Newbie confused by prescription, help please

Buy Lab Tests Online
T

tareload

Dr Nichols typically starts men on 2 clicks (100mg) twice per day and adjust dosage based on symptoms and levels (free T). He has a few on 4 clicks 2x per day but anything more than that is cost prohibitive and instructs patients they would be better off doing injections. Nichols is the one that brought scrotal application to the forefront and probably has more experience with it than anyone. He prescribes injections or cream for patients. Daily application of either is ideal in his medical opinion. Dr Nichols does not have anyone on more than 4 clicks twice per day.
Intriguing....thanks RobRoy. Based on these protocols, can you provide daily peak/trough TT / fT ranges at 100 mg and 200 mg 2x per day test cream to the scrotum? Does Dr. Nichols have targets for these metrics to have his patients optimized?

Appreciate the insight.

Last edited by a moderator:
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

RobRoy

Intriguing....thanks RobRoy. Based on these protocols, can you provide daily peak/trough TT / fT ranges at 100 mg and 200 mg 2x per day test cream to the scrotum? Does Dr. Nichols have targets for these metrics to have his patients optimized?

Appreciate the insight.
He treats symptoms and is not caught up in the numbers game you seem to be

T

tareload

He treats symptoms and is not caught up in the numbers game you seem to be
So no numbers? He doesn't follow up with regular blood work on the usual tests? How is dose adjusted based on free T level you mentioned above without bloodwork?

RobRoy

So no numbers? He doesn't follow up with regular blood work on the usual tests? How is dose adjusted based on free T level you mentioned above without bloodwork?
Symptoms first and foremost along with free T It’s that simple. Of course he is optimizing all the other hormones as well. But like I said he is not caught up in the number. If your free is 35 ng/dl for instance and you are still symptomatic he will give you the option of raising the dose to treat those symptoms. You can’t measure everyone’s AR sensitivity (CAG repeat length) or their exposure to EDCs that affect their response to testosterone (many competitively compete for the receptor). As he has said if every parameter of health improves what is the danger of of having a free of 50? Men seem to have a fear of a number even on this forum or a opinion that men “only need” a certain amount and anything above that is abuse.

Last edited:
T

tareload

Symptoms first and foremost along with free T It’s that simple. Of course he is optimizing all the other hormones as well.
Can you share TT / fT on your protocol (peak trough) along with dosing? May be useful for OP to compare numbers you get vs model I provided. For science and OPs benefit?

RobRoy

Can you share TT / fT on your protocol (peak trough) along with dosing? May be useful for OP to compare numbers you get vs model I provided. For science and OPs benefit?
He measures 5 hours after application. 1600. Free 53. Feel better than ever and ever thing we can measure had improved. So when it is all said it’s what makes me healthier not what makes you happy or your opinion based on not treating 1 single patient

T

tareload

He measures 5 hours after application. 1600. Free 53. Feel better than ever and ever thing we can measure had improved. So when it is all said it’s what makes me healthier not what makes you happy or your opinion based on not treating 1 single patient
So this example is for 100 mg test cream twice daily (5 hr trough roughly)? Thanks in advance.

And seriously, let's bury the hatchet as together we can do more to help people than quarreling. What do you say?

RobRoy

So this example is for 100 mg test cream twice daily (5 hr trough roughly)? Thanks in advance.

And seriously, let's bury the hatchet as together we can do more to help people than quarreling. What do you say?
Sounds good. There is no real trough with a 2x daily application. If you Look at the pharmacokinetics there’s about a 23% decrement 12 hours after application. Creams are not treated like injections with regard to through measurements. Levels differ in every man but for the most part 100 mg twice a day get most optimal some need less and some more it all depends on symptoms and free T levels. He measures at five hours after application because he finds that levels and symptom resolution correlate very well but this is based on clinical experience. Some measure at a different time frame but he measures at the five hour mark.

T

tareload

Sounds good. There is no real trough with a 2x daily application. If you Look at the pharmacokinetics there’s about a 23% decrement 12 hours after application. Creams are not treated like injections with regard to through measurements. Levels differ in every man but for the most part 100 mg twice a day get most optimal some need less and some more it all depends on symptoms and free T levels. He measures at five hours after application because he finds that levels and symptom resolution correlate very well but this is based on clinical experience. Some measure at a different time frame but he measures at the five hour mark.
Thanks for the information. Understood on the 5 hr sampling point and I'll compare the TT you shared above with the PK model results I shared earlier for everyone's benefit. If you are OK with it I'll share this analysis over at T Nation as well.

I appreciate the team work and look forward to more constructive dialogue like this in the future. If it helps someone understand how all this works a little better then I think it's worth it. With all the crap going on the world, I'll let those nippy exchanges we had be bygones. Life really is short. Have a nice weekend.

RobRoy

Thanks for the information. Understood on the 5 hr sampling point and I'll compare the TT you shared above with the PK model results I shared earlier for everyone's benefit. If you are OK with it I'll share this analysis over at T Nation as well.

I appreciate the team work and look forward to more constructive dialogue like this in the future. If it helps someone understand how all this works a little better then I think it's worth it. With all the crap going on the world, I'll let those nippy exchanges we had be bygones. Life really is short. Have a nice weekend.
That is Just one lab example there are hundreds of lab examples which run the gamut from much higher than that ito lower than that. Each man responds differently with regard to absorption, consistency of application, consistency of shaving etc…so it is individualized to each patient. We are treating symptoms not numbers The cream dosage is Adjusted based on the individual symptoms and free testosterone. It is individualized to their needs. Some men will get a level of 2200 and a free of 85 with that same dosage it once again is individualized. But Rouzier and the likes are not shackled by the opinion that a man only needs so much and anything more than that is abuse. Some men simply need more than others and some less. What do you need to take away from the cream is that it works as good As injections. They both work. There is no roadmap and clinical experience goes along way. Some clinics use the cream once a day some clinics use injections and only give them once every two weeks. So there are different methods of treatment.

Both injections and cream work. The scrotal application is the best application for cream because it is the best site for absorption and it reduces chances of transference Excellent levels can be obtained by the scrotal application

T

tareload

That is Just one lab example there are hundreds of lab examples which run the gamut from much higher than that ito lower than that. Each man responds differently with regard to absorption, consistency of application, consistency of shaving etc…so it is individualized to each patient. We are treating symptoms not numbers The cream dosage is Adjusted based on the individual symptoms and free testosterone. It is individualized to their needs. Some men will get a level of 2200 and a free of 85 with that same dosage it once again is individualized. But Rouzier and the likes are not shackled by the opinion that a man only needs so much and anything more than that is abuse. Some men simply need more than others and some less. What do you need to take away from the cream is that it works as good As injections. They both work. There is no roadmap and clinical experience goes along way. Some clinics use the cream once a day some clinics use injections and only give them once every two weeks. So there are different methods of treatment.

Both injections and cream work. The scrotal application is the best application for cream because it is the best site for absorption and it reduces chances of transference Excellent levels can be obtained by the scrotal application
Understood. The free T numbers you are quoting...calculated or measured via ED/UF? Perhaps we can collaborate on a parity comparison of calculated vs measured fT if you have the ED data along with TT and SHBG. In particular I'm interested in cfTV vs truT vs ED measurement for both women and men. HRT women offer a unique data set as sometimes they are running supraphysiologic a couple hours after application.

I have experience with versabase cream method and understand the PK profile on the vulva area and have experience with injections. PK of cream to vulva looks very similar to troche.

The apparent elimination half life of T cream to scrotum seems dose dependent from my scan of literature. I'll look at this more to confirm.

1628953429627.png

Thank you.

RobRoy

Understood. The free T numbers you are quoting...calculated or measured via ED/UF? Perhaps we can collaborate on a parity comparison of calculated vs measured fT if you have the ED data along with TT and SHBG. In particular I'm interested in cfTV vs truT vs ED measurement for both women and men. HRT women offer a unique data set as sometimes they are running supraphysiologic a couple hours after application.

I have experience with versabase cream method and understand the PK profile on the vulva area and have experience with injections. PK of cream to vulva looks very similar to troche.

The apparent elimination half life of T cream to scrotum seems dose dependent from my scan of literature. I'll look at this more to confirm.

