Need help with sleep management on TRT

Buy Lab Tests Online

Vtail

Ibuprofen has been letting me sleep a bit better, 200mg of the PM version and 600mg of regular Ibuprofen for a total of 800mg seems to let me sleep as I've been a little achy and such at the end of my day.

Are you not worried about taking it long term? I guess its the sort of thing that if it starts bothering my stomach I could just stop.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Loki

Does not help me. I cut out fluids about 3-4 hours before bed, but still piss like a racehorse all night long. It seems to have gotten worse since TRT (or maybe its the HCG). Pre-TRT I would usually get up maybe once per night, but sometimes not. Now, 2 or 3 times per night - every night.
Man I do as well... A good night for me is getting up once. I'm not sure what drives that... I do drink about 8 bottles of water a day sometimes more but cutting it off a few hours before bed doesn't seem to help... I freaking hate getting up to pee!

Are you not worried about taking it long term? I guess its the sort of thing that if it starts bothering my stomach I could just stop.
Only liver, but 800mg is just what I'm used to taking from military days because they handed out big bottles of 800mg horse sized pills and we all had them, called it the "Air Force Vitamin", or "Vitamin M". I need to try just 400mg and see if that has the same effect.

Does not help me. I cut out fluids about 3-4 hours before bed, but still piss like a racehorse all night long. It seems to have gotten worse since TRT (or maybe its the HCG). Pre-TRT I would usually get up maybe once per night, but sometimes not. Now, 2 or 3 times per night - every night.
I sometimes think that my Estrogen related nmight sweats (or being too warm in bed) are sheeding some water weight as Estrogen drops for me overnight it just might be that you piss it out and I sweat it out.

Vtail

I sometimes think that my Estrogen related nmight sweats (or being too warm in bed) are sheeding some water weight as Estrogen drops for me overnight it just might be that you piss it out and I sweat it out.

I get night sweats too, just not every night. I'm going to start tracking the night sweats to see if it correlates in any way with my E3.5D injection schedule. But the pissing is an every night problem.

DragonBits

Man I do as well... A good night for me is getting up once. I'm not sure what drives that... I do drink about 8 bottles of water a day sometimes more but cutting it off a few hours before bed doesn't seem to help... I freaking hate getting up to pee!

I keep water in some old powermate bottles that are 32 oz each. 8 bottles of those would be a lot of water.

How many oz in each bottle of water? "They" recommend 8x 8oz glasses of water a day. I was drinking a quart of water when first getting up, then whatever during the day, at least 2-4 cups of coffee, if I am at the gym maybe about 16 oz or more of water, I would pee often during the night. Since I stopped drinking so much water, I don't get up to pee.

I still get up for some reason, but it's not to pee. I think too much estrogen, or maybe sometimes stress, but who knows for sure? It seems to be related to when I shoot Nebido, which is going to raise my E2 and is mitigated by progesterone.

Nearly everyone gets up during sleep 3-4 times a night, we just are not always aware of it and if we are sleeping well we fall back to sleep right away.

Excess urination is affected by coffee, alcohol, diabetes. bph. drinking too much water among common reasons.

Antidiuretic Hormone (ADH) Test: Definition and Patient Education

You can drink too much water during the day and cause an ADH hormone deficiency, which is the hormone that affects urination.

Sleep for me is very easy to disturb so I tend to focus on it.

Dansk

Long term chronic ibuprofen use can be damaging to the kidneys. Kidney failure late in life is one of the worst things to have to experience. As someone who has worked with kidney failure patients for over 23 years, i'd proceed with caution.

Novaman

Wow!! This is EXACTLY what's happening with me!. Off TRT I will wake up 1 time a night to pee, sometimes 2. On TRT it will be 2+. Can never figure out how to manage it, which brought me here. Docs have thought it could be BPH, overactive bladder, Pelvic floor tension- they just don't know.

Novaman

I tried the Magnesium and pregnenalone for a month. Did 200 mg Magnesium 100 mg pregnenalone. It was horrible. Yes I would be very tired at night and could go right back to sleep, but it made me tired the whole day! Gave up on it 2 nights ago.

Gman86

I tried the Magnesium and pregnenalone for a month. Did 200 mg Magnesium 100 mg pregnenalone. It was horrible. Yes I would be very tired at night and could go right back to sleep, but it made me tired the whole day! Gave up on it 2 nights ago.

Do you think it was the pregnenolone causing this? Have you ever tried magnesium by itself for sleep?

I’ve tried pregnenolone many times, and it seems to always cause sleep issues for me.

Magnesium, on the other hand, has been a wonderful sleep aid for me. I even had an ex gf that was on trazodone for 10 years to help her sleep, and she was able to taper off completely by using magnesium.

Vman

Are you eating enough food and on a regular schedule? It could be low blood sugar...

"Getting up to go to the bathroom for the second time, he reminds himself not to drink water before bed.This has little to do with the problem. Night time urination is rarely an issue
when the blood sugar system is properly working. The chemicals from the fight-or-flight response are toxic, and the body must eliminate the toxins through the kidneys as soon as possible, even at the expense of sleep. This is why night-time urination in the hypoglycemic is unavoidable."

Link Removed

Bentiger07

While sleep is important, it doesn't help to over-worry about it. I get the feeling SOME here are. I used to worry about it too much. While it's ok to learn ways to improve it (naturally 1st), don't obsess what's hard to control.

Ever since young, my ability to fall asleep is below average (compared to others) but once I'm asleep, I stay asleep. Tried many ways to improve sleep. Once I started telling myself to STOP worrying about sleep, that was a weight off my shoulders. I realized I just need less sleep than the average 7-8. I'm more of a 5-7hr a night guy and short naps as needed.

I see alot of posts about CBD here. I got a medical marijuana prescription for my moderate pain & trouble falling asleep. If still illegal in your state without prescription, theyre fairly easy to get if you know how to find the right docs. Studies and experience show an indica high THC strain helps more for falling asleep, while an indica high CBD strain helps more for staying asleep. I don't vape bud much but if I do, it's at night if I'm really struggling to fall asleep and I know I need sleep to wake up early. I feel weed is a much healthier alternative than some insomnia drugs/supplements.

Our generation is spending more time indoors which effects more than sleep. If you're indoors alot, I'd suggest to try to find things to do outside shortly after waking up or early afternoon. I try to workout outside or work on my laptop outdoors until I feel like coming in. Keep lights low at night, especially blue/green light as gman said. See if it helps you.

Last edited:

GreenMachineX

So I started with 25 mg of CBD, and increased to 50 mg. It definitely helps, however I still have to pee 2 and sometimes 3 times per night, which wrecks my sleep - I always have a hard time falling back to sleep. Anyone have any success with supplements that reduce urine production (or the ability to hold it until morning)? I know that Ibuprofen would work, but I'm hesitant to make it a habit because its supposed to be rough on the stomach. When I was younger I would pop an advil before going out drinking, and would be able to drink all night without having to pee much at all - not sure of the mechanism but it definitely slows urine production somehow.
I still wake up to pee once a night. Sometimes twice. Haven’t figured that out completely but my sleep still isn’t great either. Granted, I’m using some other fat loss supplements and lower carb diets hurt my sleep quite a bit, but I feel so much better that way. High carb diets make me feel sleepy and sluggish all the time, but I sleep great then lol.

I’ve also noticed that if my salt intake is too low, I don’t feel as good and don’t sleep as well.

Vman

I still wake up to pee once a night. Sometimes twice. Haven’t figured that out completely but my sleep still isn’t great either. Granted, I’m using some other fat loss supplements and lower carb diets hurt my sleep quite a bit, but I feel so much better that way. High carb diets make me feel sleepy and sluggish all the time, but I sleep great then lol.

I’ve also noticed that if my salt intake is too low, I don’t feel as good and don’t sleep as well.

Do you work out a decent amount? Specifically strength training? If you are low carb and do strength training or HIIT you could be low blood sugar and have the issue I mentioned earlier. Those types of exercises are great for you but they are also glycogen intensive. If you don't eat enough carbs they can push you into low blood sugar.

GreenMachineX

Do you work out a decent amount? Specifically strength training? If you are low carb and do strength training or HIIT you could be low blood sugar and have the issue I mentioned earlier. Those types of exercises are great for you but they are also glycogen intensive. If you don't eat enough carbs they can push you into low blood sugar.
Yeah, I weight train hard 3 times per week, and otherwise very active lifestyle. But, on a ketogenic diet, we’re not relying on blood sugar (well, minimally that is), so it shouldn’t matter. Ketones for me are just too stimulating (my theory). Or I’m tryptophan-deficient of sorts. Just heard Thomas Delauer discussing sleep issues on low carb diets, so I may try tryptophan as well.

DragonBits

Yeah, I weight train hard 3 times per week, and otherwise very active lifestyle. But, on a ketogenic diet, we’re not relying on blood sugar (well, minimally that is), so it shouldn’t matter. Ketones for me are just too stimulating (my theory). Or I’m tryptophan-deficient of sorts. Just heard Thomas Delauer discussing sleep issues on low carb diets, so I may try tryptophan as well.

People on low carb diets often have problems with sleep. But I doubt taking a tryptophan supplement will help.

The release of insulin after carbohydrate is digested indirectly helps an amino acid, tryptophan, get into the brain. Once there, tryptophan is converted through a biochemical process into serotonin. However, when more than small amounts of protein are eaten along with the carbohydrate, this process is blocked.

You could try having a carb snack an hour before sleep.

Been struggling with this for a while myself, and was part of the reason I wanted to start TRT. After years of trying to fix my sleep, nothing helped. Unfortunately, it's been rough lately too. But I have been overeating before bed, and recently quit smoking.

I know that a tolerance develops to melatonin as well, so I wonder if taking that regularly makes one less sensitive to the melatonin the body naturally produces (or decreases production).

I hate taking antihistamines to sleep, as I feel groggy the next day, and it has a negative effect on my ED issues. Plus they're not supposed to be so healthy long term.

Vman

Taking melatonin does not cause you to develop a tolerance to it according to all the studies they have on it so far.

Antihistamines are some of the most popular and most used drugs in the world. It sucks to have to take a drug to get good sleep, but if you have to take one, antihistamines are probably the best choice available.

As for strength training on keto. Many people eat 15-50g of carbs 30-60 minutes before their workout or they do cyclical keto because of the incredible energy demands that ketones are not able to supply. The research that shows muscle gain on keto is on people that never worked out before. If you strength train 3xweek you might want to try incorporating some carbs on training days. Especially if you are hitting it hard. I was on keto and strength trained 3xweek. I started working with a nutritionist and adding some carbs is one of the first things they suggested.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me