Needle Gauge for IM/Quads

Buy Lab Tests Online

otus

Please, I'm not looking for recommendations to switch to my delt or VG. Or to switch to SubQ. I may look into those in the future. For now, I'm just asking about IM in quads.

My doc gave me an Rx for 18g needles for drawing and 21g/1-inch needles for IM injections into quads.

Two questions:

–I’m only taking .5ml/week - will the 18 gauge needle leave too big a hole in the rubber stopper of the test bottle?

–21 gauge seems like a harpoon. If I don’t want to do SubQ, and I want to stick with my quads for now, is 21g the way to go or would you use a thinner pin?

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Vince

Super Moderator
I would have probably use a 27 g. 1/2" syringe. Because I do dailies I use a 29 g 1/2" syringe. I inject in my shoulders, sub q love handles and VG

madman

Super Moderator
Please, I'm not looking for recommendations to switch to my delt or VG. Or to switch to SubQ. I may look into those in the future. For now, I'm just asking about IM in quads.

My doc gave me an Rx for 18g needles for drawing and 21g/1-inch needles for IM injections into quads.

Two questions:

–I’m only taking .5ml/week - will the 18 gauge needle leave too big a hole in the rubber stopper of the test bottle?

–21 gauge seems like a harpoon. If I don’t want to do SubQ, and I want to stick with my quads for now, is 21g the way to go or would you use a thinner pin?

Forget wasting your time drawing with an 18G let alone injecting with those 21G harpoons.

Better off using a 25G x 1" or 5/8" needle length.

If your quads are lean you could easily get away with injecting shallow IM using low dead space insulin syringes 27G X 1/2" needle length.

One of the main advantages of using an LDS insulin syringe for trt is that there will be minimal waste of medication due to low-dead space let alone you draw/inject using the same needle (fixed).

Whether one is injecting strictly sub-q or shallow IM most are using LDS insulin syringes 27-31G with various needle lengths 1/4"(6MM), 5/16"(8MM), 1/2"(12.7MM).

Numerous benefits of using an LDS insulin syringe (fixed needle) as injections are virtually pain-free, minimal trauma to the tissue, minimizing any waste of medication, easier for many to measure accurate doses when injecting lower volumes and you can draw/inject using the same needle to boot.

“Fixed insulin type syringes have no void space at the point where the needle joins the syringe, and so are known as Low Dead Space Syringes, which is sometimes abbreviated in the literature to LDSS. They are made like this so that the full accurate dose is delivered, and there is no waste”

Simbarn

I would have probably use a 27 g. 1/2" syringe. Because I do dailies I use a 29 g 1/2" syringe. I inject in my shoulders, sub q love handles and VG
Yes, I use a 27g into my quads twice a week for Enanthate. I use a 1ml insulin type syringe that you can swap needles, thus drawing up with a 21g. Trying to draw up with a 27g would be very slow. I have very little to no body fat there, I hyper-inject slightly and have had no issues for the last 5 years doing this.
The amount of solution is very small per injection as my Enanthate is 250mg/ml. These small needles cause far less trauma than the bigger ones and I hardly feel it.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me