View attachment 16138

Thank you.
All measurements are done via ultrafiltration. A HRT bases use But several bases will work well. HRT works great and to be used for men and women. We don’t find a need to measure SHBG since we are following symptoms first and foremost along with free testosterone. Free testosterone is measure to ensure compliance with treatment as well as to ensure adequate absorption is occurring and we are getting desirable levels. No one is aiming for a specific number but we are also not afraid of any specific number. For instance if a man feels great with a free testosterone of 25 in there it is, if he has a free of 35 and feels great then their good as well, if he has one at 55 or even 65 And is doing well then his numbers are left alone. I’m in the process of moving at the present time so I don’t have the time to outline the history of hormones such as Thyroid And Testosterone but I would if I had the time. Remember that thyroid has been used for over 100 years and it was used based on clinical response as the TSH test wasn’t available until the 1970s. Testosterone was also used based on clinical signs and symptoms without measuring lab test such as sex hormone binding globulin, total testosterone, pre-testosterone, estradiol etc. labs were expensive not readily available for testosterone. Testosterone was used to treat symptoms. In fact that was the good all days and yet they were treating men With testosterone without any labs to follow and yet there was no increase risk of heart attacks strokes blood clots etc. I’m glad you’re trying to help men out but I really don’t have the time for forums But I do enjoy helping and I’m glad that you’re out there trying to help me out as well. My patients will make me aware when I name is mentioned or topic comes up They feel should be addressed.

So injections and cream work. Clinical experience goes along way with the Use of the cream. So I guess in Summary clinics should be focused on clinical outcomes and the health of the patient and not so overly concerned with a specific number. Once again it’s not Cost effective or reasonable to measure a mans AR sensitivity based on their CAG repeat length or their exposures to environmental toxins that affect their production and response to testosterone. I will give you one little tidbit though that I found interesting and it is readily available in the medical literature. You always see people ask here are my numbers do I need testosterone? There is no specific number that Denotes a deficiency. Interestingly enough men with the least response to testosterone at the tissue level based on their CAG repeats have the highest baseline levels of testosterone so outwardly on paper it would appear that they didn’t need testosterone but In fact due to their decrease sensitivity they do

and with the PK study you posted you see about a 25% reduction in levels from peak to 12 hours later. Who wants peaks and troughs? I aim for a nice sine wave with no significant peaks or troughs. Always stay above the Minimal effective concentration.

Last edited:

JimBob

RobRoy,
Thanks for all the info. Exactly what I was hoping for. readalot has posted a lot of info, too, for which I am grateful.

Now, I have scheduled a 30-minute consultation with Dr. Scott Howell next week. He will have all the lab info, email info from the nurse,etc. I think I've listened to every Youtube webinar that Dr. Rouzier has available. I find it all fascinating. Not sure I understand all the Rouzier haters online.

One final observation from this newbie. I've not found a single complaint online about side effects, or failure to resolve low-T symptoms from any patient of Dr. Rouzier or Nichols, and I've been scouring the forums.

Last edited:

JimBob

Dr Nichols typically starts men on 2 clicks (100mg) twice per day and adjust dosage based on symptoms and levels (free T). He has a few on 4 clicks 2x per day but anything more than that is cost prohibitive and instructs patients they would be better off doing injections. Nichols is the one that brought scrotal application to the forefront and probably has more experience with it than anyone. He prescribes injections or cream for patients. Daily application of either is ideal in his medical opinion. Dr Nichols does not have anyone on more than 4 clicks twice per day.
To be clear, I did not burn my bridges with the nurse. I simply requested more time to research HRT.

RobRoy

To be clear, I did not burn my bridges with the nurse. I simply requested more time to research HRT.
Have you through about just seeing Dr Nichols yourself? Dr Howell is a wealth of knowledge in androgens but doesn’t have the ability to treat Why not just set up a free consult with Rouzier or Nichols and problem solved

JimBob

I didn't know they offered free consults. With all the info you just gave, I could have probably done without the consult with Dr. Howell. Oh well, it's already paid for...

I did send an email to Dr. Rouzier expressing my concern about starting out on 400mg daily. His response was dismissive..."Jim, if you're concerned, then don't take testosterone". That was it. I've listened to enough of his webinars to get a feel for his personality, so I wasn't totally surprised. But, he could have done a Hell of a lot better.

Last edited:

RobRoy

I didn't know they offered free consults. With all the info you just gave, I could have probably done without the consult with Dr. Howell. Oh well, it's already paid for...

