New to ExcelMale

Buy Lab Tests Online

ssc68

Hi I am new to the site. I am a 50 year old male with low T. My urologist was very reluctant to start me on T replacement even though I have a clean bill of health. Finally after my insistence he started me about a year ago on T-Cypionate injections 400mg/ml every 30 days. My Total T was a very low 210ng/dl and Free T was 46.4 pg/ml before starting replacement therapy. I have had two blood tests after starting replacement therapy. The first test after starting therapy gave these results: Total 471ng/dl and Free 121.5 pg/ml.
The second test after starting therapy gave these results: Total 312ng/dl and Free 67.1 pg/ml

I have not experienced any side effects but also I have not experienced a lot of benefits either besides a more delayed ejaculation during sex, which I reported to the doctor.
The doctor already told me he wants to stop the T-replacement therapy in June "because it is not good to be on it for too long". I looked at him like he had two heads but didn't say anything because he was very reluctant to put me on it to begin with.
Next time I see him I want to discuss with him increasing the dose instead of discontinuing it. I keep finding research that indicates that T replacement therapy to be effective it should be in the 450ng/dl range and above. I am afraid to confront my doctor with this information. What should I do?
Thanks in advance for your responses.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

HealthMan

Find another doctor. Once a month injections of testosterone cypionate is crazy. You should be injecting at least once a week and would probably benefit from more frequent injections (2x a week). No surprise your symptoms didn’t improve.
TRT is a life long commitment. You can stop but your testosterone levels will fall back to before treatment levels and probably lower than that.
Your doctor seems to be clueless so better find a new one.

Systemlord

You won't be the last to experience medical incompetence at the hands of urologist and or an endocrinologist who don't typically specialize in TRT, studies show men on high dose testosterone are healthier than those men having midrange and lower levels of testosterone.

The TRT protocol your urologist put you on indicates incompetence, a 2005 study shows poor results injecting 200mg every 2 weeks, your urologist had you at twice the injection frequency.

Clearly your urologist has been living under a rock as far as TRT is concerned.

ssc68

Find another doctor. Once a month injections of testosterone cypionate is crazy. You should be injecting at least once a week and would probably benefit from more frequent injections (2x a week). No surprise your symptoms didn’t improve.But your doctor seems to be clueless so better find a new one.
Thanks for responding. I already started looking around for other doctors. I have a physical coming up and will also run this by my general internist to see if she recommends someone else. the more I do research, the more I notice that once every 30 days is very low. Also my numbers decreased the last time I had labs done.

ssc68

You won't be the last to experience medical incompetence at the hands of urologist and endocrinologist who don't typically specialize in TRT, studies show men on high dose testosterone are healthier than those men having midrange and lower levels of testosterone.

The TRT protocol your urologist put you on indicates incompetence, a 2005 study shows poor results injecting 200mg every 2 weeks, your urologist had you at twice the injection frequency.

Clearly your urologist has been living under a rock when TRT is concerned.
Yes exactly! He even tried to scare me with heart disease and stuff but I already had done some research on it and told him I wanted to go ahead with the treatment. He reluctantly agreed and put me on this low dose. Thanks for your response.

HealthMan

Thanks for responding. I already started looking around for other doctors. I have a physical coming up and will also run this by my general internist to see if she recommends someone else. the more I do research, the more I notice that once every 30 days is very low. Also my numbers decreased the last time I had labs done.
TRT when properly administered can be life changing. It was for me. Best of luck finding a new doctor. If you need help finding one tell us where you live and member can probably help you.

Systemlord

Doctors were taught in medical school TRT causes prostate cancer which is probably why he wanted you to be on TRT short term, but there's problems with these studies and have serious flaws and the fact that some in the study were women, last time I checked women don't get prostate cancer.

I can't see one good reason why you shouldn't remain on TRT, all these studies points to positive outcomes and greatly improved health even those men with prostate cancer.

Slowly doctors are starting to come around and acknowledge everything learned in the past few decades regarding TRT is wrong.

