Need help with sleep management on TRT

Buy Lab Tests Online

Gman86

I know this is an older thread, but I rotated between keto and carnivore while doing IF and work full-time nights and my protocol for difficult nights is: 75mg Benadryl, 9mg melatonin, 2 Valerian root and that usually does the trick quite successfully. I occasionally throw in 50mg of trazadone as needed and cycle ZMA as well. I know the anticholinergics, like Benadryl are allegedly linked to dementia long- term so I usually only use Benadryl sparingly. Just my .02

Who knew it turns out u have to have a degree in rocket science to get some shut eye haha. But no, obv if it’s working for u, then that’s all that matters. No judgement. Obv ur not looking for opinions on how to improve sleep.

I’m currently doing mostly carnivore. Why do u bounce back and forth between keto and carnivore, just curious

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Virilist

Who knew it turns out u have to have a degree in rocket science to get some shut eye haha. But no, obv if it’s working for u, then that’s all that matters. No judgement. Obv ur not looking for opinions on how to improve sleep.

I’m currently doing mostly carnivore. Why do u bounce back and forth between keto and carnivore, just curious
No doubt! Honestly, still on fence to see which I prefer best for strength, performance, lab values, functionality, and aesthetics.

Gman86

No doubt! Honestly, still on fence to see which I prefer best for strength, performance, lab values, functionality, and aesthetics.

Ya same. I want to go full carnivore, but I also want to gain some more lean muscle tissue. I know carnivore is one of the best diets for maintaining lean muscle tissue and losing fat, but just not sure it’s ideal for gaining lean muscle tissue. Right now I’m doing carnivore, with just some white rice, honey, and select fruits. Watermelon and apples pretty much, and not even everyday. And do ghee sometimes, depending on the cut of beef I’m cooking

Novaman

resurrecting this thread to see if anyone has any new insights on dealing with sleep issues while on TRT.

I was on TRT for nearly 5 years and quit cold Turkey 14 months ago because I could never get my sleep issues under control. I had tried just about everything out there, and eventually, the only thing that worked for me was to quit TRT.

My sleep improved pretty much immediately, but I find myself really missing the benefits of TRT, so I'm contemplating going back on.

I am still low energy, lethargic most of the time, and now I also have low libido. I am doing a low carb diet with IF to help combat a previously borderline type 2 diabetic profile so I realize that can contribute to the issue.

I'm hoping that maybe starting from scratch with a lower dose protocol might do the trick, but am wondering if anyone has any new insights on sleep with TRT

BTW- I got a blood test back in May just to see where I stand and interestingly, my Total T was 505 (250-1100 ng/dL) and Free T was 91.9 (35.0-155.0 pg/mL). pre TRT my Total T was as low as 280

Last edited:

Willyt

My sleep sucks either way with the early morning wake ups. There are definitely times where I feel like sleep > testosterone

S1W

resurrecting this thread to see if anyone has any new insights on dealing with sleep issues while on TRT.

I was on TRT for nearly 5 years and quit cold Turkey 14 months ago because I could never get my sleep issues under control. I had tried just about everything out there, and eventually, the only thing that worked for me was to quit TRT.

My sleep improved pretty much immediately, but I find myself really missing the benefits of TRT, so I'm contemplating going back on.

I am still low energy, lethargic most of the time, and now I also have low libido. I am doing a low carb diet with IF to help combat a previously borderline type 2 diabetic profile so I realize that can contribute to the issue.

I'm hoping that maybe starting from scratch with a lower dose protocol might do the trick, but am wondering if anyone has any new insights on sleep with TRT

BTW- I got a blood test back in May just to see where I stand and interestingly, my Total T was 505 (250-1100 ng/dL) and Free T was 91.9 (35.0-155.0 pg/mL). pre TRT my Total T was as low as 280
With those numbers, I'd probably just stay off of TRT.

GreenMachineX

Another bump here. I'm still doing 20mg EOD testosterone as well as 25mg transdermal DHEA in morning and 6-12mg pregnenolone in the evening. Last night I also took .25mg sublingual melatonin and slept fantastic. I'll be slowly increasing the pregnenolone until I get to about 25mg. My libido is coming back, I feel more relaxed throughout the day, and less OCD/ anxiety. High hopes for this continued protocol.

I'll be testing total and free T, dhea-s, cbc, and sensitive estradiol in a week or 2.

Gman86

Another bump here. I'm still doing 20mg EOD testosterone as well as 25mg transdermal DHEA in morning and 6-12mg pregnenolone in the evening. Last night I also took .25mg sublingual melatonin and slept fantastic. I'll be slowly increasing the pregnenolone until I get to about 25mg. My libido is coming back, I feel more relaxed throughout the day, and less OCD/ anxiety. High hopes for this continued protocol.

I'll be testing total and free T, dhea-s, cbc, and sensitive estradiol in a week or 2.

Any specific reason u take the pregnenolone in the evening opposed to the morning?

Jayway25

A lot of suggestions here.

I decided to discontinue my anastrazole for now. Hoping that helps with hot flashes in the middle of night . I notice I feel worse on days I take it so I’m just gonna let my e2 float back up to low 30s.

I’ll continue with ZMA for now, although I’ve seen differing opinions on whether zinc aspartate is harmful in the ZMA.

I have no trouble with falling asleep so I donno if melatonin will help. It’s just staying asleep that I struggle with.
Did You ever find a solution to the issues? I'm having the same thing.

Jayway25

A lot of suggestions here.

I decided to discontinue my anastrazole for now. Hoping that helps with hot flashes in the middle of night . I notice I feel worse on days I take it so I’m just gonna let my e2 float back up to low 30s.

I’ll continue with ZMA for now, although I’ve seen differing opinions on whether zinc aspartate is harmful in the ZMA.

I have no trouble with falling asleep so I donno if melatonin will help. It’s just staying asleep that I struggle with.
Did you ever find a solution? I'm having the same issues. Waking up 2 3 4 am hot can't get back to sleep. E2 at 17 Total T at 717. All joints ache too.

JimGainz

Did you ever find a solution? I'm having the same issues. Waking up 2 3 4 am hot can't get back to sleep. E2 at 17 Total T at 717. All joints ache too.
I don’t think you’re E2 or testosterone is causing you to wake up like that. It’s probably cortisol and perhaps the resulting inflammation from working out, or just outright stress. I get this way every now and then. Due to some job-related stress I was literally up almost the entire night earlier this week laying in bed. The next night. I took 1/2 of a Xanax with some melatonin and slept for 6 1/2 hours straight. I rarely use the Xanax but when I do it’s a big help and seems to reset things. Same for THC when I could get my hands on it.

Jayway25

I don’t think you’re E2 or testosterone is causing you to wake up like that. It’s probably cortisol and perhaps the resulting inflammation from working out, or just outright stress. I get this way every now and then. Due to some job-related stress I was literally up almost the entire night earlier this week laying in bed. The next night. I took 1/2 of a Xanax with some melatonin and slept for 6 1/2 hours straight. I rarely use the Xanax but when I do it’s a big help and seems to reset things. Same for THC when I could get my hands on it.
Took extensive cortisol saliva test. 4 tubes. Not really any stress going on. Seems to happen weeks after I donate blood. Waiting on ferritin labs to come back. Low ferritin causes anxiety and that's a possibility. Did blood work this morning so should be a few days for results. I'll know more then. Thanks for the reply.

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me