New guy here - Recently got bloodwork results back

Buy Lab Tests Online

garruk82

Hey Guys,

I'm new to this forum and glad to be part of this online community. First off I want to thank Nelson for everything he has done and is doing for us. I recently purchased Testosterone, a man's guide, I read it front to back a few weeks ago and immediately went to get bloodwork the following day at my local labcorp. My test results came back at 550 ng/dL Total Test and 12.6 free test and from what I read that is slightly below average albeit not super low for my age (32).

I have done everything to max out my natural test levels, I have been lifting weights+studying nutrition for over 15 years and been an athlete basically all my life. I follow a very clean diet consisting of 20-25% healthy fats, 5000IUs of vitamin D daily, several lbs of raw veggies a week and atleast a gram per lb of bodyweight in protein and sleep as much as I need to on a nightly basis since I'm my own boss and make my own schedule.

Despite all of this I have noticed a decline since being in my 20s and although I don't feel like complete garbage on a daily basis I don't feel as good as I once did and have noticed all the symptoms of low T. It's not every day that I notice these symptoms, it's more like sometimes I feel okay and sometimes I don't. After doing all this research and getting bloodwork done I decided I want to do Testosterone replacement therapy to help me feel my best but I had one question. Even if I want to get on TRT what are the chances that a physician will look at my bloodwork and say "Well....you're not that low so I'm not going to prescribe TRT for you even though you want it, have a nice day" ?
I recently started consulting with defymedical since they seem to have the best reviews on here but this question has been weighing on my mind so I figured I'd ask. Thanks in advance

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
Thanks so much for your support and for joining us.

I want to try something different with you to see if it works better than going back and forth many times with questions and answers.

If you can, fill out these form without including any of the personal contact info ( a first name will suffice, no address and no email address needed). Post it on here as a reply and let me take a look at it. This form is the most complete review of anyone's health (at least that is the input I have got from several of my doctor friends).

You can actually type the answers inside the form, save the form and then attach it to your reply as a PDF.

http://testosteronewisdom.com/pdfs/HealthFormNvergel_V1.pdf

garruk82

Thank you for the quick reply Nelson, I appreciate you taking time out of your day to help me out. I filled out the pdf and attached it to the reply. If you have any other questions just let me now, I'll be more than happy to answer them.

Thanks again,
Adrian

Jay

Garruk82,

According to your attached survey, I see you had some major stress recently? Stress can bring your T down...I am guessing with T in 550 range and age 32 you will not be put on T, nor would you really want to. Once on, it kinda is for life.

Some younger guys do well on clomid or HCG. If it were me, I would pursue that avenue first before going to the biggest tool in the tool box.

garruk82

Jay,

It's not soo much that I've had major stress recently but more that I live a stressful life period. The way I see it, it would be easier to handle the life I live with a +900 T level than a 500 one. I already knew a few years back that I would eventually get on TRT at some point in my life although I pictured myself getting on it in my late 30s early 40s, either way I see it as an inevitability in my future. I have friends who are also in business for themselves that have been on TRT for a while and all of them have told me that it was a game changer for them, that it gave them an edge in business and have highly recommended it to me for a while. I wasn't too eager to get on it but have been giving it some thought this past year and even more so these past few months as there are many times where I feel my drive is down, my fatigue is up and I just don't have the motivation I once had 2-3 years ago which leads me to ask myself ..Why continue to feel this way if there's something I can do about it?

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
Garruck

Unfortunately, you do not show your labwork and that limits how we can help you. As an ex-steroid user who has cycled several times, you may still have a HPTA dysfunction.

Here is a panel that will give a picture of your blood test values:

http://www.discountedlabs.com/pre-trt-male-hormone-wellness-panel/

5 % off code: excelmalemember

If you have insurance, ask your doctor for those tests. But be careful since we are seeing more and more people eventually receive a bill from the lab even after insurance pays a portion.

Do you have a physician right now?

garruk82

Garruck

Unfortunately, you do not show your labwork and that limits how we can help you. As an ex-steroid user who has cycled several times, you may still have a HPTA dysfunction.

Here is a panel that will give a picture of your blood test values:

http://www.discountedlabs.com/pre-trt-male-hormone-wellness-panel/

5 % off code: excelmalemember

If you have insurance, ask your doctor for those tests. But be careful since we are seeing more and more people eventually receive a bill from the lab even after insurance pays a portion.

Do you have a physician right now?

Nelson,

The only bloodwork I currently have is for my total and free Testosterone. I took another bloodtest last thursday and am awaiting the results for;

Comprehensive Metabolic Panel
CBC
Lipid Panel
Estradiol Sensitive
DHEA-S
TSH
PSA
LH

It's been 6 days since I took it so I'm expecting the results any day now, I will post the results as soon as they become available. I currently don't have insurance and do not have a physician at the moment.

garruk82

Nelson,

I got my labwork results back today but I didn't want to upload the pdf to the forum because it has my first and last name plus other personal info.

I tested for the following:

Comprehensive Metabolic Panel
CBC
Lipid Panel
Testosterone Free and Total
Estradiol Sensitive
DHEA-S
TSH-
PSA-
LH-

Let me know what information would you need and I will gladly provide it.

Thank you for your help!

garruk82

Went ahead and just copied and pasted everything

Testosterone,Free and Total
Testosterone, Serum 550 ng/dL 348 - 1197 01
Comment:
Adult male reference interval is based on a population of lean males
up to 40 years old.
Free Testosterone(Direct) 12.6 pg/mL 8.7 - 25.1 02

CBC With Differential/Platelet
WBC 4.9 x10E3/uL 3.4 - 10.8 01
RBC 4.50 x10E6/uL 4.14 - 5.80 01
Hemoglobin 14.2 g/dL 12.6 - 17.7 01
Hematocrit 42.0 % 37.5 - 51.0 01
MCV 93 fL 79 - 97 01
MCH 31.6 pg 26.6 - 33.0 01
MCHC 33.8 g/dL 31.5 - 35.7 01
RDW 13.3 % 12.3 - 15.4 01
Platelets 201 x10E3/uL 150 - 379 01
Neutrophils 48 % 01
Lymphs 42 % 01
Monocytes 7 % 01
Eos 2 % 01
Basos 1 % 01
Neutrophils (Absolute) 2.4 x10E3/uL 1.4 - 7.0 01
Lymphs (Absolute) 2.1 x10E3/uL 0.7 - 3.1 01
Monocytes(Absolute) 0.3 x10E3/uL 0.1 - 0.9 01
Eos (Absolute) 0.1 x10E3/uL 0.0 - 0.4 01
Baso (Absolute) 0.0 x10E3/uL 0.0 - 0.2 01
Immature Granulocytes 0 % 01
Immature Grans (Abs) 0.0 x10E3/uL 0.0 - 0.1 01
Comp. Metabolic Panel (14)
Glucose, Serum 91 mg/dL 65 - 99 01
BUN 17 mg/dL 6 - 20 01
Creatinine, Serum 1.18 mg/dL 0.76 - 1.27 01
eGFR If NonAfricn Am 81 mL/min/1.73 >59
eGFR If Africn Am 94 mL/min/1.73 >59
BUN/Creatinine Ratio 14 8 - 19
Sodium, Serum 139 mmol/L 134 - 144 01
Potassium, Serum 4.3 mmol/L 3.5 - 5.2 01

Chloride, Serum 99 mmol/L 97 - 108 01
Carbon Dioxide, Total 24 mmol/L 18 - 29 01
Calcium, Serum 9.0 mg/dL 8.7 - 10.2 01
Protein, Total, Serum 6.8 g/dL 6.0 - 8.5 01
Albumin, Serum 4.6 g/dL 3.5 - 5.5 01
Globulin, Total 2.2 g/dL 1.5 - 4.5
A/G Ratio 2.1 1.1 - 2.5
Bilirubin, Total 0.5 mg/dL 0.0 - 1.2 01
Alkaline Phosphatase, S 52 IU/L 39 - 117 01
AST (SGOT) 24 IU/L 0 - 40 01
ALT (SGPT) 22 IU/L 0 - 44 01
Lipid Panel w/ Chol/HDL Ratio
Cholesterol, Total 156 mg/dL 100 - 199 01
Triglycerides 55 mg/dL 0 - 149 01
HDL Cholesterol 50 mg/dL >39 01
Comment 01
According to ATP-III Guidelines, HDL-C >59 mg/dL is considered a
negative risk factor for CHD.
VLDL Cholesterol Cal 11 mg/dL 5 - 40
LDL Cholesterol Calc 95 mg/dL 0 - 99
T. Chol/HDL Ratio 3.1 ratio units 0.0 - 5.0
Please Note: 01
T. Chol/HDL Ratio
Men Women
1/2 Avg.Risk 3.4 3.3
Avg.Risk 5.0 4.4
2X Avg.Risk 9.6 7.1
3X Avg.Risk 23.4 11.0
DHEA-Sulfate 243.1 ug/dL 138.5 - 475.2 01
TSH 1.250 uIU/mL 0.450 - 4.500 01
Luteinizing Hormone(LH), S
LH 3.3 mIU/mL 1.7 - 8.6 01
Prostate-Specific Ag, Serum
Prostate Specific Ag, Serum 0.7 ng/mL 0.0 - 4.0 01
Roche ECLIA methodology.
According to the American Urological Association, Serum PSA should
decrease and remain at undetectable levels after radical
prostatectomy. The AUA defines biochemical recurrence as an initial
PSA value 0.2 ng/mL or greater followed by a subsequent confirmatory
PSA value 0.2 ng/mL or greater.
Values obtained with different assay methods or kits cannot be used
interchangeably. Results cannot be interpreted as absolute evidence
of the presence or absence of malignant disease.
Estradiol, Sensitive 29.4 pg/mL 8.0 - 35.0 02

