New member thinking of coming off of TRT

Buy Lab Tests Online

tarheel75

Hello Gentlemen. New user here but I have used this site as an educational resource since beginning my TRT journey 5 years ago. I am here because I am contemplating coming off of TRT and would like to get some advice.

I am 45 years old. I have been on TRT for 5 years now. I have been on 4 different protocols.
1. 50mg cap e3.5d / 500iu hcg e3.5d
2. 40mg cyp e3.5d / 400iu hcg e3.5d
3. 14mg cyp daily (stopped HCG)
4. 12mg cyp daily (current protocol)

Lots of ups and downs the first three years but I have since cleaned up my lifestyle. I no longer drink or smoke. I eat a much healthier diet and am very conscious of what I put in my body. With that in mind, I would like to minimize how much medication I am taking or stop it altogether if that is possible.

This brings me to the here and now. I have been taking 12mg cypionate daily for the last 13 months. My most recent labs from 8/20 are below.

Testosterone, Total, LC/MS A 1439.9 High ng/dL 264.0-916.0 01
Free Testosterone(Direct) 19.1 pg/mL 6.8-21.5 01
DHEA-Sulfate, LCMS 121 ug/dL range missing
Estradiol sensitive 48.5 High pg/mL 7.6-42.6 01
Sex Horm Binding Glob, Serum 66.7 High nmol/L 16.5-55.9 01

I considered coming off of TRT a year ago when I lowered my dose from 14mg to 12mg ed. My logic was that I would continue to lower my dose until I either couldn't lower it anymore or until I was barely taking any cypionate at all. I would again like to revisit that logic.

I have no diagnostic reason to believe that I can come off of TRT but I am very interested in why on only 12mg daily that my TT is > 1400. This is not an anomaly, on my last 3 labs TT has been between 1290 - 1476. I'll make sure to have FSH and LH tested on my next draw.

I am just looking to start a dialogue. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Last edited:
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Systemlord

My logic was that I would continue to lower my dose until I either couldn't lower it anymore or until I was barely taking any cypionate at all. I would again like to revisit that logic.

Your logic is going to lead to unnecessary torture.

I have no diagnostic reason to believe that I can come off of TRT but I am very interested in why on only 12mg daily that my TT is > 1400.
You're just sensitive to Test, I am also one who is super sensitive to Test.

With that in mind, I would like to minimize how much medication I am taking or stop it altogether if that is possible.

Minimizing medications in your life fine and all, but there is a medical reason for TRT I think you are overlooking. Your SHBG is pretty high even on TRT and will be higher off TRT decreasing your Free T and I'm going to assume that's why you are on TRT in the first place.

I think coming off TRT is a mistake.

I'll make sure to have FSH and LH tested on my next draw.
There is no point in testing LH and FSH while on TRT, they are almost fully suppressed (.1-.2).

Last edited:

madman

Super Moderator
Hello Gentlemen. New user here but I have used this site as an educational resource since beginning my TRT journey 5 years ago. I am here because I am contemplating coming off of TRT and would like to get some advice.

I am 45 years old. I have been on TRT for 5 years now. I have been on 4 different protocols.

Lots of ups and downs the first three years but I have since cleaned up my lifestyle. I no longer drink or smoke. I eat a much healthier diet and am very conscious of what I put in my body. With that in mind, I would like to minimize how much medication I am taking or stop it altogether if that is possible.

This brings me to the here and now. I have been taking 12mg cypionate daily for the last 13 months. My most recent labs from 8/20 are below.

I considered coming off of TRT a year ago when I lowered my dose from 14mg to 12mg ed. My logic was that I would continue to lower my dose until I either couldn't lower it anymore or until I was barely taking any cypionate at all. I would again like to revisit that logic.

I have no diagnostic reason to believe that I can come off of TRT but I am very interested in why on only 12mg daily that my TT is > 1400. This is not an anomaly, on my last 3 labs TT has been between 1290 - 1476. I'll make sure to have FSH and LH tested on my next draw.

Even though your TT is really high I would bet that your FT is much higher than you think even with having high SHBG as the testing method used is not accurate.

You should be testing your FT using the most accurate methods such as Equilibrium Dialysis or Ultrafiltration if you want to know where your FT level truly sits on such protocol (dose T/injection frequency).

It would be wise to retest FT using an accurate assay before jumping to any conclusions!

Use Nelsons discountedlabs test #3/4 to support the man we love.

1 500726: Testosterone, Free, Mass Spectrometry/Equilibrium Dialysis (Endocrine Sciences) | LabCorp

2 081786: Testosterone, Free, Equilibrium Ultrafiltration With Total Testosterone | LabCorp

3 Testosterone, Total and Free (NO Upper Limit) plus Hematocrit

4 Testosterone, Total, LC/MS and Free (Equilibrium Ultrafiltration)

madman

Super Moderator

If you feel well overall on such protocol (dose T/injection frequency) and have no issues (side-effects) and blood markers are healthy than I would not be concerned where your TT levels sit on daily injections as peak--->trough will be minimal and blood levels will be stable throughout the week.

Again your FT levels may be much higher than you think!

Many with highish/high SHBG would fair better injecting less often (twice-weekly) and it may very well drive SHBG down.

Where did your TT/FT/SHBG levels sit on your previous protocols and how did you feel overall?

Where does your RBCs/hematocrit/hemoglobin sit on your current protocol?

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me