Randomized, parallel-group, placebo-controlled (double-blind) and active-controlled (open-label) Phase 3 trial, REAL 1 (NCT02229851).

Setting
Clinics in 17 countries.

Patients
Treatment-naïve patients with AGHD (n=301 main period, 272 extension period); 257 patients completed the trial.

Interventions
Patients were randomized 2:2:1 to once-weekly somapacitan, daily GH, or once-weekly placebo for 34 weeks (main period). During the 52-week extension period, patients continued treatment with somapacitan or daily GH.

Main outcome measures
Body composition measured using dual-energy X-ray absorptiometry (DXA). Primary endpoint was change to week 34 in truncal fat percentage. IGF-I SDS values were used to dose titrate.

Results
At 34 weeks, somapacitan significantly reduced truncal fat percentage (estimated difference: –1.53% [–2.68; –0.38]; p=0.0090), demonstrating superiority compared with placebo and improved other body composition parameters (including visceral fat and lean body mass) and IGF-I SDS. At 86 weeks, improvements were maintained with both somapacitan and daily GH. Somapacitan was well tolerated, with similar adverse events (including injection-site reactions) compared with daily GH.

Conclusions
In AGHD patients somapacitan administered once-weekly demonstrated superiority over placebo, and overall treatment effects and safety of somapacitan were in accordance with known effects and safety of GH replacement for up to 86 weeks of treatment. Somapacitan may provide an effective alternative to daily GH in AGHD.

The Journal of Clinical Endocrinology & Metabolism, dgaa049, Once-weekly somapacitan is effective and well tolerated in adults with GH deficiency: a randomized phase 3 trial

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor
Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching