New Privacy Rule Gives Patients Right to Access Lab Test Reports

Buy Lab Tests Online

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
On February 6, 2014, the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) and the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services Office for Civil Rights (HHS OCR) issued a final rule amending the Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments of 1988 (CLIA) and the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) Privacy Rule to provide individuals the right to access test reports directly from laboratories subject to HIPAA. The goal of the final rule is to provide individuals with a greater ability to access their health information, empowering them to take a more active role in managing their health and healthcare.

http://www.akerman.com/Blogs/Health...atients-Right-to-Access-Lab-Test-Reports.aspx

Last edited:
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Dave Barry

Nelson,

The University of Michigan Hospital has blatantly tried to keep my blood results from me on several occasions. They make me jump through hoops upon hoops to gain access to my records so anything that empowers patients (clients), I fully support.

Bobby

This is a good thing. I always get an e-mail directly from my Lab (Labcorp) regarding blood test results. I don't trust my doctor reporting results to me.

I would imagine that when values are "borderline" or just "minimally" out of normal, many physicians will just sweep it under the rug and at the next visit mention "Oh, your ........ was just a little high/low, but we will keep an eye on it" I would rather know this information first hand and as early as possible.

bruin

My insurance is through Anthem Blue Cross CA, and I have a great experience with the " Relay Health " portal. as soon as results come in I get an email and have complete access.
Duane

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching