My Lab numbers

Buy Lab Tests Online
I had went to a diabetes and endocrine clinic for lab work as after I went to a local TRT clinic. The doctor at the TRT clinic after having lab test done there told me due to my age (68 at the time) the wouldn't treat me. I don't have those results. I then went to the endo. Here are the results
Total testosterone 1159 ng/do
SHBG. 110 marked as high
Free Androgen Index 36.5

Any thoughts on these results? I didnt tell the endo. doctor about the TRT clinic visit and didn't talk about TRT at all.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Vince

Super Moderator
I had went to a diabetes and endocrine clinic for lab work as after I went to a local TRT clinic. The doctor at the TRT clinic after having lab test done there told me due to my age (68 at the time) the wouldn't treat me. I don't have those results. I then went to the endo. Here are the results
SHBG. 110 marked as high
Free Androgen Index 36.5

Any thoughts on these results? I didnt tell the endo. doctor about the TRT clinic visit and didn't talk about TRT at all.
Very high shbg. Please always and in ranges. Did you have any other labs done?

Systemlord

SHBG. 110 marked as high
Free Androgen Index 36.5

Any thoughts on these results?
Your Total T is very high for someone natural, but Total T is chemically inactive, the Free T is the active portion of testosterone which SHBG can affect negatively if elevated. Your Total T and SHBG when calculated has your Free T percentage at 0.984 % (!) which 2-3 percent is considered normal.

We need more info, reference ranges, more labs (LH/FSH), list of medications, diet etc..

Last edited:

madman

Super Moderator
SHBG. 110 marked as high
Free Androgen Index 36.5

Looking over your very first thread on the forum you have already tried trt in the past and just started up again 7 months ago but also stated in another thread that you wanted to quit.

So let me get this right you already tried trt previously than started up again earlier this year eventually running into some issues so you wanted to quit?

In your very first thread on the forum pre-trt your TT was 468 ng/dL and we have no idea what your FT or SHBG was as you did not post labs.

Above you posted your most recent labs and what is your current trt protocol?

Although TT is stellar your SHBG is very high and in such cases, you would need to have your FT tested using the most accurate testing methods such as the gold standard Equilibrium Dialysis or Ultrafiltration (next best) to truly know where your FT level sits.

Forget relying on the direct immunoassay let alone the outdated/flawed linear law-of-mass action Vermeulen.

In cases where one has high SHBG it is critical to use an accurate testing method!

Thanks to all that took time to read and reply. The lab numbers I posted yesterday from the endo. Dr. visit were before I ever tried TRT. The second lab result was after I had tried and stopped TRT after about 6 months on it. I am going to look though my papers and try to find a test that was done at my PCP about a a year and a half ago.

Here is a number that was on my lab test done in June 2019. That was 7 months after I stopped TRT .
Testosterone 6.47 ng/cc
That was it. No mention of total or free. No SHBG.
I'm not even sure why the Dr. tested that. I never spoke to him about anything related to TRT.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me