Nandrolone ( Deca Durabolin) Improves Joint Pain in Hypogonadal Men Within 8 Weeks

Buy Lab Tests Online

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
Recently presented at a Urology conference Nov 2018 in Miami.

Title: Nandrolone Decanoate Improves Joint Pain in Hypogonadal Men Within 8 Weeks: A Novel Prospective Pilot Study

Authors: Alexander J. Tatem, Jonathan A. Beilan, Jason R. Kovac, Jabez Gondokusumo, Nannan Thirumavalavan, Larry I. Lipshultz

Introduction and Objective

5-20% of adult men suffer from hypogonadism (HG). Comorbidities linked with HG, such as diabetes and obesity, are often associated with significant and debilitating joint pain (JP). Nandrolone decanoate (ND) is an FDA approved testosterone derivative for treatment of anemia and muscle-wasting syndrome that has anecdotally been linked to reduced JP. Here we quantify this effect prospectively in a novel pilot study.

Methods

Hypogonadal men taking injectable testosterone therapy (TTh) presenting to a single andrology clinic between July 2018 and October 2018 were evaluated for the presence of JP. Men who reported significant JP and denied prior ND usage were invited to take part in the study.

The Rheumatoid Arthritis Pain Scale (RAPS) is a validated questionnaire initially developed to assess/characterize pain levels in adults with rheumatoid arthritis. It contains 24 statements about JP that patients assign a value ranging from 0 (never) to 6 (always). Pain scores are totaled with higher scores representing worse pain and can then be divided into physiologic, affective, sensory-discriminative, and cognitive components.

Men were asked to complete the RAPS questionnaire prior to starting ND. Patient-specific characteristics were recorded, including pain location and pain medication use/dosages. Men subsequently started injectable ND at half the dosage of their current testosterone regimen with all other medications kept constant. After 8 weeks, they filled out the survey again.

Results

32 eligible patients completed the initial survey and 11 men (34.4%) responded to follow-up requests at the time of this review. Mean duration of therapy was 54 days. All patients reported marked improvements in JP with 4 (36.4%) reporting a decreased need for pain medication. Patients’ total pain scores decreased from an average of 61.7 to 34.5 (p=0.038). Significant improvements in each sub-category were noted (Table 1). No adverse events were reported.

nandrolone pain.jpg

Conclusions

ND is a promising new adjunctive therapy for hypogonadal men with JP. It reduced pain scores by an average of 44% and decreased pain medication requirements in 36.4% of patients. Reducing pain medication needs is paramount in today’s opioid crisis climate. Further studies are required to better characterize ND’s effects across a larger study population.
All About Nandrolone

Source of Funding: This work is supported in part by NIH grant K12 DK0083014, the Multidisciplinary K12 Urologic Research (KURe) Career Development Program (NT is a K12 Scholar).

Last edited:
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor
So I never put it together, but ever since I started TRT back in 2012, I've found I have awful joint pain and weakness...specifically in my wrists and ankles. I never assumed it had anything to do with my hormone issues, but now I'm thinking it might. In the last year, I've had severe left hip pain which sent me to the doc who prescribed PT, though he assumed it wouldn't work. It didn't. Next stop would be a cortisone shot, but I haven't gone there yet. I take what I consider to be a very low dose of T cypionate twice a week (0.35ml), 50u of HCG twice a week. Thoughts? I'm not sure Defy would consider Deca for me anyhow, but the pain is quite bothersome.

Guided_by_Voices

I'm quite interested in this too since I have been having some joint (and possibly tendon) issues, however from what I've been able to find, the benefits of Nandrolone stop when usage is stopped, which suggests that it may be masking an issue rather than actually supporting a fix for it. Can anyone confirm or deny or suggest resources?

In any event, I'm going to ask Defy about micro-dosing this at my next consult. I've found a number of sources that suggest structural joint improvement from Nandrolone, but if that were the case the improvement should persist once the Nandrolone is stopped.

Markee

Recently presented at a Urology conference Nov 2018 in Miami.

Title: Nandrolone Decanoate Improves Joint Pain in Hypogonadal Men Within 8 Weeks: A Novel Prospective Pilot Study

Authors: Alexander J. Tatem, Jonathan A. Beilan, Jason R. Kovac, Jabez Gondokusumo, Nannan Thirumavalavan, Larry I. Lipshultz

Introduction and Objective

5-20% of adult men suffer from hypogonadism (HG). Comorbidities linked with HG, such as diabetes and obesity, are often associated with significant and debilitating joint pain (JP). Nandrolone decanoate (ND) is an FDA approved testosterone derivative for treatment of anemia and muscle-wasting syndrome that has anecdotally been linked to reduced JP. Here we quantify this effect prospectively in a novel pilot study.

Methods

Hypogonadal men taking injectable testosterone therapy (TTh) presenting to a single andrology clinic between July 2018 and October 2018 were evaluated for the presence of JP. Men who reported significant JP and denied prior ND usage were invited to take part in the study.

The Rheumatoid Arthritis Pain Scale (RAPS) is a validated questionnaire initially developed to assess/characterize pain levels in adults with rheumatoid arthritis. It contains 24 statements about JP that patients assign a value ranging from 0 (never) to 6 (always). Pain scores are totaled with higher scores representing worse pain and can then be divided into physiologic, affective, sensory-discriminative, and cognitive components.

Men were asked to complete the RAPS questionnaire prior to starting ND. Patient-specific characteristics were recorded, including pain location and pain medication use/dosages. Men subsequently started injectable ND at half the dosage of their current testosterone regimen with all other medications kept constant. After 8 weeks, they filled out the survey again.

Results

32 eligible patients completed the initial survey and 11 men (34.4%) responded to follow-up requests at the time of this review. Mean duration of therapy was 54 days. All patients reported marked improvements in JP with 4 (36.4%) reporting a decreased need for pain medication. Patients’ total pain scores decreased from an average of 61.7 to 34.5 (p=0.038). Significant improvements in each sub-category were noted (Table 1). No adverse events were reported.

View attachment 6240

Conclusions

ND is a promising new adjunctive therapy for hypogonadal men with JP. It reduced pain scores by an average of 44% and decreased pain medication requirements in 36.4% of patients. Reducing pain medication needs is paramount in today’s opioid crisis climate. Further studies are required to better characterize ND’s effects across a larger study population.
All About Nandrolone

Source of Funding: This work is supported in part by NIH grant K12 DK0083014, the Multidisciplinary K12 Urologic Research (KURe) Career Development Program (NT is a K12 Scholar).

Nelson
I have an follow up appointment with a Sports Med Surgeon this week to go over my MRI and reiterate my options over my arthritic and chronic shoulder issue.

These dudes are already talking surgery ?
I wanted to discuss ND as an alternative option to Cortisone , PRP injections and or surgery ?

Hoping you could post a link to that study or anything else that would help me to make a case that might persuade them to give the stuff a try first along with any info to help the guy determine what start dose to prescribe ?

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
The study results at the beginning of this thread have not been published. They were presented at the main Urology meeting last month in Miami.

maxadvance

I would love to use the compound for joints but due to the impotence factor, i avoid that, period.

There is zero "impotence" factor at that low of a dose, nor is there any at 200 mg a week either. In fact at 150-200 mg a week it's just the opposite, it increases libido and anything else associated with your penis. Deca dick is a phenomena that starts occurring when the deca dose is at least double what your T dose is, starting usually when dosing is above 350 mg per week and clear abuse is taking place.

Another Great Day

I'm quite interested in this too since I have been having some joint (and possibly tendon) issues, however from what I've been able to find, the benefits of Nandrolone stop when usage is stopped, which suggests that it may be masking an issue rather than actually supporting a fix for it. Can anyone confirm or deny or suggest resources?

In any event, I'm going to ask Defy about micro-dosing this at my next consult. I've found a number of sources that suggest structural joint improvement from Nandrolone, but if that were the case the improvement should persist once the Nandrolone is stopped.

Hello, Reading about an update on Nandrolone and saw your post. Did you have an opportunity to use this product? If yes, would you please share the dose and if it was successful in reducing your joint pain? I too am am experiencing joint pain and am patient at defy. I looked and saw that this product is available through empower. Thanks.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me