No Gym: Quarantine check in and learnings.

Buy Lab Tests Online

Seth

I really miss going to the gym. Prior to the lockdown, I was going everyday. My routine was, one day cardio and the next day mainly weights after a short cardio warm up. These were followed up with a shower and sauna relax time. Some of the gyms are back open, but I can't handle a treadmill workout while wearing a mask. Feel like I'm suffocating, so I given up on gym until the rules are relaxed. Also, the pool, sauna, jazuzzi and showers are still closed, so that's something else I miss. There was a regular group of us guys who were regulars. We'd work out together, then chill in the sauna and talk afterwards. I'm doing the best I can do while at home, but it's not the same. I wonder if all these precautions are really warranted. Seems to me that pools with chlorine and hot sauna's would be inhospitable to the virus.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

gaz7718

Totally understand your thoughts here. Most of UK gyms require specific time slots to be booked and my closest one even limits you to one zone if the gym. Luckily we don’t have to wear masks and I managed to find a gym 25 mins drive away without the need to pre book and with loads of great kit. So I’m happy.

JohnTaylorHK

I really miss going to the gym. Prior to the lockdown, I was going everyday. My routine was, one day cardio and the next day mainly weights after a short cardio warm up. These were followed up with a shower and sauna relax time. Some of the gyms are back open, but I can't handle a treadmill workout while wearing a mask. Feel like I'm suffocating, so I given up on gym until the rules are relaxed. Also, the pool, sauna, jazuzzi and showers are still closed, so that's something else I miss. There was a regular group of us guys who were regulars. We'd work out together, then chill in the sauna and talk afterwards. I'm doing the best I can do while at home, but it's not the same. I wonder if all these precautions are really warranted. Seems to me that pools with chlorine and hot sauna's would be inhospitable to the virus.
Surfaces are not the major transmission vector, breathing exhaled air from other people is. WRT saunas, the extra moisture in the air may increase transmissibility.

I agree about the masks, I jog every day about 3.5 miles, and the co2 buildup really bugged me at first, not at all the same as high-altitude training, one reason why those restrictive masks which are supposed to increase your vo2max don't work. It does improve after a month or so.

I suggest buying a jump rope and researching Tabata workouts. I'm also building a punching station using old tyres. Together with the jogging and isometrics, I don't need the gym. Namaste.

3DMission

@Cips1975 it’s times like these that test is the most and expose our agility. Can we adapt? It’s best to assume the gym will never open again and make changes now to align with the new reality. If the gyms reopen, then that’s a bonus, but at least now you’ve adapted to life without the gym.

I’ll admit, at the start I did not workout and my diet was horrible and I sunk into some deep depression which made getting the motivation to workout nearly impossible. After 3 months of blah, I finally decided enough is enough. I started working out again and now I’m hitting it harder than ever before 5 days a week. I’m super pumped, working out gives me so much joy, and that’s helping me with the depression. I’m kicking myself for the 3 months I lost doing nothing.

I recommend jumping jacks and doin any cardio as HIIT workouts to maximize burn. I don’t do any cardio nonstop, I do jumping jacks and other exercises in between weights.

I bought a full set of dumbbells, squat rack, bench press, barbells and sauna. My basement is now better than any gym. Also, one key must have for a home gym is mirrors. That’s what makes you feel like you’re at the gym. Get some really big mirrors, full size to hit every angle so you can watch your form while you workout.

TorontoTRT

Pre book via app. Wear a mask walking in. But no mask while working out. The booking system is being eliminated at most locations soon.

DragonBits

Here in Illinois, a suburb of chicago, LA Fitness has been open since June 26th. I went a couple of times in June, but haven't gone to the gym in 5 weeks.

There has never been an appt to book, just walk in as usual.

Just a lot of yard work to do, also had to call 911 to take my mother to hospital, that blew through 3 weeks. Turned out it was critically low sodium, 118, range 134-145. She is 93, and looked pretty bad that night, but a week later was perfectly normal once they had gotten her sodium up.

In June the gym reopened but closed down the showers, pool, sauna, jacuzzi and basketball court. Needed a mask to enter, once inside you don't need to wear it and only maybe 10% wore masks inside, all the staff did.

Yesterday, everything was the same as 5 weeks ago, BUT they opened the pool and every other shower. The, sauna, jacuzzi and basketball court are still closed.

At 4PM the gym was busy but not as busy as it would have been a year ago, maybe about 50% full. It did seem I was the oldest one there, most everyone was 20-48 year old, this seemed like a change.

It felt good to be back, but as expected, today I am pretty sore.

Seth

@Cips1975 it’s times like these that test is the most and expose our agility. Can we adapt? It’s best to assume the gym will never open again and make changes now to align with the new reality. If the gyms reopen, then that’s a bonus, but at least now you’ve adapted to life without the gym.

I’ll admit, at the start I did not workout and my diet was horrible and I sunk into some deep depression which made getting the motivation to workout nearly impossible. After 3 months of blah, I finally decided enough is enough. I started working out again and now I’m hitting it harder than ever before 5 days a week. I’m super pumped, working out gives me so much joy, and that’s helping me with the depression. I’m kicking myself for the 3 months I lost doing nothing.

I recommend jumping jacks and doin any cardio as HIIT workouts to maximize burn. I don’t do any cardio nonstop, I do jumping jacks and other exercises in between weights.

I bought a full set of dumbbells, squat rack, bench press, barbells and sauna. My basement is now better than any gym. Also, one key must have for a home gym is mirrors. That’s what makes you feel like you’re at the gym. Get some really big mirrors, full size to hit every angle so you can watch your form while you workout.
Sounds like you've got a fully equipped gym in your basement. Wish I had the room to set something like that up, or knew someone who did. It helps to have someone to workout with.

3DMission

Sounds like you've got a fully equipped gym in your basement. Wish I had the room to set something like that up, or knew someone who did. It helps to have someone to workout with.
Hey @Seth you sound a little discouraged. I know this sucks big time, I’m not sure what state you live in, but I’m in Maryland and we’re bout to lockdown again. I would anticipate that this will be a dark winter and many states will go into lockdown again. Now is the time to prepare a place for you to workout in your crib. You really don’t need much space. I could think of sweet setup that could be done in the space the size of a small bathroom and for cheap too.

Prioritize the key equipment you want to spend your money on. Getting heavy weights is not a requirement. You can do endless routines with HIIT workouts and varies lightweight exercises. Might not sound like the fun heavy workouts you’re used to in the gym, but it’ll kick your butt and you’ll feel and look better too.

While it’s nice to have someone to workout with, that often hinders your workout. Have a partner likely results in you resting way too long in between sets. Working out solo allows you to turn the music up and get in the zone to hit it hard. Since you’re alone you can take your shirt off or workout in your boxers.

Here’s some key tips to building a home workout space.

- Digital wall clock, like in the gym $80
- As large of a mirror you can get, whatever your space line it with mirrors, at different angles so you can see your form. $100-$200
- Adjustable Bench $150
- dumbbells. 5lb, 8lb, 10lb, 15lb, 20lb, 25lb set at least. $150
- Kettlebells. A few different weights $40
- pulley system for hang from ceiling or wall $100
- weighs for pulley system $60
- floor mat puzzle pieces $50
- TRX Training System $150

$1,000 there will get you a sweet Setup and 1/2 that is optional, so $500 and you got yourself a home gym. That can fit in the size of a bathroom or carve out the corner of your room.

The biggest mistakes for home gyms is not making it a dedicated space. It can’t just be weights in your living room. It needs to be a dedicated space to focus and out your mind in gym mode. You can carve out a corner of the living room, but make that space dedicated to working out. The mirrors are a must. Make the space “feel” like your commercial gym. That’s why mirrors, a digital time clock (like a large wall mounted one in the gym) and the floor mats are so important. This makes the space feel like a gym.

Now is a defining moment in many peoples lives and most don’t even know it. They think just make it through this pandemic. No. Excel through this pandemic. You can hunker down this winter and come out ripped next Spring and feel on top of the world or you can wallow in self-pity wishing you could go out to the bar or workout in a gym, sit at home and eat Chinese takeout and pizza all winter.

These times test us the most.

Cips1975

My wife and I have just started the process of making a home gym in our new house in our unfinished basement. So far we have purchased a peloton bike. My wife likes doing cardio and spinning classes and likes the virtual or group exercise aspect of it. I Purchased a Inspire FTX functional trainer. It’s is basically like a cable crossover but condensed into a smaller footprint. The great thing about this machine is that it’s adjustable pulley’s and different attachments allow for many different types of exercises it’s very efficient and effective. Plus it has a pull up bar. We also got two adjustable benches that we can use for the cable machine and for the small set of dumbbells that we already have up to 25lbs. I am just waiting for the floor mats to come in and then I’ll start putting the pieces in there. Anyway regardless if we get shut down again in the future I’ll probably end up doing both the gym workouts at home gym workouts. Plus we have a baby coming next spring, so I forsee I won’t have anytime. Lol. Down the road I may explore some free weights, but feel they are not a necessity. Maybe a pair of adjustable dumbbells.

Seth

Hey @Seth you sound a little discouraged. I know this sucks big time, I’m not sure what state you live in, but I’m in Maryland and we’re bout to lockdown again. I would anticipate that this will be a dark winter and many states will go into lockdown again. Now is the time to prepare a place for you to workout in your crib. You really don’t need much space. I could think of sweet setup that could be done in the space the size of a small bathroom and for cheap too.

Prioritize the key equipment you want to spend your money on. Getting heavy weights is not a requirement. You can do endless routines with HIIT workouts and varies lightweight exercises. Might not sound like the fun heavy workouts you’re used to in the gym, but it’ll kick your butt and you’ll feel and look better too.

