New member introduction, and asking for advice.

Buy Lab Tests Online

mobear

Hi folks,

I’m a 24 year old male who was recently placed on TRT after dealing with moderate to severe depression, lack of energy, and difficulty with weight loss and muscle gain despite working out regularly.

I’m taking 100mg Test-Cyprionate once weekly - I had to argue with my doctor against being given 200mg every other week, which he claimed was fine because cyprionate has a long half-life.

Are there any supplements I should be taking to avoid potential side effects and maximize my benefits? I’m due for a re-test in 6 weeks, and would like to see meaningful benefits in muscle development and fat loss over the next few months.

I’ve also recently adjusted my diet to reduce high-glycemic index carbohydrates and increase quantities of high-quality fats and proteins. I work out 7 days a week, lifting for an hour a day every morning on a routine designed by a friend who’s an experienced bodybuilder.

My initial labs:
Free test: 98pg/mL, range 47-244
Total test: 457ng/dL, range 300-1080
SHBG: 27nmol/L, range 11-80
Estradiol: 29.6pg/mL, range 10-42
Estrone: 26.5pg/mL, range 9-36
Total Estrogens: 56.1pg/mL, range 19-69
DHEA: 3.31ng/mL, range 1.33-7.78
DHEA-S: 436ug/dL, range 280-640

Thanks,
MoBear

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

mobear

Drink 100+oz of water per day.
Don't lift everyday of the week. Where is the rest & recovery?

I should probably drink more water, that’s a great point. I only drink about 64oz/day.

I alternate upper and lower-body workout days... so my upper-body day is my lower-body rest day, and vice-versa. Is that actually counterproductive? Should I have a dedicated cardio day for recovery?

fifty

You should have a dedicated do-nothing day. People wonder why they're hurt half the time.

Last edited:

Systemlord

I work out 7 days a week, lifting for an hour a day every morning on a routine designed by a friend who’s an experienced bodybuilder.

You're going to burn yourself out and cause more problems with this excessive workout schedule, your body requires rest in order for muscle recovery to occur.

Last edited:

MarcoFL

Hi folks,

I’m a 24 year old male who was recently placed on TRT after dealing with moderate to severe depression, lack of energy, and difficulty with weight loss and muscle gain despite working out regularly.

I’m taking 100mg Test-Cyprionate once weekly - I had to argue with my doctor against being given 200mg every other week, which he claimed was fine because cyprionate has a long half-life.

Are there any supplements I should be taking to avoid potential side effects and maximize my benefits? I’m due for a re-test in 6 weeks, and would like to see meaningful benefits in muscle development and fat loss over the next few months.

I’ve also recently adjusted my diet to reduce high-glycemic index carbohydrates and increase quantities of high-quality fats and proteins. I work out 7 days a week, lifting for an hour a day every morning on a routine designed by a friend who’s an experienced bodybuilder.

My initial labs:

Thanks,
MoBear
any idea what your fasting glucose and insulin run? Thyroid? My 29 year old son was 120 pounds overweight and started on metformin cleaned up his diet to be very low carb and no white carbs! He has seen a trainer 2X per day but most of his 90 pound drop in 8 months has really been clean diet. You need to get good food and stick with working out for a full year and keep min mind you will hit walls along the way. Hang in there and keep asking guys here.

mobear

any idea what your fasting glucose and insulin run? Thyroid? My 29 year old son was 120 pounds overweight and started on metformin cleaned up his diet to be very low carb and no white carbs! He has seen a trainer 2X per day but most of his 90 pound drop in 8 months has really been clean diet. You need to get good food and stick with working out for a full year and keep min mind you will hit walls along the way. Hang in there and keep asking guys here.

I’m not sure where those specific values are at, actually.
My glucose was at 91mg/dL a couple hours after eating lunch when I got my other blood panels done, which is at the higher end of things.

I’m at 216 lbs morning weight right now, having dropped about 10lbs in the last 3 weeks by cutting carbs down significantly and actually measuring macros and food intake.

I used to be in really great shape in high school, 185-190lbs with ~12-15% bf in my senior year. Then college and depression and low test and stress eating and not working out happened. My freshman 15 turned into a senior 40, and I was 230 at my heaviest. I’m turning that around as best as I can now.

Vince

Super Moderator
Hi folks,

My initial labs:

Thanks,
MoBear
Are you on any meds for your depression? If you are, it may be causing your low testosterone.

mobear

Are you on any meds for your depression? If you are, it may be causing your low testosterone.

I started on bupropion extended release 150mg (Wellbutrin XL) daily at the same time that I got my blood panel. I also take methylphenidate ER 30mg (Ritalin ER) 5x/week for ADHD, only when I’m at work. I’ve been taking the methylphenidate for several years now.

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me