Naturally High Levels of DHEAs

Buy Lab Tests Online

Gman86

Just to also chime in, I've been researching high DHEA S as I have been suffering from really bad brain fog the last few years.

I agree with you guys that it does seem to be too high. I'm from the UK and getting help from a GP is basically non existent, let alone a blood terms for your hormones.

I'm hoping to get a fresh blood test and pay private to see an Endo as I do thing this is definitely contributing to my brainfog/fatigue.

I also have had high DHEA-S levels since I started HRT when I was 27. Brain fog was my main complaint. Even before I went on anything my initial blood test showed that I had the high DHEA-S levels. Going on HRT fixed all my low T symptoms, except brain fog. It helped make it a lot less, but it’s the only symptom I can’t fully kick

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

phil9p

I also have had high DHEA-S levels since I started HRT when I was 27. Brain fog was my main complaint. Even before I went on anything my initial blood test showed that I had the high DHEA-S levels. Going on HRT fixed all my low T symptoms, except brain fog. It helped make it a lot less, but it’s the only symptom I can’t fully kick
I'm just trying to manage it until I can get a fresh blood test to confirm if mine is still high, I've tested before and both times it was high so expecting the same again.

It seems to be mostly females who deal with high DHEA-s levels, not very common for men from what I can see. A few people had mentioned fish oil, vitamin e and prioritizing sleep can help to reduce, seems anecdotal but I'll try it for now and see if it makes any difference, until I can see an Endo.

Gman86

I'm just trying to manage it until I can get a fresh blood test to confirm if mine is still high, I've tested before and both times it was high so expecting the same again.

It seems to be mostly females who deal with high DHEA-s levels, not very common for men from what I can see. A few people had mentioned fish oil, vitamin e and prioritizing sleep can help to reduce, seems anecdotal but I'll try it for now and see if it makes any difference, until I can see an Endo.

Started taking vit E recently, so that’s good to hear about that possibly lowering it. I’m unsure about fish oil. Was taking it, but then watched some videos about PUFA’s being toxic. I’ll link a few vids about it. Lmk what u think.

What were ur recent DHEA-S levels (with the lab range). Here’s around where mine have been for years and years.

DHEA-S - 465 (106-464) NO HCG
DHEA-S - 440 (106-464) No HCG
DHEA-S - 404 (106-464) No HCG (11-2-19)
DHEA-S - 433 (33-416) No HCG (1-25-21)
DHEA-S - 435 (33-416) No HCG (6-24-21)

(Matt Blackburn)
-10 mins in talks about fish oil and PUFAS and how they damage and mess with the thyroid and get stored in brain and tissues)
-11:30 in PUFAS cause male pattern baldness and hair follicles to atrophy

StepbyStep

Gentlemen,

Working on getting an appointment with my Endo who's booked out into Feburary. Going to throw together a folder with all of my test numbers and other reference data in hopes of getting a scan of my adrenals.

Also, updated the first post with all of my test numbers for DHEAs.

Since the start of my trt journey (June 2016) I have tested with elevated DHEA-S every time within the 650-700 range. That includes tests right before trt, too. I don't think I have the "brain fog" that you guys are reporting. I wouldn't get into a habit of assuming A causes B.

EDIT: Also found this article. Maybe elevated DHEA-S is a good thing. I do find myself stressed every time I have to go get my blood drawn. I don't know if this is true, but maybe it's reflecting in our blood tests
Levels Of Certain Hormones May Be Increased By Stress

Last edited:

Guitarman5

Hey guys just wanted to give a quick update, after about 3.5 months of keto, unfortunately, my DHEAS levels were still high. What I did find out is that my Estrone (E1) is pretty high, 111pg/ml out of 15-65 which makes sense since DHEA gets directly converted into E1 through androstenedione. I actually recently had an appointment with the doctor I recently posted about in my previous post and he help put some things into place. He said high DHEA-S in and of itself isn't really going to cause any symptoms (like high estradiol) but what's causing it to be high and what it gets converted into could be a problem. That's why you see a lot of women complaining about high DHEAS because it can get converted into testosterone. He said inflammation or an infection can be the cause of high levels. We did some labs and the one that came back suspicious was high total IgA which can be indicative of some kind of infection. After telling him all the symptoms I've been having, his suspicion is candida so we're going to do a candida cleanse by taking fluconazole for 6 weeks and then retest and I'll let you guys know if anything improves.

carlo9999

Hey guys just wanted to give a quick update, after about 3.5 months of keto, unfortunately, my DHEAS levels were still high. What I did find out is that my Estrone (E1) is pretty high, 111pg/ml out of 15-65 which makes sense since DHEA gets directly converted into E1 through androstenedione. I actually recently had an appointment with the doctor I recently posted about in my previous post and he help put some things into place. He said high DHEA-S in and of itself isn't really going to cause any symptoms (like high estradiol) but what's causing it to be high and what it gets converted into could be a problem. That's why you see a lot of women complaining about high DHEAS because it can get converted into testosterone. He said inflammation or an infection can be the cause of high levels. We did some labs and the one that came back suspicious was high total IgA which can be indicative of some kind of infection. After telling him all the symptoms I've been having, his suspicion is candida so we're going to do a candida cleanse by taking fluconazole for 6 weeks and then retest and I'll let you guys know if anything improves.
and do you had any postive updates?

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching