New Vitamin/Supplement/Nootropic Suggestions

Buy Lab Tests Online
I am looking for a couple of vitamins/supplements/nootropics to try. I am 44 male, 6'2", 215lbs, and in decent shape. I recently had a full battery of tests done and the the only significant finding was low ferritin (see test results in "Blood Test Discussion" section). Here is a list of what I am currently taking daily:

I capsule of NOW ADAM Men's Multivitamin (for general health)
1 capsule of Controlled Labs Orange Oximega Fish Oil (for general health)
1 capsule of NOW Vitamin D-3 5000 IU (for general health - Test in 2015 showed low levels. Started taking this supplement. Results in recent test came back at 39.4 ng/mL - Range 30.0 - 100.0 ng/mL )
5mg of Tadalafil (for overall health and nighttime urination)
2 capsules before meals of Zenwise Health Digestive Enzymes Plus Prebiotics & Probiotics (for acid reflux - just started taking))
1 capsule of Solgar - Gentle Iron, 25 MG (for low ferritin - just started taking)
1 capsule of Now Vitamin C-1000 (for iron absorption - just started taking)
1 capsule of NOW ZMA (Zinc, Magnesium and Vitamin B-6) (for sleep quality and general health)
1 capsule of NOW Melatonin, Extra Strength 10 mg (for sleep quality)

Ideally I would like to improve some (or all) of the following:

Quality of Sleep (I posted about this in a separate post)
Minor Fatigue (could be just part of getting old)
Minor Brain Fog (could be just part of getting old)
Anxiety (could be just part of my personality but I feel more anxious than normal lately)
Acid Reflux
Weight Loss (would like to lose 20 or so pounds...mostly in mid-section)

So should I drop anything from the list of what I am currently taking? Add something new? I am open to any ideas provided they are safe. Thanks!

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Vtail

Tadalafil helps with nighttime urination? I did not know that. I'm up 2, sometimes 3 times per night. To what degree would you say it helped you?

I also had brain fog which resolved when I started on thyroid meds.

Thanks Vtail. It's hard to say how much the Tadalafil helps. I would say it has been minor so far but I only started it in the last month or so and forget to take it some days. I also may try taking a higher dose (maybe 10mg).

DragonBits

I am looking for a couple of vitamins/supplements/nootropics to try. I am 44 male, 6'2", 215lbs, and in decent shape. I recently had a full battery of tests done and the the only significant finding was low ferritin (see test results in "Blood Test Discussion" section). Here is a list of what I am currently taking daily:

Next time you get a blood test, you should add Homocysteine, Vit B12 and HS c-reactive protein test. For general health.

Homocysteine for cardiovascular disease risk, HS-CRP for general inflammation.

Rock H. Johnson

Try 1-3 grams of Taurine 30 min before sleep.

Could help with:
Quality of Sleep (I posted about this in a separate post)
Minor Fatigue (could be just part of getting old)
Minor Brain Fog (could be just part of getting old)
Anxiety (could be just part of my personality but I feel more anxious than normal lately)
Acid Reflux

WendyParr

If you want to improve your sleep quality, then take melatonin. It does not go as a supplement, but a couple of times, it is worth drinking. Still, many times it isn't necessary because I don't know whether it can cause addiction or not. For weight loss, you shouldn't only take supplements but also proper nutrition. In the morning, I advise you to drink herbs, but for sleep, I recommend you to drink chamomile, it is soothing, and I think it will be easier and calmer for you to sleep. I do not know, but there may be back pain, or sometimes it can be wrong with age. It is worth taking special dietary supplements for this. Personally, I take painkillers, although I have neuropathy and have to order pills in bulk at [removed by moderator] based on herbs. Maybe you will need the type of such supplements.

Last edited by a moderator:

ClisOiv

Your list looks really good! But routinely getting an overload of vitamins and minerals can hurt you. Too much vitamin C or zinc could cause nausea, diarrhea, and stomach cramps. Too much selenium could lead to hair loss, gastrointestinal upset, fatigue, and mild nerve damage. When taken in excess, water-soluble vitamins are removed from the body through urine. Vitamins A, D, E, and K, the fat-soluble vitamins, bind to fat in the stomach and are then stored in fatty tissues and the liver. In case you can't identify a pill, you can use https://druggenius.com/pill-identifier/. You can search using the imprint, size, name/ingredients, national drug code, color, or shape. Each search field is optional.

Last edited:

lukas_az

i'd add NAC for a multitude of benefits, lower anxiety in my case and less brain fog
for weight loss you can experiment with alpha lipoic acid/berberine/chromium if you suffer under metabolic syndrome (most do).

Graham

I have noticed that since I have been using life extension magnesium I fall to sleep easier and sleep longer. Rhodiola Rosea helps with the anxiety also

Marni Moon

magnesium, magnesium water help to sleep. tincture of mint (10-20 drops in a glass of water before bedtime), no caffeine 6-8 hours before bedtime. supplements with turmeric and ginger have a beneficial effect on the immune system and blood pressure (drink mix (drops/powder + warm water in the morning). start with more natural supplements and watch for reactions.

oh, earplugs help me 100% more! this is definitely asleep assistant :)

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me