Needle Size

Buy Lab Tests Online

Eddard

I've followed the advice I've read on other threads and just ordered a 27g 1/2 inch insulin syringe.

Since I started in August, I've been drawing with a larger needle and switching to either a 25 or a 27.

Will I really be able to draw with the 27g 1/2? Also, there won't be any dulling of the needle after drawing with the same needle I will inject with? Sorry for the noob question. Although it's been more than three months, still new at this. I'm now injecting three times a week so I'm really trying to rotate injection sites (yesterday injected into y right thigh for the first time!)

For some background, I'm now with Defy for the past month and I use a 1ml syringe they sent with either a 25g 5/8 or 27g 1/2 (been experimenting) for either shallow IM or SubQ. Prior to being with them I was with another clinic and they sent me 3ml syringes and 25g 1 inch needles to inject with. Injecting with the 3ml syringe used to take me more than minute. It's so much easier to inject with the 1ml, as it takes seconds even with the 27g.

Thanks.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor
1cc 29g 1/2" is the unversally used syringe around here. You draw and inject with it with very little chance of dulling. What you wrote above frankly just makes the process harder or more involved, using anything else or doing it any other way.

Eddard

I'll order the 29's too and try that out. The 27's I ordered at 1/2 1cc. Is there a huge difference between 27 and 29?

Using a 3mL or 1mL syringe with detachable needles makes it much more difficult to draw and inject with a 27g. It has to do with the plunger diameter, as opposed to an insulin syringe where the plunger is much smaller in diameter.

Basically, the smaller plunger allows more pressure to be exerted on the oil with the same amount of force exerted by your muscles. Using a 27g 1/2inch insulin syringe like this http://www.otcwholesale.com/easytouch-75501.html I can draw .3mL in 15 seconds. I actually counted yesterday.

I tried once with a 3mL luer lock syringe and 27g needle. It was practically impossible to press the plunger down with all the force in my hand. Give it a shot, pun intended ;)

Weasel

0.5cc will allow you to draw faster as it creates a greater hydraulic effect than a 1cc.

I use 0.5cc 1/2" 29ga to draw and injection with, same needle. Works perfect.

CSI007

I am new at this an drawing an injecting from a single syringe of 28 gauge works very well. I thought I would be there for minutes on end trying to get it out and then in. Takes about 20 to 30 seconds to draw it up and I intentionally take about 30 seconds to a minute to inject.

I am new at this an drawing an injecting from a single syringe of 28 gauge works very well. I thought I would be there for minutes on end trying to get it out and then in. Takes about 20 to 30 seconds to draw it up and I intentionally take about 30 seconds to a minute to inject.

Try pulling past the amount you want. As in, when you have the needle in the vial, and you want 40 units, pull to 60 or so, seems to speed it up.

I spend about 15 seconds pulling .3mL with a 27g.

Eddard

Just a quick update... My Easytouch 1cc 29g 1/2 inch box of 100 was delivered yesterday and I used it to inject my .25 ml this morning. Worked perfectly. Took about 20 seconds to draw and about 10 seconds to inject. Thanks for the advice, guys. My days of drawing with a separate needle are over.

LTChris

I use a 1cc, 29 gauge, 1/2" syringe. it takes me a good 2-3 minutes to fill. i even tried running under warm water. What is the trick to get it to fill in 20 to 30 secs.

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
I use 27 gauge 1/2 inch since I am not as patient as the guys above. The higher the gauge number, the more time it takes to load and inject . You make a decision based on pain level and time you are willing to wait. After trying the whole range of 25-29, I chose 27 gauge as the size that works for me.

Leesto

I use 27 gauge 1/2 inch since I am not as patient as the guys above. The higher the gauge number, the more time it takes to load and inject . You make a decision based on pain level and time you are willing to wait. After trying the whole range of 25-29, I chose 27 gauge as the size that works for me.

I also use a 27 gauge 1/2 inch syringe and find it strikes a good balance. The load time is pretty short and the pain level is minimal. Often painless. My favorite brand is Easy Touch. BD syringes seem to be overly tight and that makes them a bit more difficult to load and to inject.

Vince

Super Moderator
I also use a 27 gauge 1/2 inch syringe and find it strikes a good balance. The load time is pretty short and the pain level is minimal. Often painless. My favorite brand is Easy Touch. BD syringes seem to be overly tight and that makes them a bit more difficult to load and to inject.

That's the same syringe I use, because of Nelson's recommendation. I've been using it for over two years now and I'm very happy with it.

stevep

So a 1/2" needle is long enough for a IM thigh injection?

I find this the easiest injection spot for myself, but currently using a longer/larger needle. I'm going to purchase a 27 gauge, but want to make sure 1/2 is ok.

Thanks

Leesto

I find this the easiest injection spot for myself, but currently using a longer/larger needle. I'm going to purchase a 27 gauge, but want to make sure 1/2 is ok.

Thanks

That probably depends on your body fat percentage. I inject in the quads and 1/2" is plenty long to do IM. I am not especially lean yet the muscle is clearly visible under just a thin layer of skin & tissue. I used to spread the skin a bit with my thumb and forefinger and I imagine that could help a person with a higher amount of fat.

It will be interesting to see if others know of a way to determine how deep one has to go to reach the muscle in people with varying body fat percentages.

James

I use 27g 1/2" and inject in the shoulders. I'd advise against anything detachable. Drawing and injecting with the same needle is my method of choice.

TransitPoloce

I use 1ml insulin syringes with detachable needles - 18 gauge to draw and 25 or 27 gauge to inject. Never get much pain and rarely see any blood at all.

I find it impossible to draw with a 25/27 from an ampoule - is anyone here who draws with a small needle drawing it from an ampoule, Or does everyone have vials of test? I think that might help as you can turn it upside down.

I'm still getting used to injecting myself, sure I'll adjust at some stage.

I have injected with 27G 1/2" but I always had to order them on-line and wait etc.. Now I go to the local farmacy and buy very cheap 25G 5/8" fast to draw and inject. At same farmacy I buy syringes for HCG also very cheap 29G 12,7mm.
I tried to draw and inject testo with a 29G and it was almost impossible.

Vince

Super Moderator

Thanks
Yes, for shallow IM, that's what I do and it works good for me, I do inject in my shoulders though.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me