While it’s nice to have someone to workout with, that often hinders your workout. Have a partner likely results in you resting way too long in between sets. Working out solo allows you to turn the music up and get in the zone to hit it hard. Since you’re alone you can take your shirt off or workout in your boxers.

Here’s some key tips to building a home workout space.

- Digital wall clock, like in the gym $80
- As large of a mirror you can get, whatever your space line it with mirrors, at different angles so you can see your form. $100-$200
- Adjustable Bench $150
- dumbbells. 5lb, 8lb, 10lb, 15lb, 20lb, 25lb set at least. $150
- Kettlebells. A few different weights $40
- pulley system for hang from ceiling or wall $100
- weighs for pulley system $60
- floor mat puzzle pieces $50
- TRX Training System $150

$1,000 there will get you a sweet Setup and 1/2 that is optional, so $500 and you got yourself a home gym. That can fit in the size of a bathroom or carve out the corner of your room.

The biggest mistakes for home gyms is not making it a dedicated space. It can’t just be weights in your living room. It needs to be a dedicated space to focus and out your mind in gym mode. You can carve out a corner of the living room, but make that space dedicated to working out. The mirrors are a must. Make the space “feel” like your commercial gym. That’s why mirrors, a digital time clock (like a large wall mounted one in the gym) and the floor mats are so important. This makes the space feel like a gym.

Now is a defining moment in many peoples lives and most don’t even know it. They think just make it through this pandemic. No. Excel through this pandemic. You can hunker down this winter and come out ripped next Spring and feel on top of the world or you can wallow in self-pity wishing you could go out to the bar or workout in a gym, sit at home and eat Chinese takeout and pizza all winter.

These times test us the most
Thanks, for the reality check. I think that's exactly what I needed. A kick in the butt. Like you, I have fallen into a funk, practically stopped exercising, eating way too much junk, staying home and feeling depressed. With this latest wave of closures, who knows when the gyms will reopen again or to what extent. You are right. I can either give up or take control of the situation. I definitely have enough room in my garage to set up a home gym like the one you suggest. Hell, even getting it up will be a good project for me and get me off my ass and doing something. I really appreciate your advice and pep talk!
Seth

sammmy

Walking 10000 steps (1.5 hours) a day in the park is the best exercise and it is actually nice to get out of the house.

Closed spaces (gyms, coffee shops, bars, restaurants, schools, hospitals, public transport) are incubators for the virus and masks do NOT stop it - it is airborn. Social distance and not spending time in closed spaces with other people breathing around are the best protection.

gaz7718

First lockdown in the UK lasted four months and all I had was a few kettlebells to work with. Kit was over priced and generally not available and just adapted my whole programme around those kettlebells. I lost minimal strength and condition and when I returned was hitting some pb’s in the dumbbell press after 6 weeks.

basically we can chose to complain about the loss of gym access or adapt and find ways to still enjoy your training.

for sure I enjoy the gym, it’s space, equipment and people more than solo training in my front room, but it’s way better than nothing at all.

3DMission

Thanks, for the reality check. I think that's exactly what I needed. A kick in the butt. Like you, I have fallen into a funk, practically stopped exercising, eating way too much junk, staying home and feeling depressed. With this latest wave of closures, who knows when the gyms will reopen again or to what extent. You are right. I can either give up or take control of the situation. I definitely have enough room in my garage to set up a home gym like the one you suggest. Hell, even getting it up will be a good project for me and get me off my ass and doing something. I really appreciate your advice and pep talk!
Seth

@Seth You’re welcome!! The absolute hardest part is getting started. Even once you have the gym built, it’s hard to decide to workout and make it a priority. How are things coming along?

Cips1975

Update: So my home gym is now ready to go. No more additions at this point. Here is our set up we put together over the past 6 weeks or so. Pic below. Here is what we got. Overall approx a $4600 investment.
Inspire Functional Trainer w/ adj bench
Flybird adjustable bench
Core Fitness Adjustable DBs 5-50 lbs w/stand
Floor mats 2x2
Peleton Bike.
Couple attachments for functional trainer

PS: Still keeping my gym membership as it is only $20/ month but here in Pa with us rocking like 10-12k covid cases a day not sure if gyms will stay open in the near future if this shit keeps cranking. So I am ready and splitting between home and commercial.
BBDB4A87-B974-4EDE-ABB6-7C3921CF9001.jpeg

Last edited:

JaredMaida

XYZ 壯陽藥春藥專賣店 大量購買有優惠

Seth

@Seth You’re welcome!! The absolute hardest part is getting started. Even once you have the gym built, it’s hard to decide to workout and make it a priority. How are things coming along?
It's coming along OK. I've gotten some dumbells, incline bench, chin-up bar, jump rope, mats and a couple of mirrors. Don't have a lot of money to buy much more right now, but it's got a start. I definitely feel better about having a designated area to work out. I'd like to get a treadmill and set up a TV on the wall in front of it, but that will have to wait until I get some more money. In the meantime, I put on some music and and work out, then go for a 3 to 4 mile walk. Still miss the gym, but I definitely feel better.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me