Nitric oxide vs antioxidants

Buy Lab Tests Online

drkelp

Hey guys, I like to use arginine, citrulline, etc to encourage nitric oxide for blood flow as do some others. However it's come to my attention that at some point it's a free radical. Also using antioxidants may decrease nitric oxide? How do we get the best of both worlds? Any thoughts?

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

DorianGray

The nitrate-nitrite-nitric oxide pathway to NO, which can be modulated by diet, as well as the enzymatic synthesis from L-arginine benefits from the addition of antioxidants.
"Antioxidants, such as vitamin C and polyphenols, can positively affect NO production from both pathways. First, they help protect the essential cofactors for the NOS pathway, such as tetrahydrobiopterin, from becoming oxidized. Second, the presence of antioxidants protects NO from being scavenged once it is produced. Third, vitamin C and polyphenols can facilitate the reduction of nitrite to NO in the presence of an electron acceptor, thereby providing a recycling pathway. Lastly, vitamin C and polyphenols are very potent inhibitors of nitrosation reactions. Collectively antioxidants promote beneficial effects of nitrate and nitrite reduction to NO..." Nitrite and Nitrate in Human Health and Disease. Second Edition.2017 Bryan, Nathan; Loscalzo, Joseph.

Another good reason to consume vitamin C and high quality olive oil.

Last edited:
Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching