NAC side effects

Buy Lab Tests Online

Cynice49

Anyone taking NAC experience any “odd” side effects?

I recently have been taking 600mg NAC twice daily, for about the past two week. After about a week in I started to experience increased night sweats, pain behind my eyes, and a headache. These symptoms stopped after about a day of cessation. Any ideas of the cause? I’m taking this supplement in hopes of improving my lipid panels.

Thank you

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

FunkOdyssey

Seeker of Wisdom
NAC is not a great idea for men on TRT because it can stimulate EPO production and potentially aggravate problems with hematocrit. It is also a mucolytic drug which is prescribed by doctors to thin mucus. For the average person who doesn't need that effect, that means it is stripping down your protective mucus barrier throughout the body, including the respiratory system and GI tract, leaving you more vulnerable to allergens, irritation and injury.

Effect of N-acetyl-cysteine and hyperoxia on erythropoietin production

Belekas

nobody
NAC is not a great idea for men on TRT because it can stimulate EPO production and potentially aggravate problems with hematocrit. It is also a mucolytic drug which is prescribed by doctors to thin mucus. For the average person who doesn't need that effect, that means it is stripping down your protective mucus barrier throughout the body, including the respiratory system and GI tract, leaving you more vulnerable to allergens, irritation and injury.

First time I ever hear that to be honest. Will look into it. So people running steroid cycles use it a lot and recommend but for TRT guys this is a bad thing?

FunkOdyssey

Seeker of Wisdom
First time I ever hear that to be honest. Will look into it. So people running steroid cycles use it a lot and recommend but for TRT guys this is a bad thing?
I assume they take it to support glutathione levels and aren't aware of its other effects. I can tell you it raised my RBC and hematocrit noticeably some years ago before starting TRT.

Generally the takeaway I'd like people to have is that NAC is a pretty serious drug and not a harmless antioxidant supplement.

Last edited:

Belekas

nobody
I assume they take it to support glutathione levels and aren't aware of its other effects. I can tell you it raised my RBC and hematocrit noticeably some years ago before starting TRT.

Generally the takeaway I'd like people to have is that NAC is a pretty serious drug and not a harmless antioxidant supplement.
Thats an interesting one no doubt. I also had higher levels of HC when was on TRT and taking NAC daily, so maybe something to research and pay attention to next time when I start TRT. Thanks for posting it up.

Gianluca

Ah! Thanks for sharing

Cynice49

Interesting, I wonder if anyone one else has noticed a higher H&H after NAC use. My Hct is usually in the low 50s every time during blood work, so may second think starting this if it raises a problem with my hematocrit

FunkOdyssey

Seeker of Wisdom
Interesting, I wonder if anyone one else has noticed a higher H&H after NAC use. My Hct is usually in the low 50s every time during blood work, so may second think starting this if it raises a problem with my hematocrit
If guys aren't aware NAC can affect hematocrit, and it seems like most aren't, if their HCT rises they're just going to blame TRT or something else. If we can get enough people looking for this effect and doing before and after bloodwork we can see if it's a real issue.

Belekas

nobody
Talked with a few super smart guys long time in the field and first time they hear it as well. Im going TRT in a week or so so might do an experiment to see see but that be hard to tell as TRT will raise my HC a bit for sure IMO. I don't mind a couple points for all the benefits it carries though. Maybe after some time when ai get dialed in i'll run a test to see. Interesting one nonetheless.

Last edited:

Nujace

I’ve used it on and off for years but have recently just quit. For good probably. I was actually using it because it’s known to restore some key brain ingredients in those that use lots of nootropics. And it works great for that as well as curbing many hardcore impulses that people get. Ones that lead to addiction. It’s a very interesting drug but if I’m honest it makes me feel and think oddly. I think it’s one of those drugs that is very individual based on body chemistry and can be used for certain purposes in a positive way and still cause some negative effects too. Best to experiment for yourself imo.

Fernando Almaguer

How much NAC are y\\
I’ve used it on and off for years but have recently just quit. For good probably. I was actually using it because it’s known to restore some key brain ingredients in those that use lots of nootropics. And it works great for that as well as curbing many hardcore impulses that people get. Ones that lead to addiction. It’s a very interesting drug but if I’m honest it makes me feel and think oddly. I think it’s one of those drugs that is very individual based on body chemistry and can be used for certain purposes in a positive way and still cause some negative effects too. Best to experiment for yourself imo.
How much NAC were you using? Ive been taking a gram and a half with glycine for glutathione production and methionine resctriction (mimicing) we get with glycine

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me