Need help with sleep management on TRT

Buy Lab Tests Online

Rabbit91476

This issue keeps getting worse for me.

I’m thinking of lowering my t dose or something. It’s essentially making the benefits of trt completely unnoticeable.

I just had labs pulled two days ago so I’ll see if e2 is elevated or something but I don’t think it is.

I may go to 3x a week injections for more stable levels. I’m willing to try anything at this point. I wake up at 2 or 3 and don’t fall back asleep. So I’m getting about 4-5 hours of sleep a night which is definitely not enough for me. I feel like shit and it’s extremely frustrating...

I’m the same. Now that I’m starting to feel better on trt. I wake up at 3-4 am with wood. Horny and can’t fall asleep. How ever I’m still extremely tired by 9-930. I try to stay awake later so I sleep in it’s just difficult. But the few time I do sleep in till 430-5. Holy crap do I have more energy

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

cigpk

I took .5 mg melatonin quick release Source naturals brand (half of their 1 mg pills) before sleep around 9:30 and then another half around 2 am. Had to wake up at 6 for work and felt super groggy but at least was able to get some sleep. Going to try something similar tonight but just take .25 before bed and .25 in middle of the night

cigpk

Here are my labs on
40 mg test 2x a week
360 iu hcg 3x a week

Total T: 783 (362-916)
Free T: 15.7 (9-26)
E2 sens: 24 (8-35)
SHBG: 53 (15-55)
TSH: 2.1 (.45-4.5)
DHEA-S: 346 (138-475)

I’m also taking multivitamin, 30 mg zinc, magnesium, fish oil, arginine

cigpk

Here are my labs on
40 mg test 2x a week
360 iu hcg 3x a week

Total T: 783 (362-916)
Free T: 15.7 (9-26)
E2 sens: 24 (8-35)
SHBG: 53 (15-55)
TSH: 2.1 (.45-4.5)
DHEA-S: 346 (138-475)

I’m also taking multivitamin, 30 mg zinc, magnesium, fish oil, arginine
I started taking 30 my pregnenolone around bedtime and have been feeling better, sleeping a little better too.

I was advised to potentially increase my T dose since my free T is down a little but I’m hesitant to do so because of my sleep issues at my current dose.

Anyone find that they slept better with higher dose?

James

I started taking 30 my pregnenolone around bedtime and have been feeling better, sleeping a little better too.

I was advised to potentially increase my T dose since my free T is down a little but I’m hesitant to do so because of my sleep issues at my current dose.

Anyone find that they slept better with higher dose?
I sleep better with low dose T, shot multiple times a week, and I still need an AI to control E. Otherwise I'll convert to too much E, and high E for me (which is low E for most) prevents quality sleep. When I get my LCMSMS E to high single digits - low teens, I sleep better.

cigpk

I sleep better with low dose T, shot multiple times a week, and I still need an AI to control E. Otherwise I'll convert to too much E, and high E for me (which is low E for most) prevents quality sleep. When I get my LCMSMS E to high single digits - low teens, I sleep better.
Thanks for your response.

I can’t run my e2 below 22 or so because I start to get very depressed, fatigued, bad joint pain.

I have high shbg so can run e2 a little higher. At 24 (8-35) I’m still a little lower than I’d like to be

madman

Super Moderator
I had the same issue when I initiated TRT. I have been a solid sleeper my entire life and suddenly I was wide awake at 3:00-4:00 every night. I tried all the supplements mentioned on here and several prescription meds. Eventually I switched to Natesto for other reasons and one of the benefits was a return to my normal sleep pattern. I am back to 7 hours a night with no supplements and no prescriptions. I think my testosterone was simply too high. I was running troughs of 1000 and now I am running peaks of 800 three times a day which is probably closer to what I was when I was "normal."

This is overlooked by many.....running too high FT levels can definitely hinder sleep.

Testosterone has a tonic effect on the system and can easily amp one up!

Many are always in the mind set that more is better and I need higher and higher levels of T and to top it off most are relying on piss poor testing methods such as the direct immunoassay when testing FT as oppose to the gold standard Equilibrium dialysis or Ultrafiltration......let alone now we have access to the newer calculated method TruT Free Testosterone Calculator by FPT which is available online for FREE and is on par with measurements by Equilibrium dialysis to say the least!

Many have no idea where there FT levels sit and if you are relying on an inaccurate testing method such as the ever so commonly used direct immunoassay.....I will bet your FT levels are much higher than what the FT direct testing method is telling you!

Improved TruT™ Companion Diagnostics

Our patent protected, novel TruT™ companion diagnostic framework provides accurate determination of free testosterone concentrations. This algorithm is based on experimental data demonstrating that testosterone’s binding to SHBG is a multi-step process involving an allosteric interaction between the two binding sites on the SHBG dimer. Estimates of free testosterone derived incorporating the allosteric coupling of SHBG monomers within the dimer provide accurate determination of free testosterone without systematic deviation from values obtained using equilibrium dialysis.

Last edited:

cigpk

This is overlooked by many.....running too high FT levels can definitely hinder sleep.

Testosterone has a tonic effect on the system and can easily amp one up!

Many are always in the mind set that more is better and I need higher and higher levels of T and to top it off most are relying on piss poor testing methods such as the direct immunoassay when testing FT as oppose to the gold standard Equilibrium dialysis or Ultrafiltration......let alone now we have access to the newer calculated method TruT Free Testosterone Calculator by FPT which is available online for FREE and is on par with measurements by Equilibrium dialysis to say the least!

Many have no idea where there FT levels sit and if you are relying on an inaccurate testing method such as the ever so commonly used direct immunoassay.....I will bet your FT levels are much higher than what the FT direct testing method is telling you!

Improved TruT™ Companion Diagnostics

Our patent protected, novel TruT™ companion diagnostic framework provides accurate determination of free testosterone concentrations. This algorithm is based on experimental data demonstrating that testosterone’s binding to SHBG is a multi-step process involving an allosteric interaction between the two binding sites on the SHBG dimer. Estimates of free testosterone derived incorporating the allosteric coupling of SHBG monomers within the dimer provide accurate determination of free testosterone without systematic deviation from values obtained using equilibrium dialysis.
I calculated mine earlier at 22.34 at trough so I think that’s pretty much about mid range

madman

Super Moderator
I calculated mine earlier at 22.34 at trough so I think that’s pretty much about mid range

Your trough levels are right around the mean.....as you stated!

Your levels are by no means high.....but if you were only injecting once weekly than your peak FT levels will be a lot higher.

DragonBits

So what are we talking about, $20 or maybe even a $100? :)

One other thing I haven't tried, progesterone, it's supposed to have sedative effects. Though it seems like tablets MAYBE are more effective for this than the cream. Because it's the metabolites produced in the liver that are more sedative.

Hmm, I wonder if I ate the cream would it be like a tablet? :) :)

So I ordered progesterone cream, 500 mg per ounce.

I started rubbing on 1/2 teaspoon, which would be 44 mg. It does seem to work, I slept better, and also got sleepy during the day. And felt more easily fatigued. I cut back to 1/4 teaspoon, now 1/8 teaspoon.

Progesterone cream isn't easily absorbed, so I did a blood test to see how much is in my serum levels, I will get the test back sometime next week.

I still feel like I need to get a certain amount of exercise a day and if I don't I get too restless at night even with the progesterone. But it seems to help with sleep and makes me feel more calm. But I need to give it more time to see how it works in the longer term.

cigpk

I very slightly increased my t dose to about 85 mg a week and hcg to 370 iu 3x a week

With pregnenolone and magnesium at night.

I’ve been sleeping a million times better the past 3 nights

GreenMachineX

Still using the cbd successfully for sleep at doses around 75mg per night (usually 50mg before bed and more at 2am). I also take 480mg magnesium in the form of glycinate and an extra 3g glycine before bed, all empty stomach to maximize absorption. My glycine dose total ends up being 5-6 grams before bed. Feeling great and sleeping great.

cigpk

Quick update - 2 weeks ago I did the following:

I increased from 360 hcg to 370 iu 3x per week
I increased test-c from 40 mg to about 45 mg 2x per week

Still taking 6 mg boron, 30 mg zinc, 5000 iu vit D multivitamin all in morning

Night: 400 mg magnesium, 30 mg pregnenolone

I initially had a wonderful response to the above. Felt great during the day, great sleep.

That changed this week. Having a hard time falling asleep, feeling hot at night (not during the day really), waking up in middle of night, peeing a lot (not anything new, just still annoying), slight increase in joint pain

I’m going to stick it out to see if everything settles after 3 or 4 more weeks. If not, I’ll get blood work and see what I need to do

Last edited:

Novaman

I’m new to this website and am very happy to have stumbled on this thread. I’ve been on TRT for 4 years and the noticeable sleep issues have been a huge problem for me. I see guys trying all sorts of different things here.
Has anyone honestly found something that is giving them the quality of sleep that they got before TRT?

Novaman

Quick update - 2 weeks ago I did the following:

I increased from 360 hcg to 370 iu 3x per week
I increased test-c from 40 mg to about 45 mg 2x per week

Still taking 6 mg boron, 30 mg zinc, 5000 iu vit D multivitamin all in morning

Night: 400 mg magnesium, 30 mg pregnenolone

I initially had a wonderful response to the above. Felt great during the day, great sleep.

That changed this week. Having a hard time falling asleep, feeling hot at night (not during the day really), waking up in middle of night, peeing a lot (not anything new, just still annoying), slight increase in joint pain

I’m going to stick it out to see if everything settles after 3 or 4 more weeks. If not, I’ll get blood work and see what I need to do
Any updates? I've been following this thread since my issue is very similar. I've stopped TRT at my wife's urging (am at day 15 since my last injection) and started sleeping better, but can see myself eventually missing the benefits of TRT

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me