Need help managing hematocrit w/ labs

Buy Lab Tests Online

fifty

Test Cyp IM 80mg, Arimidex .125mg, HCG 500iu every 3.5 days.

Latest labs were taken Monday morning ~30min before next injection (9/24). I am including my original full panel from 6/8 as reference.

I feel pretty good on day 2-3. Day 1-2 I get some facial flushing, etc. Any suggestions? I'm thinking to ask to lower my dose a bit.

Attachments

• blood9-24.PNG
    blood9-24.PNG
    191.2 KB · Views: 215
  • blood6-8-no2.PNG
    blood6-8-no2.PNG
    63.3 KB · Views: 211
  • blood6-8-no1.PNG
    blood6-8-no1.PNG
    214.4 KB · Views: 181
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

fifty

A couple specific questions.
- I gave blood on 7/11 right before I started TRT but my HCT is still higher. Do I need to look at sleep apnea or anything? Do I need to give blood again?

- Would it be worth trying dosing 1x/week or should I look for something like 70mg E3.5D?

fifty

I asked about lowering the dose. It was recommended that I can try MWF 54mg test, 350iu hcg, and .125 AI to see if that helps manage my HCT a little better so I will give that a shot.

Also got a script for a therapeutic phlebotomy but I didn't need it as my blood bank takes anyone up to 60 HCT. I went today and just gave blood normally. Their blood drop sensor said 58 HCT (yikes) while my blood pressure was only 118/82.

Plan is to check HCT in ~2weeks and probably donate again in ~10 weeks before the next 3 month follow up. I am also going to get a sleep study to see if sleep apnea is an issue as I haven't been sleeping that great lately.

Any thoughts or feedback is appreciated. Thanks all.

Labs from Jun? Are you still on the same treatment protocol?

The blood bank isn't testing your HCT, it's Hemoglobin (NOT Iron, either). You can take that Hemoglobin reading and mulitply by 3 and get a very rough approximation of HCT. Dehydration is a factor in HCT looking elevated.

I suggest you watch this:

sh1973

You honestly could cut your dose in half and still be mid to high normal. I was on this exact protocol and was a train wreck by 4 weeks.

fifty

Labs from Jun? Are you still on the same treatment protocol?

The blood bank isn't testing your HCT, it's Hemoglobin (NOT Iron, either). You can take that Hemoglobin reading and mulitply by 3 and get a very rough approximation of HCT. Dehydration is a factor in HCT looking elevated.

I suggest you watch this:
The june labs are pre-trt. The sept24 labs are on trt 80mg e3.5days with 500iu hcg and .125 anastrozole.

The blood bank results say hematocrit 58. The test on intake where they put a few drops of blood on a tray from a finger prick and put in a handheld device. The device is probably doing the multiply by 3 then?

I watched the trt revolution youtube video and it is interesting. Thanks. I was surprised my blood presure was normal with such a high h or h. Jives with that podcast. I would like some more supporting evidence though.

Sh1973 thanks for the tips. I believe you. Not sure why my doc pushed back so quickly when asking to decrease the dose.

Last edited:
Why cut the dose when your Free T is right at the lab range?? Ignore the TT...it's really not a factor in anything and given your SHBG is so high most of that is bound up and unsable any way.

fifty

It just feels like a bit much. I feel better towards day 3 on E3.5day. If my peak was like 6-10 before trt and now my trough is 25+ then that’s quite a change for me.

sh1973

For what it’s worth I can’t tolerate free to over the 10-15ng range. Whenever I go over 20, I can’t sleep, get anxiety, terrible acne, depressed mood and so on. We’re all individuals and what’s optimal for you might not be for someone else. You might feel best with a free t of 10ng. Speaking for myself 10-14ng is where I feel great and that’s with a total t of 650-750ng. More isn’t always better.

Jiu Jitsu Dude

For what it’s worth I can’t tolerate free to over the 10-15ng range. Whenever I go over 20, I can’t sleep, get anxiety, terrible acne, depressed mood and so on. We’re all individuals and what’s optimal for you might not be for someone else. You might feel best with a free t of 10ng. Speaking for myself 10-14ng is where I feel great and that’s with a total t of 650-750ng. More isn’t always better.
I have read that so many times on here. Thanks for confirming that. I'm new to trt at 9 weeks and I feel decent but I may try slightly lower dose when this protocol stabilizes. More is not always better. Ps: I'm on 50mg every 3.5 days...

fifty

I have updated labs 10weeks after a new protocol of 54mg testC, 350iu HCG, and .125 arimidex M/W/F.

I feel pretty good but I am getting a bit tired of donating blood and having high hematocrit 2 months later. I have donated twice already since early July and need to donate again.

If I want to reduce my dose, what would I reduce it to? Lower it by 10%??? 48mg MWF???

Attachments

• blood1.PNG
    blood1.PNG
    99.3 KB · Views: 142
  • blood2.PNG
    blood2.PNG
    117.7 KB · Views: 135
Last edited:

HealthMan

I have a theory that frequent injections can actually worsens someone’s HCT because it can cause more supraphysiological spikes (it depends on many factor one being each injection dosage, peak testosterone levels, etc).Given you have a high SHBG i would try to switch to E3.5D and see if that helps.
My idea is that there is an individual TT/FT point that will cause max Bone marrow stimulation. The amount of time you stay above this threshold will determine how high your HCT will go.
If i were you i would try to aim for a ~20 FT trough in a twice a week protocol. I believe that might help you control yout HCT and you should still feel great subjectively

60mg E3.5D is what i would try if i were you

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching