Nattokinase supplement - anybody have it lower your hemoglobin and hematocrit levels?

Buy Lab Tests Online

BigTex

Absolutely. Beeingusing this place for over 10 years.
WOW! What the heck did I post? That I guess should have been......using this place. For what ever reason my spell check does not work any more on the Brave browser and my typing skill are horrible. My apologies for such a bad posting.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

DragonBits

WOW! What the heck did I post? That I guess should have been......using this place. For what ever reason my spell check does not work any more on the Brave browser and my typing skill are horrible. My apologies for such a bad posting.
Very funny, I looked up Beeingusing thinking it maybe another new age word, which I run into often.

T

tareload

I absolve you my huge, high FFMI / low BF Son.

Go forth and sin no more.

BigTex

Back when I took a word processing class, my instructor told me I need to have a dictionairy with me all the time because my spelling is terrible. Nothing has change other than spell check came about. When that goes out I am in trouble. Thanks Sir Readalot!

T

tareload

Back when I took a word processing class, my instructor told me I need to have a dictionairy with me all the time because my spelling is terrible. Nothing has change other than spell check came about. When that goes out I am in trouble. Thanks Sir Readalot!
Dude your posts and writing are first class on here. Thank you again 2022 Forum Poster of the Year.

andrewBwinter

I don't understand the problem, I've beeinusing spell checc and dikshunaries for ages. The post looks right.

BigTex

Good stuff here on Nattokinase

Oral Fibrinolytic agents:

• Nattokinase: Nattokinase (NK) is a serine protease purified and extracted from natto, a traditional Japanese (cheese like) food produced from the fermentation of soybeans with the bacterium, Bacillus subtilis. [74-76] Recent studies demonstrated that a high natto intake was associated with decreased risk of total cardiovascular disease mortality and, in particular, a decreased risk of mortality from ischemic heart diseases. [77] Nattokinase has potent fibrinolytic, antithrombotic, and antiplatelet activity. [74;75;78-81] NK degrades fibrin directly and also increases the release of tPA with a subsequent increase in the formation of plasmin. [82] Furthermore, NK enhances fibrinolysis through cleavage and inactivation of PAI-1. [76;81] In a study comparing the antiplatelet effects of NK and aspirin, NK was shown to display excellent antiplatelet aggregation and antithrombotic activities in vitro and in vivo, inhibiting thromboxane B2 formation from collagen-activated platelets. [83] In addition, in both animal and human studies, NK also has antihypertensive, anti-atherosclerotic, lipid-lowering, and neuroprotective actions. [75;81;84] Of particular relevance to patients with spike-related clotting, nattokinase causes the proteolytic cleavage of both spike protein and amyloid proteins. [85] In a randomized study, NK proved to be more effect than statins (simvastatin) in reducing carotid artery atherosclerosis. [86] Chen et al demonstrated that high dose NK (10 800 Fibrolytic Units [FU]/day; ~ 500 mg/day) reduced the thickness of the carotid artery intima-media and the size of the carotid plaque. [87] The authors reported a synergistic effect between NK and ASA. Studies indicate that an oral administration of NK can be absorbed by the intestinal tract. [84;88] NK, unlike most proteins, is more resistant to the highly acidic gastric fluids in the stomach and can be absorbed in the later sections of the digestive tract. The optimal dose of nattokinase is unclear, however, a dose of 100-200 mg (4000- 8000 FU/day) twice daily has been suggested. While NK appears to have an excellent safety profile, [87;89] bleeding has rarely been reported in patients with risk factors for bleeding (advanced age, renal failure, hypertension, concomitant ASA, etc). [90;91] High concentrations of vitamin K2 in natto can reduce the INR when coadministered with warfarin; this may also occur with nattokinase supplements if vitamin K2 is not removed during the production process. Information regarding safety and efficacy in pregnancy and lactation is lacking.

74. Sumi H, Hamada H, Tsushima H, Mihara H, Muraki H. A novel fibrinolytic enzyme (nattokinase) in the vegetable cheese Natto; a typical and popular food in Japanese diet. Experientia 1987; 43:1110-1111.
75. Weng Y, Yao J, Sparks S, Wang KY. Nattokinase: An oral antitrombotic agent for the prevention of cardiovascular disease. Int J Mol Sci 2017; 18:523.
76. Dabbagh F, Negahdaripour M, Berenjian A, Behfar A, Mohammadi F, Zamani M. Nattokinase: production and application. Applied Microbiology and Biotechnology 2014; 98:9199-9206.
77. Nagata C, Wada K, Tamura T, Konishi K, Goto Y, Koda S et al. Dietary soy and natto intake and cardiovascular disease mortality in Japanese adults: the Takayama study. Am J Clin Nutr 2017; 105:426-631.
78. Sumi H, Hamada H, Nakanishi K, Hiratani H. Enhancement of the fibrinolytic activity in plasma by oral administration of nattokinase. Acta Haematol 1990; 84:139-143.
79. Hsia CH, Shen MC, Lin JS, Wen YK, Hwang KL, Cham TM. Nattokinase decreases plasma levels of fibrinogen, factor VII, and factor VIII in human subjects. Nutrition Research 2009; 29:190-196.
80. Kurosawa Y, Nirengi S, Homma T, Esaki K, Ohta M. A single-dose of oral nattokinase potentiates thrombolysis and anti-coagulation profiles. Scientific Reports 2015; 5:11601.
81. Chen H, McGowan EM, Ren N, Lal S, Nassif N, Qu X et al. Biomarker Insights 2018; 13:1-8.Nattokinase: A promising alternative in prevention and treatment of cardiovascular diseases.
82. Yatagai C, Maruyama M, Kawahara T, Sumi H. Nattokinase-promoted tissue plasminogen activator release form human cells. Pathoyphysiol Haemost Thromb 2009; 36:227-232.
83. Jang JY, Kim TS, Cai J, Kim J, Kim Y, Shin K. Nattokinase improves blood flow by inhibiting platelet aggregation and thrombus formation. Lab Anim Res 2013; 29:221-225.
84. Fujita M, Ohnishi K, Takaoka S, Ogaswara K, Fukuyama R, Nakamuta H. Antihypertensive effects of continuous oral administraion of nattokinase and its fragment in spontaneously hypertensive rats. Biol Pharm Bull 2011; 34:1696-1701.
85. Tanikawa T, Kiba Y, Yu J, Hsu K, Chen S, Ishii A et al. Degradative effect of Nattokinase on spike protein of SARS-CoV-2. Molecules 2022; 27:5405.
86. Ren NN, Chen HJ, Li Y, Megowan GW, Lin YG. A clinical study on the effect of nattokinase on carotid artery atherosclerosis and hyperlipidemia [Chinese, Abstract in English]. Zhonghua Yi Vue Za Zhi 2017; 97:2038-2042.
87. Chen H, Chen J, Zhang F, Li Y, Wang R, Zheng Q. Effective management of atherosclerosis progress and hyperlipidemia with nattokinase: A clinical study with 1,1062 participants. Front Cardiovasc Med 2022; 9:964977.
88. Fujita M, Hong K, Ito Y, Misawa S, Takeuchi N, Kariya K et al. Transport of nattokinase across the rat intestinal tract. Biol Pharm Bull 1995; 18:1194-1196.
89. Gallelli G, Di Mizio G, Palleria C, Siniscalchi A, Rubino P. Data recorded in real life support the safety of Nattokinase in patients with vascular diseases. Nutrients 2021; 13:2031.
90. Ramachandran L, Aqeel A, Jafri A, Sidhu Y, Djirdeh TM. Nattokinase-associated hemoperitoneum in an elderly woman. Cureus 2022; 13:-e20074.
91. Chnag YY, Liu JS, Lai SL, Wu HS, Lan MY. Cerebellar hemorrhage provoked by combinaed use of nattokinase and aspirin in a patient with cerebral microbleeds. Inter Med 2008; 47:467-469.

gallant

I've got in the habit of taking nattokinase along with my citrulline regimen. 1 gram of citrulline along with 2000 FUs of nattokinase 4 times a day. I've heard it works best on an empty stomach and also heard it doesn't matter. Stopping blood donations due to low ferritin and see how this pans out.

T

tareload

Great references @BigTex . My read is oral nk would lower whole blood viscosity not lower Hct. Hence the only way to really tell it is working is either a reduction in BP if systemic vascular resistance is an issue in an individual or direct measurement of blood viscosity. I shared link to lab offering low and high shear rate whole blood viscosity testing in another thread. Hct on its own does not tell the whole story.

Thanks for sharing.

J2048b

Great references @BigTex . My read is oral nk would lower whole blood viscosity not lower Hct. Hence the only way to really tell it is working is either a reduction in BP if systemic vascular resistance is an issue in an individual or direct measurement of blood viscosity. I shared link to lab offering low and high shear rate whole blood viscosity testing in another thread. Hct on its own does not tell the whole story.

Thanks for sharing.
Which thread or what link? Sorry i dont know where to start to find that link and it would prolly benefit most people especially those having issues

Did u run those bloods?
If so, how did urs read?

BigTex

I started taking nattokinase (4FU/d) maybe 3 years ago because I was reading the positive effects it has on heart disease, high blood pressure, stroke, chest pain (angina), deep vein thrombosis (DVT), “hardening of the arteries” (atherosclerosis), hemorrhoids, varicose veins, poor circulation, and peripheral artery disease (PAD). Sounds great huh? So I added it to my daily pill regiment. Has it helped? Who knows, I can say this, I had a DVT while taking 4FU of nattokinase for 2 years. I also had high HCT taking the same dose. Seems it is not helping but for the record I still take it.

Yes, I have plenty of blood tests but unfortunately I also have had a very experienced cardiologist screw up my lipid values by insisting that I take statins. But generally, I have not seen nattokinase help with anything. Just another pill to take in the morning. I realize we are all different in the way we respond but I am seeing I am a non-responder.

Last edited:
T

tareload

Which thread or what link? Sorry i dont know where to start to find that link and it would prolly benefit most people especially those having issues

T

tareload

Did u run those bloods?
If so, how did urs read?

No I haven't. Did ask Nelson about adding this to his DiscountedLabs offerings. Would need a baseline then test again after change in dose, Hct, or adding a medication, etc.

T

tareload

I started taking nattokinase (4FU/d) maybe 3 years ago because I was reading the positive effects it has on heart disease, high blood pressure, stroke, chest pain (angina), deep vein thrombosis (DVT), “hardening of the arteries” (atherosclerosis), hemorrhoids, varicose veins, poor circulation, and peripheral artery disease (PAD). Sounds great huh? So I added it to my daily pill regiment. Has it helped? Who knows, I can say this, I had a DVT while taking 4FU of nattokinase for 2 years. I also had high HCT taking the same dose. Seems it is not helping but for the record I still take it.

Yes, I have plenty of blood tests but unfortunately I also have had a very experienced cardiologist screw up my lipid values by insisting that I take statins. But generally, I have not seen nattokinase help with anything. Just another pill to take in the morning. I realize we are all different in the way we respond but I am seeing I am a non-responder.
Thanks for sharing your experiences @BigTex.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me