Never been on trt, I have been ITCHY for a few years...ideas?

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sir Hardhat

I have been itchy for a couple of years now, particularly around my face forehead neck and scalp. About two months ago it got more intense. And hives covered my torso and then sporadically on my legs and arms. That had never happened before they have pretty much dissipated but are still itchy at times. The itchiness on my scalp seems to be pretty constant.

I have been trying to single out and diagnose the problem by changing things up maybe two or three weeks at a time by adjusting diet eliminating supplements and vitamins going off of coffee for a month just changing anything as far as eliminating Foods places I eat etc etc. I do this for a long enough. Consistently where I think I can make certain decisions. But it has still persisted.

I work in construction so I have a lot have a lot of physical labor that I do I am in very good shape I am 58 6ft ,195 lb and pretty muscular. I also do brief workouts about 4 times a week nothing crazy just some light weights but I have lifted heavy in the past. I don't I don't do anything I would consider cardio but a lot of times at work the heart rate can be up for hours at a time depending on what the task is.

About six months before the itchiness started I also went back to school to complete a bachelor's degree which I am still working on. Needless to say that has really increase my schedule I have cut back a little bit on the work hours but not drastically. So my sleep has taken a hit although when I do sleep I sleep like a baby. I have always lived a life that has been kind of non-stop action, so this schedule is really nothing radically new for me.

My recent blood test a full panel I had with my doctor and test done by defy Medical do not reveal anything totally radical to be concerned with as far as I can tell. But I will be discussing this with Defy in the next week or so. I will post up my blood work for everyone to see tonight. I was glad to see there was nothing so off-the-charts that would I mean that I had some type of serious underlying problem. So it is back trying to pin it down. I am wondering if my eating habits could be loading me up with MSG or some additives that I did not take into account. When covid hit I pretty much ate the same thing five or six days a week that is rotisserie chicken, salads, cheese and not a whole lot else. I also intermittent fast meaning for me I eat one large meal around 8 every night, and nothing else but a couple of coffees during the day. I think I mentioned that I limited coffee for a month and it still did not make much of a difference.

Any ideas are appreciated thanks.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Sir Hardhat

You might want to consider a full food allergy testing.
Yes, definitely having one soon.But for a year during covid, my diet was incredibly strict and repetitive with things that had never given me problems in the past, yet I continued to have they same problems. The chicken and cheeses could have been loaded with preservatives or enhancers that I have developed sensitivity to? The condition would be an up and down thing despite my consistency in that department.

sammmy

Dermatologist has to check your scalp, to eliminate the most common suspects.

Since you work in construction, scalp and face must be protected from solar light at all times with a hat and sunscreen.

During 2021 I had a severe scalp itching and it was drastically reduced when I stopped eating concentrated protein (no chicken, no eggs, no protein powder). Packaged ready to eat chicken often contains MSG often disguised as "yeast extract".

Sir Hardhat

Food allergies can manifest at any age. At 33, I developed allergies to shrimp, lobster, and crabs but not clams, oysters, or scallops. Go figure. After 55, my guts don't like peanuts. Life is a carnival.
Yeah, this kinda sucks. I developed an allergy to shrimp, which I love, in my twenties it's not a severe thing but it's just not worth the itchy stuffy feeling I get in my mouth and nose when it occasionally happens. But it's not enough to turn something away if someone has gone out of their way to make something for me.

And I also love nuts of all kinds. Peanuts too. In fact I used to get this can of mixed nuts off of Amazon that was like 7 lb for like $16, a really good bargain. But right around when this itching things started it seem like I was having bad reactions to the mixed nuts so I cut that out as well. I'm just now experimenting with adding it back into my diet in small quantities because I liked it so much and it is actually pretty healthy in theory anyway. But like everything else it's probably stuff that is added to it and the stuff they cook it in like other oils that may be doing me in.

I used to laugh at all of this allergy stuff. I didn't believe any of it. The gluten thing too. But one day I just decided to stop eating all the whole wheat and wheat stuff that was a giant part of my diet. Within 24 hours all the gas that I had had pretty much my whole adult life disappeared. So I pretty much restrict all of that stuff now and I'm much better for it. It also made me a believer in some of the allergy stuff that people have been talkin about all these years.

Sir Hardhat

Dermatologist has to check your scalp, to eliminate the most common suspects.

Since you work in construction, scalp and face must be protected from solar light at all times with a hat and sunscreen.

During 2021 I had a severe scalp itching and it was drastically reduced when I stopped eating concentrated protein (no chicken, no eggs, no protein powder). Packaged ready to eat chicken often contains MSG often disguised as "yeast extract".
I tried a prescription medicated shampoo for a while that really had no effect at all. And yes I do wear a hat at work so the sun is really not a factor in damaging my scalp. And I have done this pretty much since my teens. I have a pretty good head of hair especially considering my age.

A good portion of my diet is high protein meat chicken and things like that. It's pretty much a non-starter for me to have to drop that stuff out. I don't think that chicken in its unadulterated form could really do much damage unless you want to consider things like antibiotics and whatever things they give to them at the farm. And I'm sure I could take it a step further and go towards organic raised range chicken, if you could find a place that you could trust that claim in. As you mention it's probably all the other junk that is unnecessarily put in there, like Flavor enhancers flavorings preservatives etc etc those are the things I would like to be tested for or try to avoid completely. The chicken I ate was rotisserie chicken from a supermarket and it had about 50 ingredients on the label beside chicken. What is going on here? I think I'm smart enough if I want some kind of seasoning or flavoring to add it myself. I think I would keep it down to either salt pepper or vinegar and be happy with that as far as I'm concerned.

gag

Hi.. Just my 2c . I have what is know as Mast cell activation disorder, where my abnormal mast cells are hypersensitive and secrete histamine and prostaglandin D2, etc. I have symptoms like you. You could talk to your doc about H1, H2 blockers, and some meds you can even react too. Testosterone is actually anti-inflammatory and will help to keep ur levels higher in range. It's good ur cutting carbs down some, since they're very inflammatory. I'm down to 15% carbs I'd say , and added olive an coconut oils to replace them, and rotate protein. I dont eat much dairy but like eggs and goat cheese organic fresh provolone is better for me. Good luck buddy

Sir Hardhat

Last night I stopped eating all the dairy products from my diet. This is a big deal for me because I eat a lot of cheese, whole milk yogurt with no flavoring, and put half and half in about three cups of coffee daily. I am going to replace it with eggs, I don't eat them on a daily basis regularly but starting now I'm going to eat about 10 hard boiled eggs a day to make app for the calories. If anything I would like to put on about 10 lb of muscle and get to about 200, pretty much my ideal weight.

I am thinking I want to do this for about two weeks before assessing it? Does anyone have ideas on what the proper length of time would be to eliminate these Foods?

MIP1950

Yeah, this kinda sucks. I developed an allergy to shrimp, which I love, in my twenties it's not a severe thing but it's just not worth the itchy stuffy feeling I get in my mouth and nose when it occasionally happens. But it's not enough to turn something away if someone has gone out of their way to make something for me.

And I also love nuts of all kinds. Peanuts too. In fact I used to get this can of mixed nuts off of Amazon that was like 7 lb for like $16, a really good bargain. But right around when this itching things started it seem like I was having bad reactions to the mixed nuts so I cut that out as well. I'm just now experimenting with adding it back into my diet in small quantities because I liked it so much and it is actually pretty healthy in theory anyway. But like everything else it's probably stuff that is added to it and the stuff they cook it in like other oils that may be doing me in.

I used to laugh at all of this allergy stuff. I didn't believe any of it. The gluten thing too. But one day I just decided to stop eating all the whole wheat and wheat stuff that was a giant part of my diet. Within 24 hours all the gas that I had had pretty much my whole adult life disappeared. So I pretty much restrict all of that stuff now and I'm much better for it. It also made me a believer in some of the allergy stuff that people have been talking about all these years.
About 30 years ago, living in South Jersey, I began to manifest itchy welts on my upper torso and scalp. The manager of the condo recommended a dermatologist she had gone to. He looked me over and said, 'Mold.' The mold count was quite high that year. I was breathing it in and swallowing it when I was outside. He put me on the anti-fungal, Nystatin,oral, and to make a nasal rinse, as well as an antihistamine. That fixed me. Whenever the mold count goes up I experience gastro problems, headaches, nasal congestion, brain fog, flare up in my Tourette's Syndrome and sleep problems.

Sir Hardhat

About 30 years ago, living in South Jersey, I began to manifest itchy welts on my upper torso and scalp. The manager of the condo recommended a dermatologist she had gone to. He looked me over and said, 'Mold.' The mold count was quite high that year. I was breathing it in and swallowing it when I was outside. He put me on the anti-fungal, Nystatin,oral, and to make a nasal rinse, as well as an antihistamine. That fixed me. Whenever the mold count goes up I experience gastro problems, headaches, nasal congestion, brain fog, flare up in my Tourette's Syndrome and sleep problems.
Wow, that's interesting. I live in a part of NY that has pretty much the same climate as South Jersey. I have been an outside construction worker my whole life, so climate conditions or mold would not be my first idea. But the way these allergies just seem to come out of nowhere as we age I will have to consider that one too.

I'm going to sharpen up on the diet and supplements, also going for another blood test after doing this for about 2 months, to see what direction everything is going in. I want to get my glucose and A1C down a bit, and my hemoglobin up. Hopefully in this period of time and can put the itching thing to rest.

MIP1950

Wow, that's interesting. I live in a part of NY that has pretty much the same climate as South Jersey. I have been an outside construction worker my whole life, so climate conditions or mold would not be my first idea. But the way these allergies just seem to come out of nowhere as we age I will have to consider that one too.

I'm going to sharpen up on the diet and supplements, also going for another blood test after doing this for about 2 months, to see what direction everything is going in. I want to get my glucose and A1C down a bit, and my hemoglobin up. Hopefully in this period of time and can put the itching thing to rest.
I've been experiencing more food sensitivities over the past decade, but even when I followed a no gluten, no dairy, no sugar, no egg diet for over two decades(form early 20's to mid 40's) I still had pollen/mold allergies, migraines and several severe colds every year. Took dairy free probiotics on and off over those years. Didn't seem to make any difference. Even reintroduced yogurt. Didn't make me worse but I don't think there was anything positive, either. My father and I just liked yogurt, LOL. This abstract might not be relevant to your situation, but I've lived with unremitting psychological/emotional stress for the past 20 years resulting from relapsing back into bipolar illness.

Am J Pathol. 2006 Jan; 168(1): 3–5.
doi: 10.2353/ajpath.2006.050958
PMCID: PMC1592668
PMID: 16400003

How Stress Induces Intestinal Hypersensitivity​

Andre G. Buret

I do enjoy reading that someone removed gluten or dairy or both and all their health problems resolved. I was literally born damaged. Migraines started when I was three years old. The pursuit of good health has been a life long journey and at 72, no closer to any answer or solution. But when I was young, slept well, worked hard and had excellent sexual function. Still trying to find my way back to all that. Keep working at it.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me