New Member with New clinic, Help

Buy Lab Tests Online

No. 7

New guy here, 66 yo, 5'11", 205, plant based diet.

After a blood draw at 4 weeks, my previous clinic upped me from .50ml (1X weekly) of Tcyp to .55ml (1X weekly) ** 200 MG / ML **
This along with 250IU HCG & .25mg Anastozole. ( I have since voluntarily stopped the AI @ week 12 )

Total T = 636 ng/dL (264 - 916 ng/dL)
Estradiol = 20.9 pg/mL (7.6 - 42.6 pg/mL)
Hemoglobin = 15.9 g/dL ( 13.0 - 17.7 g/dL)

I followed the above protocol and did another blood draw at week 10.
(all taken AM @trough before next self injection)

Total T = 715 ng/dL (264 - 916 ng/dL)
Estradiol = 22.0 pg/mL (7.6 - 42.6)
Hematocrit = 49 % ( 37.5 - 51.0.) I donated Alys 2RBC "Double Red" yesterday)
Free T (calculated) = 17.1 ng/dL
Bioavailable T (calculated) = 410 ng/dL
SHBG = 28.7 nmol/L (19.3 - 76.4 nmol/L)

I come from the "Go Low, Go Slow" school of thought.....
Yes, I feel much better now after having suffered from all the standard symptoms for years. It took me some time to believe and count on the symptom relief I was experiencing...... maybe 8 weeks in.
Do I feel like superman ? ehhh, no. I suppose there is always room for improvement ?

The new clinic says their protocol is .50ml 2X weekly (200 mg/ml) + .25mg Anastrozole 2X weekly + 250IU HCG 2X weekly.
I agreed and they sent me supplies.

I am concerned about essentially doubling my dosage straight away.... what say you ?
@Nelson Vergel

Last edited:
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

slicktop

While there are some men who report to do ok on weekly shots, they're few and far between, so I think it's great you're moving to bi-weekly. As far as the dosage, you didn't mention the strength of the test you're on- is it 100mg per 100ml or 200mg per 100ml? Either way, if you're really concerned with the new dosage, do a little less- it's your body and you have the right to make these decisions.

Vince

Super Moderator
New guy here, 66 years young, 5'11", 205, plant based diet.
Based on my observations and a stroll around walmart, it is safe to say I am healthy and in good shape, physically, mentally and Spiritually :)

My doctor suggested we check my levels back in Nov '19 and ordered the bloodwork. Results are as follows:
Total T = 340 ng/dL (250-1100 ng/dL)
Free T = 44 pg/mL. (46-224 pg/mL)
Bioavailable = 85 ng/dL (110 - 575 ng/dL)
SHBG = 33 (22-77 nmol/L)

I know you can predict his response..... "Yes, you are low but "low normal" Let's wait another year and see how things look then, shall we ?" :(

I don't know about you, but I'm getting older every day and I don't want to lose another year of living, feeling like poo...... or Eyore for that matter !

I am down south for the winter and decided to look into local TRT clinics and hit on one I felt comfortable with....

I'm into week 14 of TRT. Overall I am happy with them, I will be on the road again for the summer and unfortunately they do not ship. Hence the search for a new source began.....

After a blood draw at 4 weeks, my previous clinic upped me from .50ml (1X weekly) of Tcyp to .55ml (1X weekly)
This along with 250IU HCG & .25mg Anastozole. ( I have since voluntarily stopped the AI @ week 12 )

Total T = 636 ng/dL
Estradiol = 20.9 pg/mL
Hemoglobin = 15.9 g/dL

I followed the above protocol and did another blood draw at week 10.
(all taken AM @trough before next self injection)

Total T = 715 ng/dL (264 - 916 ng/dL)
Estradiol = 22.0 pg/mL (7.6 - 42.6)
Hematocrit = 49 % ( 37.5 - 51.0.) I donated Alys 2RBC "Double Red" yesterday)
Free T (calculated) = 17.1 ng/dL
Bioavailable T (calculated) = 410 ng/dL
SHBG = 28.7 nmol/L (19.3 - 76.4 nmol/L)

Please consider I come from the "Go Low, Go Slow" school of thought.....
Yes, I feel much better now after having suffered from all the standard symptoms for years.
It took me some time to believe and count on the symptom relief I was experiencing...... maybe 8 weeks in.
Do I feel like superman ? ehhh, no. I suppose there is always room for improvement ?

The new clinic says their protocol is .50ml 2X weekly + .25mg Anastrozole 2X weekly + 250IU HCG 2X weekly.
I agreed and they sent me supplies.

I concerned about essentially doubling my dosage straight away.... what say you ?
If you're feeling really good on your old protocol, why change. You certainly shouldn't add in an AI, without symptoms of high estrogen. Estrogen is something your body definitely needs.

No. 7

While there are some men who report to do ok on weekly shots, they're few and far between, so I think it's great you're moving to bi-weekly. As far as the dosage, you didn't mention the strength of the test you're on- is it 100mg per 100ml or 200mg per 100ml? Either way, if you're really concerned with the new dosage, do a little less- it's your body and you have the right to make these decisions.
Thanks Slick.... Strength is 200 mg / ml. Sorry I missed this important piece to the puzzle !
Your take is where I was headed with this I guess...

slicktop

Thanks Slick.... Strength is 200 mg / ml. Sorry I missed this important piece to the puzzle !
Your take is where I was headed with this I guess...
Yeah, 200mg per week is certainly on the high side. And while I completely agree with Vince in the "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" school of thought, I think there's a fair chance you'd get an improvement over a minor dosage increase split to 2x a week. 70mg twice a week seems to do really good for a lot of guys.

No. 7

If you're feeling really good on your old protocol, why change. You certainly shouldn't add in an AI, without symptoms of high estrogen. Estrogen is something your body definitely needs.
Hi Vince.... Yes, that was one thing I had gleaned from my reading here and why I decided to drop the AI.
I suppose I could just keep doing what I am doing but I keep asking myself how much better could I feel ?! I'm in no hurry and want to do this thing right. I do hear you guys loud and clear though, More is not always better.....

fifty

Your numbers are nearly ideal.

Such a change is not warranted in my opinion.

If your testosterone is 700 in the trough after ~7 days, ask yourself what it is on day 1,2,3...

Systemlord

Anyone care to comment on how my numbers from the last blood draw look ?
Your hormone levels aren't low, as you said you've been on TRT for only 8 weeks. Progress is measured in months and even years. Tissues are repaired and strengthened and doesn't happen overnight.

No. 7

Your numbers are nearly ideal.

Such a change is not warranted in my opinion.

If your testosterone is 700 in the trough after ~7 days, ask yourself what it is on day 1,2,3...
I have asked myself that very question fifty.... but I don't know the answer
Is there a formula or best guess estimate ?

fifty

After injecting, your levels are probably over 1,000 then levels slowly come down over the 7 day period (see the link at the top of this post). The chart in the link shows a 200mg (1ml) injection.

Last edited:
Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching