Newbie searching wisdom and advice

Buy Lab Tests Online

anom245

Hello just found the thread and I am liking what I am seeing. I am a 28 year old male with total testosterone on my most recent bloods of 189. My urologist is making me take another blood test in a month to see if my levels change. I am very disappointed in the lack of care these physicians seem to want to provide. 189 at age 28 is not normal, I have severe brain fog and fatigue, I eat right and exercise vigorously 4-5 times a week. At this point if the Urologist keeps messing around I am thinking about self medicating TRT myself and using the site for protocol/advice. I will post bloods for proof of results.
Test results.jpg

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Systemlord

You want insurance to approve medical coverage for TRT, you have to play these games. Unless hypothyroidism can explain super low SHBG, you may in fact have a rough time on TRT with SHBG this low.

You will not need high levels with SHBG this low, in fact I expect severe symptomatology in the high normal ranges. You will need daily injections or I imagine you'll be hating life.

Your in a state home to one of the best hormones doctors in the country, Dr. Rob Kominiarek in Springboro OH. Your chances for getting your health back on track increases when working with very knowledgeable doctors versus going at this alone.

anom245

Im 250 miles away from him but have family in Cincinnati. If the Urologist messes around again on the follow up then I am going to have to find another way. I would say the fatigue and brain fog severely has me not enjoying life in general. Always tired and no motivation sucks for work. Still able to hit the gym but for as much as I go 4-5 days a week I feel my results should be more than what I am seeing. My recovery has also stagnated too, I used to be able to deadlift and squat and be right back the next day. Now I generally need a day off before I can hit a compound lift again.

Systemlord

I doubt your urologists will be up to date on modern TRT protocols, he will probably prescribe 200mg every 2 weeks and if he does I imagine you'll want to quit shortly after you start TRT.

Urologists usually specialize in other areas of medicine and are usually inept at managing men on TRT because they don't prescribe TRT often.

Systemlord

Would I need to pin every other day ?

When you start spacing out injections beyond everyday, you are in fact making the treatment less effective and may very well degrade the way you feel. I have low SHBG (14) as well and there's a perfectly good reason why I recommended daily injections.

You want to use 27-29 gauge insulin syringes and inject in the shoulders and quads. HCG will increase estrogen and therefore symptoms, start TRT in isolation is the best course of action.

anom245

What about hcg mono to try to get the test to start again ? Or are you saying with test that low TRT is the only option. Also worried because research is hitting on a pituitary tumor with high prolactin.

Systemlord

What about hcg mono to try to get the test to start again ?

HCG might work, but doesn't always activate all hormonal pathways, but eventually you'll need TRT as you get older and testicles become less efficient. HCG will suppress your HPTA just like TRT, but testicles will be functioning.

Also worried because research is hitting on a pituitary tumor with high prolactin.
Your prolactin is not high enough to be causing problems, I wouldn't even say your prolactin is high because it's not, nobody would suspect a pituitary tumor with your prolactin levels.

I worry about climate change more than I worry about something unknown that has yet to be proven.

Last edited:

anom245

Thank goodness. I know I always have this buzz in my head and brain fog so I was worried. If I optimize my testosterone will the brain fog subside ?

Systemlord

I know I always have this buzz in my head and brain fog so I was worried. If I optimize my testosterone will the brain fog subside ?
Almost everyone with low testosterone has some degree of brain fog, I'm sure the brain fog symptoms will disappear quickly after TRT is initiated. More than likely after only a couple of injections.

Vtail

Thank goodness. I know I always have this buzz in my head and brain fog so I was worried. If I optimize my testosterone will the brain fog subside ?

In my case the brain fog lifted after I got my thyroid levels worked out. Testosterone improved my physical condition, but the mind fog persisted. That caused me to dig further which led to thyroid treatment.

Systemlord

Maybe thats why my SHBG is so low as systemlord stated.

The liver produces SHBG, fT3 drives every organ in the body. Men often find their way back here months after starting TRT wondering why it feels like they are injecting water, testosterone can't be metabolized in the liver if fT3 is low.

If you want to get a full picture of how your thyroid is performing checking TSH, fT4, fT3 (not T3), rT3 and both antibodies is what you need.

Optimal VS Normal Thyroid Levels for all Lab Tests & Ages

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching