New Member from Socal- Looking for advice

Buy Lab Tests Online

Seanc34

Hi All,

Thank you for viewing my post and I'm happy you have found this community. I recieved my second lab results yesterday and wanted some feedback on how to proceed next. I took a test a few months ago, but ignorantly only tested total testosterone, which came back at 395 ng/dl (264-916 range). Note that both tests were taken at 9AM

My levels from my second test were as following

Total: 418 ng/dl , range of 250-1100
Free: 68.1 pg/ml, range of 35-155

I'm a 28M and have reading the list of low t symptoms sounds like my life. I go to the gym 5x a week and mix in both weights and cardio. Eat pretty clean but just can't get in great shape(zero fast food, no soda, but im trying to cut down carbs). More importantly, I have low libido and strange motivational/focus issues that weren't present when I was younger. I've had physicians prescribe me Adderall, xanax and Anti-depressants(not at the same time) to try and solve my issues. None of these seems to address my root issue so ive discontinued and am searching for answers. I struggle with sleep and even when I get 8 hours I'm exhausted after a few hours of work. Sleep study has ruled out sleep apnea. Luckily. I've been able to overcome this for the most part and have a great career and am also currently in grad school on the weekends. I feel like I'm getting worse and its effecting not only my quality of life but that of my significant other, whom I want to propose to next summer. Thus, I'm here.

My results are within normal range but from what I can find do seem to be lower for a 28 year old. Important to note that I do take finadteride for hairloss however have only been on for 3 months and I've had all the symptoms since high school.

I have an appointment with a urologist in a few weeks but I'm not feeling confident due to my results being in normal range. Any advice on how to discuss with the provider is appreciated.

One important note: We plan to have kids in the next three-four years. Any advice in this area is appreciated (ive begun looking at freezing some sperm)

I hope that I can avoid TRT, as I know its a huge decision with permanent consequences, but im willing to do it if it means living an enjoyful life.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Systemlord

Important to note that I do take finadteride for hairloss however have only been on for 3 months and I've had all the symptoms since high school.

Finasteride is an endocrine disruptor, some very scary symptoms occur as a result of this drug and for some there is no cure. Finasteride causes severe alteration in the section of the brain responsible for processing long term memory and emotional responses.

You mention hair loss, do you have any thyroid lab testing done recently?

One important note: We plan to have kids in the next three-four years. Any advice in this area is appreciated (ive begun looking at freezing some sperm)

There is a very, very small chance a sick care doc is going to prescribe TRT with your numbers, especially considering you want children in the next couple of years. You would need to seek a private responsible doc and pay out of pocket and could incorporate HCG and FSH injections for fertility while on TRT and if this didn't retain fertility, stop TRT and start a clomid protocol temporarily, then hop back on TRT until it's time for another child.

Last edited:

Seanc34

Finasteride is an endocrine disruptor, some very scary symptoms occur as a result of this drug. Finasteride causes severe alteration in the section of the brain responsible for processing long term memory and emotional responses.

There is a very small chance a sick care doc is going to prescribe TRT with your numbers, especially considering you want children in the next couple of years. You would need to seek a private responsible doc and pay out of pocket and could incorporate HCG and FSH injections for fertility while on TRT and if this didn't restore fertility stop TRT and start a clomid protocol.

Thanks so much for the response! I've researched finasteride at length and feel comfortable with the safety and efficacy profile from Mercks clinical studies(i am taking brsnd name proscar). Of course if I experience adverse events I will discontinue and according to studies they should gk away. I know there are permanent side effects in a small subset of patients and accept these risks.

I agree that a traditional provider may not treat me. Im trying to learn more about TRT. Once started is there no going back?

Systemlord

Thanks so much for the response! I've researched finasteride at length and feel comfortable with the safety and efficacy profile from Mercks clinical studies(i am taking brsnd name proscar).

Does that include the dirty secrets Merck asked a judge to hide? You can't openly trust clinic trials paid for by these drug companies and expect 100 % transparency. If a clinical trial painted Finasteride in a bad light, it would never get published and you would never hear about it.

Don't underestimate the power of the drug companies.

U.S. court let Merck hide secrets about popular drug's risks

Of course if I experience adverse events I will discontinue and according to studies they should gk away.

Again you are relying of false information and lies from a company who was less than honest in an attempt to protect the bottom line. Simply stopping finasteride doesn't always mean the symptoms will go away, men have endured terrible symptoms for decades.

Once started is there no going back?
Yes there is going back, I stopped TRT after 2.5 years and 4.5 weeks later my natural production kicked back on once the cypionate washed out of my system. Something to consider, TRT can accelerate hair loss if you are prone to it.

Last edited:

Seanc34

Does that include the dirty secrets Merck asked a judge to hide? You can't openly trust clinic trials paid for by these drug companies and expect 100 % transparency.

U.S. court let Merck hide secrets about popular drug's risks

Yes there is going back, I stopped TRT after 2.5 years and 4.5 weeks later my natural production kicked back on once the cypionate washed out of my system.

Without getting into a diatribe, yes, im confident in continuing Finasteride at this point(subject to change).

Thanks for the info on stopping TRT. I'll have to review this.

Quick question- In your experiece, if i recieve treatment from a online clinic such as Defy, would my urologist be willing to help manage it(check ups, etc). I like the idea of having an independent physician available that isnt part of the trt clinic, for objective advice.

Systemlord

Without getting into a diatribe, yes, im confident in continuing Finasteride at this point(subject to change).

Thanks for the info on stopping TRT. I'll have to review this.

Quick question- In your experiece, if i recieve treatment from a online clinic such as Defy, would my urologist be willing to help manage it(check ups, etc). I like the idea of having an independent physician available that isnt part of the trt clinic, for objective advice.

That's going to depend on the doctor, if he/she cares about the patient, I don't see a problem. The tricky part is finding an endo or uro that is up to date on TRT, it can be hit and miss a lot of the time.

I chose to consult with Defy and ignore my endo's because there are so far behind in their treatment protocols and general knowledge pertaining to TRT that I rarely go to them for advice.

Hi All,

Thank you for viewing my post and I'm happy you have found this community. I recieved my second lab results yesterday and wanted some feedback on how to proceed next. I took a test a few months ago, but ignorantly only tested total testosterone, which came back at 395 ng/dl (264-916 range). Note that both tests were taken at 9AM

My levels from my second test were as following

Total: 418 ng/dl , range of 250-1100
Free: 68.1 pg/ml, range of 35-155

I'm a 28M and have reading the list of low t symptoms sounds like my life. I go to the gym 5x a week and mix in both weights and cardio. Eat pretty clean but just can't get in great shape(zero fast food, no soda, but im trying to cut down carbs). More importantly, I have low libido and strange motivational/focus issues that weren't present when I was younger. I've had physicians prescribe me Adderall, xanax and Anti-depressants(not at the same time) to try and solve my issues. None of these seems to address my root issue so ive discontinued and am searching for answers. I struggle with sleep and even when I get 8 hours I'm exhausted after a few hours of work. Sleep study has ruled out sleep apnea. Luckily. I've been able to overcome this for the most part and have a great career and am also currently in grad school on the weekends. I feel like I'm getting worse and its effecting not only my quality of life but that of my significant other, whom I want to propose to next summer. Thus, I'm here.

My results are within normal range but from what I can find do seem to be lower for a 28 year old. Important to note that I do take finadteride for hairloss however have only been on for 3 months and I've had all the symptoms since high school.

I have an appointment with a urologist in a few weeks but I'm not feeling confident due to my results being in normal range. Any advice on how to discuss with the provider is appreciated.

I hope that I can avoid TRT, as I know its a huge decision with permanent consequences, but im willing to do it if it means living an enjoyful life.

Going to the gym 5x a week - you may be over training. Consider backing off some and retesting.

My two cents.

Kind regards,

David

TestOneTwo

Yes, decrease your workload in the gym. Also, with a baseline around 400
I’d give a booster a go first. If you can up it by say 40% which is doable you might be ending up close to 600 without even having to get on TRT. From the little information we have I’d say you’re prob not yet a case for TRT. A friend of mine as well as myself were able to add muscle on well less than 300 just fine. Other areas in life sucked though. I’d wait until you’re over 40 or something.

Seanc34

Yes, decrease your workload in the gym. Also, with a baseline around 400
I’d give a booster a go first. If you can up it by say 40% which is doable you might be ending up close to 600 without even having to get on TRT. From the little information we have I’d say you’re prob not yet a case for TRT. A friend of mine as well as myself were able to add muscle on less than 300 just fine.

Thanks for the advice! Muscle is the least of my concerns tbh. Libido/ED, fatigue and other symptoms are higher on my priority list. I will certainly try and exhaust all natural options first as I know this is a serious and life long commitment. Appreciate your comment

Seanc34

Thanks! Have my first urologist appointment next week so ill be sure he includes that in the lab work. Hoping to find some answers!

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me