No Libido

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

WayneC

my libido died when I stopped taking DHEA for 4 months. just started dhea 25mg x2 daily and pregnenolone 50mg daily. And I can feel it coming back. Getting blood work next month and will have it checked.

ERO

my libido died when I stopped taking DHEA for 4 months. just started dhea 25mg x2 daily and pregnenolone 50mg daily. And I can feel it coming back. Getting blood work next month and will have it checked.
I am glad it is coming back!

Gman86

U just taking the preg orally? What time of day do u take it?

Systemlord

Have been in TRT for years. Over the last year my libido is non-existent. Why?

The long term suppression of LH and FSH will lead to certain hormones declining, some men will notice a decline in memory, libido and sleep while some men won't feel any different.

You need to find out which ones have fallen and supplement them.

Pregnenolone is one of them.

Johnny Test

I’m on 140mg of Testosterone Cypionate (injected twice a week -70mg on Monday and 70 mg on Thursday). It’s not that I have low libdo it’s like I have NO libido. I plan on doing a HPTA restart come January so we can have a kid. Wondering if the HCG and other drugs will help with that. I’ve never taken pregnelone. I thought maybe it would be a prolactin issue so I took 0.25mg of cabergoline twice a week for three weeks but haven’t noticed any changes.

Smokin Joe

Have you considered Progesterone?
With all the talk of upstream hormones this may be one to consider.
I'm off trt by 6 weeks but still using Progesterone eod.
Well until this week when we came up positive for Rona.
The thing I've noticed most about using Progesterone is morning wood after a 4:30 am pee.
About an hour and half later its straight up hard.
Not so on T.
Will do T labs in another month to see what's happening.
PSA went over 4 so its time to give it a rest I think.

madman

Super Moderator
Have been in TRT for years. Over the last year my libido is non-existent. Why? And what do I do to get it back? Thank you.

Not much to work with here!

Has anything changed with your protocol within the past year (dose T/injection frequency), use of hCG, or an AI?

You need to post previous protocol/labs and your most recent labs on 140 mg T split (70 mg every 3.5 days).....TT, FT, estradiol, SHBG, prolactin, DHT.

Even then when it comes to libido let alone ED they are multifactorial and there is much more involved than just having healthy hormones (TT, FT, estradiol, DHT, prolactin).

*Thyroid/adrenals, neurotransmitters, insulin sensitivity, stress (mental/physical), quality of sleep, diet, underlying vascular health to name a few can all have a big impact on one's libido/erectile function.

My reply from a previous thread regarding ED/libido:

ED has multiple etiologies including vascular, neurologic, and endocrine disorders.

Underlying vascular health is critical!

Even when using PDE5is although effective for many most men have some degree of vascular/endothelial dysfunction.

Some men are poor responders and will end up needing to use intracavernosal injections to achieve/maintain an erection.

Having healthy testosterone levels is beneficial to one's libido/erectile function but it is far from the only thing that is required to achieve such.

Thyroid/adrenals, neurotransmitters, insulin sensitivity, stress (mental/physical), quality of sleep, diet, underlying vascular health to name a few can all have a big impact on one's libido/erectile function.

Unfortunately, libido/ED is much more complex than simply having healthy testosterone levels.

Even then when it comes to trt and libido many tend to get caught up in thinking that it will be through the roof once they hop on trt and get to the point of so-called dialed in let alone cure any ED issues they may have.

When you find that happy place you should have a healthy libido not raging, savage, insane.

There are many men who will see an improvement in libido, others will continue to struggle, some may even end up worse off than before trt and some of the lucky ones will see a drastic improvement.

I think too many get caught up in expecting to feel great 24/7 once on trt as if testosterone is going to cure all that ails them.

Gman86

The thing I've noticed most about using Progesterone is morning wood after a 4:30 am pee.
Not so on T.

What’s ur prog protocol? U take it orally? What’s ur dose and time of day that u take it?

goolapsh

Not so on T.
Do you purposely get on and off every so often?

Smokin Joe

To be honest yes.
Normally my nuts and scrotum will draw uncomfortably tight after being on TRT for around a year.
So historically I will stop about the 6 to 8 month mark for around 4 months.
This time my psa went to 4.2 from 3.0 over the last 8 months so I stopped.
Haven't had a repeat psa yet but will shortly to see if it moves either way.

goolapsh

To be honest yes.
Normally my nuts and scrotum will draw uncomfortably tight after being on TRT for around a year.
So historically I will stop about the 6 to 8 month mark for around 4 months.
This time my psa went to 4.2 from 3.0 over the last 8 months so I stopped.
Haven't had a repeat psa yet but will shortly to see if it moves either way.

This is interesting. Did your provider tell you to stop due to your psa or was this your idea? I never heard of someone getting off trt just because their psa goes up. If that happens don’t they usually biopsy. If you had cancer it’s not like it goes away by stopping trt. Also how do you deal with the emotional ups and downs with going on and coming off?

Smokin Joe

I haven't seen my provider yet but I can assure you that he would have and will stop my trt.
He is treating my brother for advanced prostate cancer.
As far as high and lows I use multiple herbs from Tribulus to Cistanche to help curb any sides.
I eat good, sleep well and drink lots of beer on the weekends.
Hope this helps.
S.J.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale