Non typical High SHBG question

Buy Lab Tests Online

Vvs1

Why does a low Free T % cause symptoms? I calculate 2 profiles.

A guy with 600 total T and shbg at 30, and a guy with 800 total T with shbg at 50.

Using an online free T calculator, guy 1 has a 2.30% free T and guy 2 has a 1.75%.

Both will have similar direct free T numbers of 14 ng/dl. But the higher shbg guy will suffer symptoms from most profiles I've seen. Does anyone know why?

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor
Too many individual factors. You guys always fail to understand that none of this is linear and can't be compared side-by-side of why guy X does well and why guy Z fails.

Cataceous

Super Moderator
It's a good question, and I have yet to see a definitive reference on the significance of percent free T. This doctor seems to think it's irrelevant, but he could be wrong.
Dr. Hellerstein said:
The % free has no independent significance. It is only used to calculate the free testosterone level. So this value does not deserve too much attention; it does not have any diagnostic meaning by itself.

Vvs1

Too many individual factors. You guys always fail to understand that none of this is linear and can't be compared side-by-side of why guy X does well and why guy Z fails.

Would this scenario-high T/high shbg explain that a different hormone may be the issue? Its really a lack of information out there about high shbg. Same info, different wording.

Perhaps the high SHBG has an Estrogen problem just the opposite of a low SHBG guy but E all the same, quite possibly harder to nail down because of a lower amount of Free Estrogen. We know SHBG binds to E just like it does to T.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me