Need to find a new Urologist in Maryland

Buy Lab Tests Online
Does
The appointment went fine, but I ended up switching practices. The Docs at MAUA we’re fine, but I had a lot of trouble with the front office staff/admin side of the practice (prescriptions constantly held up; being on hold for 40+ minutes, then dropped; having appointments cancelled). I switched to Chesapeake Urology, Dr. Fenig. Appointment went great, practice seems solid.

We’re just continuing my current protocol. Very simple - 130mg test cyp/week (injections). This keeps my Total T between 850-1000 (depending when I get blood drawn). Going to watch estrogen and consider go back on 0.5 mg arimidex/week, which has kept my levels normal in past.
Do they take insurance at Chesapeake? Same as MAUA?

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor
The appointment went fine, but I ended up switching practices. The Docs at MAUA we’re fine, but I had a lot of trouble with the front office staff/admin side of the practice (prescriptions constantly held up; being on hold for 40+ minutes, then dropped; having appointments cancelled). I switched to Chesapeake Urology, Dr. Fenig. Appointment went great, practice seems solid.

We’re just continuing my current protocol. Very simple - 130mg test cyp/week (injections). This keeps my Total T between 850-1000 (depending when I get blood drawn). Going to watch estrogen and consider go back on 0.5 mg arimidex/week, which has kept my levels normal in past.

JBOW, Does Chesapeake Urology run your blood lab panel pre or post injection? My first panel since starting is scheduled in a few weeks and the instruction is to have blood drawn 2 days after injection. I feel my best 48 hrs after injections and pretty blah the day before scheduled injections. I'd prefer to know the trough reading.

spiffy

Hey - thread revival here.

I was also a patient of Dr Melograna. I haven't been to the new Dr on call (not sure if its Proctor or Murdock Sr or Jr?). Now that its been some time for those that stayed or those that found someone else - how are things today and what would you recommend?

Just looking for someone a little more cutting edge/on top of things. I'm doing pretty good on my current protocol, but could I be better? My preference goes to ones that take insurance over paying out-of-pocket.

thanks!

crazyhaha

Hey Spiffy. I have seen Dr. Proctor who I think is in the Annapolis office that Dr. Melograna use to have. I've only had 2 telephone appointments, but he was fine with continuing my current protocol with every other day T and HCG.

I had gone to someone at Chesapeake Uro a few years ago and they were going to give me injections every 2 weeks, no HCG, so I didn't stay.

Hey - thread revival here.

I was also a patient of Dr Melograna. I haven't been to the new Dr on call (not sure if its Proctor or Murdock Sr or Jr?). Now that its been some time for those that stayed or those that found someone else - how are things today and what would you recommend?

Just looking for someone a little more cutting edge/on top of things. I'm doing pretty good on my current protocol, but could I be better? My preference goes to ones that take insurance over paying out-of-pocket.

thanks!
I stayed with Mid Atlantic Urology Associates. I am closer to Greenbelt office but choose to go to Annapolis for my 6 month visits. Not as talkative as Dr. Melograna but very nice to deal with. I will continue my care with Dr. Proctor for the next 7 years at a minimum.

spiffy

I tried to make an appt with Dr Proctor and never heard back from the office :(

Do you feel like he's a bit more up on the latest info on TRT? I'm fine with going back there if I felt I was completely dialed in, but I seem to have gone backwards a bit from when I started - brain fog, tired/lethargic etc...I would like someone to be able to wrok with me to figure this out and I'm not sure thats the place to do that.

I have no idea. He seems receptive and knowledgeable based on my questions and concerns. Call during normal business hours to avoid answering system and leaving a message. Their patient portal always gives a timely reply.

I saw Dr. Melograna for about 7 years. Since his move to FL I have switched to Dr. Nezu at Chesapeake Urology. He continued prescribing topical Test Cream from MedQuest but does not do HCG. I would not consider him cutting edge on TRT but he is a very competent urologist.

spiffy

thanks for the info...I ended up signing up with Defy, so I'll see what they have to say. Worst case is I can go back to one of the local Dr's and continue how I was going.

spiffy

That's correct - they have some form they can send you to be able to submit to your ins, so I'll do that towards the end of the year.

I had my initial appt yesterday and we went thru all my labs one-by-one and explained what they meant, if they were good/bad and what could be done, if anything, to be improved. I learned more in that 45 min convo than I have in 5+ years of being with the urologist. Short story long I'm stopping my AI and then monitoring to see if I get any symptoms and if my issues get resolved - with a follow up in 3 months with new labs.

This is no plug for Defy, as I'm sure the others providers out there have very similar expectations and results. This is maybe a plug for the online clinics in general simply because they focus on one thing, and not a multitude that a GP or urologist does.

crazyhaha

Hey Maryland folks, does anyone have and updates on good docs? I've been going to Dr. proctor at Mid-Atlantic Urology, and he is ok. He's fine with keeping me on injections and HCG with total testosterone levels around 1000, but he didn't have any advice on BP medicines and ED. I'll keep going to him, but figured I'd ask and see if someone has a dr who is up on their TRT stuff.

I miss going to Dr. Melograna, he was really well read on TRT.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me