Testosterone and the Heart

Testosterone Threshold for Increased Cardiovascular Risk in Middle-Aged and Elderly Men:

Hormone profiles after intramuscular injection of 200mg testosterone enanthate every 2 weeks in patients with hypogonadism

Testosterone Therapy in Men With Prostate Cancer

Testosterone Replacement Therapy and Prostate Cancer Incidence

Last edited:

ssc68

TRT when properly administered can be life changing. It was for me. Best of luck finding a new doctor. If you need help finding one tell us where you live and member can probably help you.
Thank you very much, I will be posting here when I have more information.

ssc68

Doctors were taught in medical school TRT causes prostate cancer which is probably why he wanted you to be on TRT short term, but there's problems with these studies and have serious flaws and the fact that some in the study were women, last time I checked women don't get prostate cancer.

I can't see one good reason why you shouldn't remain on TRT, all these studies points to positive outcomes and greatly improved health even those men with prostate cancer.

Slowly doctors are starting to come around and acknowledge everything learned in the past few decades regarding TRT is wrong.

Testosterone and the Heart

Testosterone Threshold for Increased Cardiovascular Risk in Middle-Aged and Elderly Men:

Hormone profiles after intramuscular injection of 200mg testosterone enanthate every 2 weeks in patients with hypogonadism

Testosterone Therapy in Men With Prostate Cancer

Testosterone Replacement Therapy and Prostate Cancer Incidence

I just read the first three articles on this list. Very good information which will help me have an informed discussion with my doctor when I see him in June. If he stull wants to stop the treatment or refuses to increase my dosage, I will have to look for another doctor. Wish me luck.

Systemlord

There's no reason to wait, you should look for another doctor immediately because you have a doctor that is scared of TRT and he/she will always be hesitant and guided by fear.

ssc68

There's no reason to wait, you should look for another doctor immediately because you have a doctor that is scared of TRT and he/she will always be hesitant and guided by fear.
Hi it’s been a few weeks but I am happy to say I have found a wonderful new doctor. He is switching my medicine and my schedule as well. He was baffled that my urologist had me on monthly shots! He switched me to weekly and switched me to testosterone enanthate.

Systemlord

The cypionate has a longer half life than enanthate, I am puzzled why enanthate was chosen over cypionate, cypionate is used more often in the US.

ssc68

The cypionate has a longer half life than enanthate, I am puzzled why enanthate was chosen over cypionate, cypionate is used more often in the US.
It has to do with the frequency. I am going to do weekly injections of enanthate versus cypionate every 30 days.

Systemlord

It has to do with the frequency. I am going to do weekly injections of enanthate versus cypionate every 30 days.

This doesn't make any sense, I inject cypionate every day.

Almost everyone on Excelmale uses cypionate at different injection frequencies, I don't see what injection frequencies has to do with which type of ester you're using with regards to cypionate and enanthate.

You can inject cypionate once, twice weekly, EOD and every day if you want, it doesn't really matter.

There are lots of men who feel fluctuations on weekly dosing, so don't be surprised if you need more frequent injections.

Last edited:

fifty

Hi it’s been a few weeks but I am happy to say I have found a wonderful new doctor. He is switching my medicine and my schedule as well. He was baffled that my urologist had me on monthly shots! He switched me to weekly and switched me to testosterone enanthate.
Good to hear!

madman

Super Moderator

I would not fret over whether one uses enanthate vs cypionate as they are basically interchangeable.

Confused about Testosterone Enanthate Half Life

Regardless even if cypionate is slightly longer acting as I stated in a previous thread regarding cypionate:

We also need to keep in mind that these studies were done injecting intramuscular and although the T ester will control the release rate of T.....absorption sub-q may be some what slower than i.m.

Not everyone on trt is injecting strictly i.m. as sub-q is very common!

Also when looking at peak levels it is not just about the T-ester used.

The pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics of androgen esters is mainly determined by ester side-chain length, volume of oil vehicle, and site of injection.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me