I did send an email to Dr. Rouzier expressing my concern about starting out on 400mg daily. His response was dismissive..."Jim, if you're concerned, then don't take testosterone". That was it. I've listened to enough of his webinars to get a feel for his personality, so I wasn't totally surprised. But, he could have done a Hell of a lot better.
You should be able to get a refund and use the money towards treatment. For the most part all clinics offer free consults and telemedicine including Dr Nichols

Cataceous

Super Moderator
@JimBob — It's a long thread, but worth skimming to read some of Dr. Saya's concerns about this non-physiological dosing:

T

tareload

@JimBob — It's a long thread, but worth skimming to read some of Dr. Saya's concerns about this non-physiological dosing:
If you considering going on TRT which is a potentially lifetime commitment, then this thread really is required reading and guys should spend the time. I've debated sometimes very intensely with Danny Bossa and yeti308 on the other forum and appreciate RayBob providing his thoughts. I wish to continue this constructive dialogue with the TOT folks so that prospective patients can go in informed before they decide how they will start treatment.

With all due respect @RobRoy, I catch a lot of heat for my time on the forums and if I chose to disclose who I am or what I do then you'd understand I don't have a lot of time for the forums either. But I make time for the persons who want a better understanding of the details. So thanks to all the guys who make the time!

I hope you get your money's worth @JimBob. I think you have both here and at the other forum. Best wishes.

RobRoy

Not wanting to open up that can of worms but Dr. Sayas Concerns are not based on current medical literature. There are 3TRT myths that are continually propagated. The first myth is that it causes prostate cancer. It is also a myth that it worsens prostate cancer in men with prostate cancer. The second myth is that you have to control estrogen. No available literature shows that blocking estrogen is beneficial but in fact there is plenty of medical literature to show the harm. The majority of testosterones benefits come From its conversion into estradiol. Dr. Rouzier and physicians like him that treat men and don’t block estradiol don’t have patients with so-called estrogen symptoms. With increasing androgens the androgen to estradiol ratio increases or said another way the Estradiol To Testosterone ratio decreases. That is because there’s only so much aromatase enzyme in each man and there comes a point where the increase in androgens the enzyme is fully saturated and reaches its v max. So estradiol reaches a point that it cannot rise any further because the aromatase enzyme is fully saturated but the androgen level will continue to increase with increasing dosages.

The third myth is that it causes heart attacks strokes and blood clots because of increasing hematocrit. Testosterone is not polycythemia vera which increases Hematocrit along with platelets. In polycythemia vera there is both a quantitative and qualitative problem with red blood cells which is not seen in TRT. If one purely focuses on the raising hematocrit scene with TRT then one would falsely believe there is harm. What happens in lab experience using inflexible viscometer‘s it’s not what happens in the human body. People that take a myopic view Of hematocrit completely ignore all of the other positive effects on the vasculature from testosterone. Testosterone has great influence on vascular reactivity and this positive influence counteracts any increase in viscosity. The fact that testosterone has been used and abused by millions of men worldwide and many of them not under the treatment other physician and getting no lab work and yet there has been no increase in heart attacks strokes or blood clots. There has not been one single randomized controlled trial since testosterone was discovered, and there have been thousands done, that showed an increase risk of heart attacks strokes or blood clots in men. You can continue to think that it does if you just want to focus on hematocrit but it doesn’t…once again Because of all the other positive effects testosterone has On vascular reactivity. And believe it or not those positive affects Are mediated through Estradiol. So testosterone once again has been used and abused for many decades and yet no harm has been seen. The normal range for men is not a healthy range. It’s simply the reference range for a population of men with a BMI less than 30. There was no evaluation for health or symptoms of testosterone deficiency. There’s nothing harmful about being super physiologic which now means anything greater than 916 ng/dL.

So as I said before I really don’t have time for forums anymore But what all of you should be asking it’s for those that say testosterone is harmful and that hematocrit must be managed and that estradiol must be managed is for them to provide actual randomized controlled trial’swhere testosterone caused harm. I can provide you with dozens upon dozens of studies showing the benefits of testosterone even in the worst of men with congested heart failure, Previous MIs , angina pectoris, Obesity And yet it caused no harm in any of the studies And amazingly and everyone of these studies estrogen I was not controlled Nor were men undergoing phlebotomies. People want to ignore the history of testosterone and how men were treated in the early days before lab testing. They were treated with testosterone without labs until symptoms improved and amazingly no harm was done.

Last edited:
Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching