Need Help with what to do.

Buy Lab Tests Online

Mocoffeeplease

Hello, I'm a 27 year old male, over the past two years i have been feeling terrible. I have no motivation, no drive, no desire to have sex. I have no energy, living on caffeine. Cant perform at my Job how I need to. Basically I have all the symptoms of low T including hair loss. massive weight gain over two years. 2.5 years ago I had a varicocele in my testicles. very painful but went away on its own and didn't need surgery.
I had blood work done.
total testosterone was: 490 ng/dl
and free test was: 93.4 pg/ml
Everything else was perfect according to two doctors.

My primary care keeps throwing me depression meds that aren't doing anything for me. And every TRT clinic I call seems to egar to start me on TRT. I don't believe my T level is LOW, But is this low for my age and what should I do about it.

Should I even consider TRT at 27. something has to change. I don't feel myself at all.

Vince

Super Moderator
Hello, I'm a 27 year old male, over the past two years i have been feeling terrible. I have no motivation, no drive, no desire to have sex. I have no energy, living on caffeine. Cant perform at my Job how I need to. Basically I have all the symptoms of low T including hair loss. massive weight gain over two years. 2.5 years ago I had a varicocele in my testicles. very painful but went away on its own and didn't need surgery.
I had blood work done.

My primary care keeps throwing me depression meds that aren't doing anything for me. And every TRT clinic I call seems to egar to start me on TRT. I don't believe my T level is LOW, But is this low for my age and what should I do about it.

Should I even consider TRT at 27. something has to change. I don't feel myself at all.
Are you on the pressure meds? That also can cause low testosterone. It would be nice if you posted your complete lab along with all the ranges.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Mocoffeeplease

HI, thank you for replying, That was before starting Wellbutrin.
Here are the labs:

CHOLESTEROL, TOTAL :156
HDL CHOLESTEROL: 46
TRIGLYCERIDES: 76
LDL-CHOLESTEROL : 93mg/dL (calc)
CHOL/HDLC RATIO : 3.4
LDL/HDL RATIO:
NON HDL CHOLESTEROL :110
Reference Range: <130 mg/dL (calc)
TSH:
Reference Range: 0.40-4.50 mIU/L
T4, FREE
Reference Range: 0.8-1.8 ng/dL
HEMOGLOBIN A1c
Reference Range: <5.7 % of total Hgb

madman

Super Moderator
I had blood work done.

When was blood work done?

Need to post reference ranges/assays used.

Testing should be done in a fasted state between 7-10 am as we want to test at peak.

During the 24hr circadian rhythm of a healthy young male testosterone levels will start to increase around 3-4 am reaching a peak between 6-8 am and by 11-12 pm will start to decline late afternoon/early evening reaching a trough between 6-8 pm.

Fluctuations from peak--->trough would be around 20-25%

Natural T levels follow a diurnal 24 hr circadian rhythm and will start to rise gradually around 3 am reaching peak levels around 8 am

Natural endogenous testosterone secretion is pulsatile and diurnal.

Keep in mind that dysfunction (thyroid/adrenals) can mimic symptoms of low-t.

Massive weight gain can hammer down T.

Was your SHBG tested as it will have a significant impact on TT/FT?

Even then although you tested TT your FT was most likely tested using an inaccurate assay.

The only way to know where your FT level truly sits is to have it tested using the most accurate assays such as the gold standard Equilibrium Dialysis or Ultrafiltration (next best).

When it comes to testing hormones it is critical to use accurate assays TT/estradiol/DHT (LC/MS-MS) and FT (ED or UF).

Although TT is important to know FT is what truly matters as it is the active unbound fraction of testosterone responsible for the positive effects.

As I stated previously where your SHBG sits will have a significant impact on TT/FT.

With a TT 490 ng/dL your FT would most likely be in the lower end normal/low depending on your SHBG.

Again the only way to know would be to have it tested using the most accurate assays.

Mocoffeeplease

When was blood work done?

Need to post reference ranges/assays used.

Testing should be done in a fasted state between 7-10 am as we want to test at peak.

During the 24hr circadian rhythm of a healthy young male testosterone levels will start to increase around 3-4 am reaching a peak between 6-8 am and by 11-12 pm will start to decline late afternoon/early evening reaching a trough between 6-8 pm.

Fluctuations from peak--->trough would be around 20-25%

Natural T levels follow a diurnal 24 hr circadian rhythm and will start to rise gradually around 3 am reaching peak levels around 8 am

Natural endogenous testosterone secretion is pulsatile and diurnal.

Keep in mind that dysfunction (thyroid/adrenals) can mimic symptoms of low-t.

Massive weight gain can hammer down T.

Was your SHBG tested as it will have a significant impact on FT?

Even then although you tested TT your FT was most likely tested using an inaccurate assay.

The only way to know where your FT level truly sits is to have it tested using the most accurate assays such as the gold standard Equilibrium Dialysis or Ultrafiltration (next best).

When it comes to testing hormones it is critical to use accurate assays TT/estradiol/DHT (LC/MS-MS) and FT (ED or UF).

Although TT is important to know FT is what truly matters as it is the active unbound fraction of testosterone responsible for the positive effects.

As I stated previously where your SHBG sits will have a significant impact on FT.

With a TT 490 ng/dL your FT would most likely be in the lower end normal/low depending on your SHBG.

Again the only way to know would be to have it tested using the most accurate assays.
I will look into getting better test done thank you!

madman

Super Moderator
You can use Nelson's discountedlabs.
Screenshot (6228).png

This panel would be ideal if cost is no issue.

Pre- TRT Male Hormone / Wellness Panel $267.05

Otherwise, you can just go with TT/FT, estradiol, and SHBG.

2/3/4 would be the cheapest option.....roughly $152

1. Total Testosterone (LC/MS- No Upper Limit) and Free Testosterone $64.83 (Equilibrium Dialysis)

2. Testosterone, Total, LC/MS, and Free (Equilibrium Ultrafiltration) $56.91

3. Estradiol, Ultra Sensitive (LC/MS) $50.99

4. Sex Hormone Binding Globulin - SHBG $44.21

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com