Total Chol:HDL
Ratio
T. Chol/HDL Ratio Men Women 1/2 Avg.Risk 3.4 3.3 Avg.Risk 5.0 4.4 2X Avg.Risk 9.6 7.1 3X Avg.Risk 23.4

Comp. Metabolic Panel (14)
ANALYTE REF. INTERVAL LOW HIGH RESULT
Glucose mg/dL 65-99 91
Creatinine mg/dL 0.76-1.27 1.18
Sodium mmol/L 134-144 139
Potassium mmol/L 3.5-5.2 4.3
Chloride mmol/L 97-108 99
Carbon Dioxide mmol/L 18-29 24
Calcium mg/dL 8.7-10.2 9.0
Protein, Total, Serum g/dL 6.0-8.5 6.8
Albumin g/dL 3.5-5.5 4.6
Globulin, Total g/dL 1.5-4.5 2.2
A/G Ratio 1.1-2.5 2.1
Bilirubin, Total mg/dL 0.0-1.2 0.5
Alkaline Phosphatase, S IU/L 39-117 52
AST IU/L 0-40 24
ALT IU/L 0-44 22
BUN: Creatinine Ratio 8-19 14
Anion Gap mmol/L 8 - 14 16 H
estimated GFR
mL/min/1.73mE2
> 59 81
Albumin testing performed on the Roche Modular using the ALB PLUS assay.
Lipid Panel with Chol/HDL Ratio
Total Cholesterol mg/dL 100-199 156
Triglyceride mg/dL 0-149 55
HDL-C mg/dL >39 50
VLDL mg/dL 5-40 11
LDL(calc) mg/dL 0-99 95
non-HDL cholesterol mg/dL 0 - 129 106
Total Chol:HDL Ratio ratio units 0.0-5.0 * 3.1
TSH
TSH uIU/mL 0.450-4.500 1.250

Jay

Huh, so your Total T is still exactly 550?

If it were me I would not go the TRT route just yet. Actually, not sure a Dr would at that level. You could try clomid or HCG to boost your natural T production....Also vit. D can help as well.

garruk82

I have been supplementing with 5000IUs of Vitamin D drops daily for the past several years, also zinc and consuming a high protein/moderate fat/ moderate carb diet from mostly non processed foods. My test levels were in the 700s in my 20s. I've been a weight lifter for about half of my life, I started buying my own groceries and basically stopped consuming fast food at 16-17. I'm only stating this to give a small background on my physical health and not to come off as arrogant. Now, I know 550 isn't low but I have noticed a small although noticeable decline since i was around 27-29 where I peaked physically and my logic is "Well, I have already began to decline. Why wait until I decline much further and then start?". At the end of the day, if the Doc/Endo says no then that's that and I will obviously wait for time to take it's toll. We'll see what happens.

Re-Ride

I'm not an expert. If Nelson and Jay suggest an HPT axis re-set I am sure they are correct.

["I have been supplementing with 5000IUs of Vitamin D drops daily for the past several years"]

It's your serum level that counts. That's true for many vitamins and minerals, notably B12, Zinc. Do not assume intake translates to sufficiency. I've been taking Rx supplement for two years and can't get above 25.
I've tried both ergocalciferol 50k i.u./week (D2) and cholcalciferol 10k i.u. /day (D3)

Total 25-OHD assay measures the sum of 25-hydroxy (D2 and D3) vitamin D
metabolites. Therapy indications are based on Total 25-OHD, as follows:
Deficiency: Less than 20 ng/mL
Insufficiency: 20-29 ng/mL
Sufficiency Level: 30-100 ng/mL

If I were in your situation I'd review ( if you haven't already) the list of xeno-estrogens which includes everything you are exposed to such as detergents, paper products, personal care products, even the water you drink. I would strongly consider getting baseline SHBG, Prolactin, DHT, Estradiol and Thyroid (TSH, FT3, FT4, rT3 and antibodies). Sub-par thyroid can cause many symptoms mimicking Low T. 550 isn't low enough to cause issues in all men. Don't get it in your head that you need 800, 900 or 1000.

If environmental modifications, a switch to organic foods, and removal of otherwise healthy phytoestrogen bearing foods has no effect and everything else checks out such as thyroid, then you might consider 100-200 i.u. name brand hCG EOD or E3D or twice per week as a starting point for a month.

There are two major camps: (1) next step is increase the days not the dose (Shippin) and (2) increase the dose up to 500 i.u. Read what Dr.Chrisler has to say on this.

If you get to the point of considering hCG dose then forget the infamous rat studies which were poorly done and which are the basis of myth relating to leydig cell damage. "Down regulation" or desensitization is another. If it occurs it is only temporary. HOWEVER excess dosing is wasteful and invites E2 to the party.

Aside from increasing T by stimulating leydigs, hCG will stimulate LH receptors outside the testes and possibly other receptors.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me