Naringin supplement to lower hematocrit

Buy Lab Tests Online

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
Had CBC done results below:
RBC 5.53
Hemoglobin 15.6
Hematocrit 46.8

Before this my hematocrit was 51.2. Donated blood after that (my hematocrit usually drops 2 points after a donation). And after 2 months i donated again. The CBC was done a few weeks after this last donation. Usually for me after 2-3 months my hematocrit increases 2 points. So basically i had to donated every 2-3 months to keep it stable. So according to my estimates if i was not using grapefruit my hematocrit should be: 51.2 - 2 + 2 - 2 = 49.2 (so -4 points because of 2 donations and + 2 points because of the time between donations). And my result was 46.8. So definitely grapefruit is working for me. Before TRT my CBC numbers were very close to my latest numbers! So now i will monitor CBC every 2 months without donating blood and will post results here

Thanks for the update!

When you test for hematocrit, can you run your testosterone also? I want to make sure grapefruit is not interfering with T metabolism in the liver.

You can run this cheap panel:

Testosterone, Total and Free (NO Upper Limit) plus Hematocrit

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

HealthMan

Thanks for the update!

When you test for hematocrit, can you run your testosterone also? I want to make sure grapefruit is not interfering with T metabolism in the liver.

https://www.discountedlabs.com/hematocrit-total-and-free-testosterone-1500-ng-dl

Pleasure! Sure. Let me know what you would like to see in my next blood work. My blood work is 100% covered by insurance. So I am happy to help. Only total and free testosterone is enough?

HealthMan

Anyone here that has been using naringin to control hematocrit also supplements with vitamin b12? I started supplementing with vitamin b12 daily because of tinnitus. Given i use metformin i am giving vitamin b12 a try to see if this gets rid of my tinnitus. However i am worried that this can get my hematocrit to rise again

Vince

Super Moderator
Anyone here that has been using naringin to control hematocrit also supplements with vitamin b12? I started supplementing with vitamin b12 daily because of tinnitus. Given i use metformin i am giving vitamin b12 a try to see if this gets rid of my tinnitus. However i am worried that this can get my hematocrit to rise again
I do keep my B-12 levels high and my levels of HCT have been steady at 46. Ever since I started daily injections of T, I have not donated blood since February.

HealthMan

Nelson
I just got my lab results:
Total testosterone: 798 (range 250-1100)
Free testosterone: 206.7 (range 35-155)

My last lab results using the same testosterone cypionate dosage my total testosterone was in the 1300 range. One caveat: i draw blood immediately before injecting for the 798 reading. When i got the 1300 reading i draw blood 12 hours before injecting. Not sure if the 12 hour would explain the difference. Dont think so

Thanks for the update!

https://www.discountedlabs.com/hematocrit-total-and-free-testosterone-1500-ng-dl

maxadvance

take 3 grams of curcumin per day in 2 doses with 5-10 mg of bioperrine each dose for a month, your hematocrit will drop 3-5 points. I use Jarrow Curcumin 95 w C3 complex and a 10 mg bioperrine supplement from Carlyle. Taking bioperrine is critical to making this work. Works fast for me and I absolutely knows it works. I learned this from a study about a cancer patient that had his hemoglobin drop precipitously for unknown reasons, until his doctors figured it out.

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
Comparative Study on Hematological Changes in Adult and Aged Rats after Curcumin Administration

Several studies investigating the beneficial effects of curcumin administration in aging on the other hand, curcumin may have the potential to contribute to the development of anemia. So this study was designed to compare the hematological effects of curcumin administration in adult and aged rats. Materials and methods: Twelve adult rats 6 months old and twelve aged rats 20 months old were used in this study. Adult and aged rats were randomly and equally divided into four groups: control adult, curcumin-treated adult, control aged and curcumin-treated aged groups. Curcumin was administered in curcumin groups (50mg/Kg i.p. for 21 consecutive days). The rat tail bleeding time was assayed. Blood indices, platelets indices, in vitro platelets aggregation, total and differential white blood cells counts were measured. Results: Curcumin caused a significant decrease in red blood cells count and hemoglobin concentrations in aged group. Also curcumin significantly decreased hematocrit in adult and aged rats. In aged group curcumin significantly increased the platelets count and platelet indices. In adult group, it caused a significant increase in platelet indices only. Tail bleeding time and platelets aggregation significantly increased in curcumin-treated aged group versus control adult group. Conclusion: Curcumin administration in aged rats caused anemia, the cause of anemia may be the iron deficiency. Curcumin also caused an increase in platelets count and this may represents reactive thrombocytosis to the iron deficiency anemia and it prolonged the bleeding time. So these hematological sequelae of curcumin administration must be seriously taken in consideration with practical implications of curcumin in aging. Further researches are required to address the mechanisms of these effects. Keywords  blood indices  Platelets aggregation  Aging  Curcumin

Attachments

• curcumin decreases hematocrit.pdf
    626.1 KB · Views: 106

Stylo

What time of day are you testing HCT? Are you hydrating enough before testing? My HCT is at 53 if I dont drink enough water before testing, and if I drink plenty of water it drops to 51. No need to donate, although I should for the sake of helping others.

crazyhaha

Interesting. Wikipedia does indicate that naringin inhibits cytochrome P450 enzymes, including CYP3A4 and CYP1A2. This would apply to naringenin because it is converted to naringin in the liver. Not sure the accuracy of Wikipedia's source (I didn't look at it), but drug interactions could be a concern with these flavonoids.

1. Fuhr U, Kummert AL (1995). "The fate of naringin in humans: a key to grapefruit juice-drug interactions?". Clin Pharmacol Ther. 58 (4): 365–373. doi:10.1016/0009-9236(95)90048-9. PMID 7586927.
  2. ^

MarkLA

take 3 grams of curcumin per day in 2 doses with 5-10 mg of bioperrine each dose for a month, your hematocrit will drop 3-5 points. I use Jarrow Curcumin 95 w C3 complex and a 10 mg bioperrine supplement from Carlyle. Taking bioperrine is critical to making this work. Works fast for me and I absolutely knows it works. I learned this from a study about a cancer patient that had his hemoglobin drop precipitously for unknown reasons, until his doctors figured it out.
This and Nelson's study are interesting. I'm looking to control HCT/Hb while having normal iron/ferritin. Right now I do phlebotomy and don't eat beef. That slows the growth of HCT/Hb but iron/ferritin are low.

Looking at Nelson's study it says that they think Curcumin works by inhibiting iron absorption. If that's the case then it's going to be the same as phlebotomy - low iron/ferritin.

The method of action above doesn't really make sense to me. If you reduce iron intake to zero, would that really drop hematocrit by 3 points? I'd think that to drop, you'd need something effecting the creation of red blood cells.

Do you have any labs on iron/ferritin?

MarkLA

This and Nelson's study are interesting. I'm looking to control HCT/Hb while having normal iron/ferritin. Right now I do phlebotomy and don't eat beef. That slows the growth of HCT/Hb but iron/ferritin are low.

Looking at Nelson's study it says that they think Curcumin works by inhibiting iron absorption. If that's the case then it's going to be the same as phlebotomy - low iron/ferritin.

The method of action above doesn't really make sense to me. If you reduce iron intake to zero, would that really drop hematocrit by 3 points? I'd think that to drop, you'd need something effecting the creation of red blood cells.

Do you have any labs on iron/ferritin?

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching