Nandrolone, oxandrolone effect on HPA

Buy Lab Tests Online

madhacker

Hey guys,

I’m curious if anyone knows that anabolics such as oxandrolone and nandrolone effect on cortisol is? I know that oxandrolone disturbs signaling between AR and GR thus decreasing cortisol from binding to receptors but I wonder if it affects mostly muscle tissue uptake of cortisol. I’m curious what nandrolone effect on HPA and cortisol would be? Any thoughts would be appreciated!

Last edited:
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
I think this abstract on testosterone applies to anabolics.

"Despite observations of age-dependent sexual dimorphisms in hypothalamic–pituitary–adrenal (HPA) axis activity, the role of androgens in the regulation of HPA axis activity in men has not been examined. We assessed this role by performing CRH stimulation tests in 10 men (ages 18–45 years) during gonadal suppression with leuprolide acetate and during testosterone addition to leuprolide. CRH-stimulated cortisol levels as well as peak cortisol and greatest cortisol excursion were significantly lower (p<0.05, 0.005, and 0.01, respectively) during testosterone replacement compared with the induced hypogonadal condition (leuprolide plus placebo); cortisol area under the curve was lower at a trend level (p<0.1). Paradoxically, CRH-stimulated corticotropin (ACTH) was increased significantly during testosterone replacement (p<0.05). The cortisol : ACTH ratio, a measure of adrenal sensitivity, was lower during testosterone replacement (p<0.1). A mixed effects regression model showed that testosterone but not estradiol or CBG significantly contributed to the variance of cortisol. These data demonstrate that testosterone regulates CRH-stimulated HPA axis activity in men, with the divergent effects on ACTH and cortisol suggesting a peripheral (adrenal) locus for the suppressive effects on cortisol. Our results further demonstrate that the enhanced stimulated HPA axis activity previously described in young men compared with young women cannot be ascribed to an activational upregulation of the axis by testosterone. "
Testosterone Suppression of CRH-Stimulated Cortisol in Men

madhacker

Thanks Nelson!

Endogenous testosterone increased ACTH and lowered adrenal sensitivity. I believe this to hold true for anabolics as well. I wonder how these bodybuilders are able to take these massive dosages of these anabolic steroids and not have cortisol suppressed symptoms such as crippling exhaustion and fatigue. It doesn’t make sense to me.

Do you believe that your fatigue may have to do with this adrenal sensitivity, from your years use of Nandrolone? From my understanding from its use, anabolics will make more AR receptors for it to bind to and limit the amount of receptors cortisol binds too.

I really don’t understand how people are able to use TRT and low dosages of Nandrolone for muscle wasting when anabolics cause the suppression of cortisol.

Last edited:

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
Thanks Nelson!

Endogenous testosterone ACTH lowered adrenal sensitivity. I believe this to hold true for anabolics as well. I wonder how these bodybuilders are able to take these massive dosages of these steroids and still function. It doesn’t make sense to me.

Do you believe that your fatigue may have to do with this adrenal sensitivity, from your years use of Nandrolone? From my understanding from its use, anabolics will make more AR receptors for it to bind to and limit the amount of receptors cortisol binds too.

I really don’t understand how people are able to use TRT and low dosages of Nandrolone for muscle wasting when anabolics cause the suppression of cortisol.

I think so. You have done your research :)

But anything I report only applies to people with lower CD4 cells than normal. Everything affects us worse as inflammation still happens with no detectable HIV in the blood. Fatigue is very common in my world of long term survivors. Our mitochondria have been irreversibly damaged due to toxic drugs like AZT, Zerit and others in the past.

madhacker

I think so. You have done your research :)

But anything I report only applies to people with lower CD4 cells than normal. Everything affects us worse as inflammation still happens with no detectable HIV in the blood. Fatigue is very common in my world of long term survivors. Our mitochondria have been irreversibly damaged due to toxic drugs like AZT, Zerit and others in the past.

Interesting, what are your thoughts on long term use of Nandrolone and oxidative stress? Do you think it has long term consequences?

I don’t want to get off topic but have you considered using HGH at a very low dosage and building up to a therapeutic dose to limit side effects? For people your age the combination of HGH and IGF 1 work better than either one used. That may be a route to tackle the oxidative damage that’s causing mitochondrial dysfunction... The studies of endogenous IGF, in IGF deficient patients, reversing mitochondrial dysfunction are very promising. I know you’re in metformin which also may have an adverse effect on the mitochondria, not to mention IGF.

Have you tried Thymogen for immune function?

Have you considered seeing Dr. Hertoghe? I think it would be worth seeing him. You might gain some insights that may benefit you and excelmale.

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me