My experience with having had coronavirus / covid-19.

DragonBits

I and my wife got tested for coronavirus antibodies, specifically the Abbott SARS-CoV-2 IgG assay from labcorp.

We both tested positive for coronavirus antibodies.

It was easy to get the blood test, $10 with or without insurance, results in less than 24 hours from labcorp. Quest also has a self order portal.

I strongly suspected my wife had covid, she was fairly sick for a week, cough for 3-4 weeks. All the typical symptoms, she didn't eat for 2 days, slept all day the first day, ran a fever up to 103, at which point I gave her some tylenol. We took a one mile walk in the park, she has to rest for breath half way on the work. When she was younger she had pneumonia 4 times while living in Thailand. I was moderately concerned and planned to take her to the hospital if she got worse.

I on the other had nearly no symptoms, a bit of a runny nose and fever that went to 99. I was sick before my wife, so it's possible I gave it to her. I wasn't even sure I was sick it was so mild. But my wife is still working and other people from her work tested positive for covid, so for her even without an antibody test / pcr test I was fairly convinced she had it. At the time, a month ago, it was difficult to get the pcr test for active covid infection.

I am 67 and my wife is 45, no health problems for either of us.

The test isn't 100% accurate, it's possible though unlikely for other coronavirus to trigger a false positive, but since we both tested positive and given the circumstance, it's 100% in my mind.

fifty

Thanks for the info. I saw your earlier post and told my wife we could get her an antibody test within 2 hours. She didn’t care even though she regularly says she thinks she had it :)

Either way, I didn’t know about the labcorp test so thank you. I’ll get the test in the near future.

TucsonJJ

I and my wife got tested for coronavirus antibodies, specifically the Abbott SARS-CoV-2 IgG assay from labcorp.

We both tested positive for coronavirus antibodies.

It was easy to get the blood test, $10 with or without insurance, results in less than 24 hours from labcorp. Quest also has a self order portal.

I strongly suspected my wife had covid, she was fairly sick for a week, cough for 3-4 weeks. All the typical symptoms, she didn't eat for 2 days, slept all day the first day, ran a fever up to 103, at which point I gave her some tylenol. We took a one mile walk in the park, she has to rest for breath half way on the work. When she was younger she had pneumonia 4 times while living in Thailand. I was moderately concerned and planned to take her to the hospital if she got worse.

I on the other had nearly no symptoms, a bit of a runny nose and fever that went to 99. I was sick before my wife, so it's possible I gave it to her. I wasn't even sure I was sick it was so mild. But my wife is still working and other people from her work tested positive for covid, so for her even without an antibody test / pcr test I was fairly convinced she had it. At the time, a month ago, it was difficult to get the pcr test for active covid infection.

I am 67 and my wife is 45, no health problems for either of us.

The test isn't 100% accurate, it's possible though unlikely for other coronavirus to trigger a false positive, but since we both tested positive and given the circumstance, it's 100% in my mind.
Glad you both are doing OK... I read and believe that keeping your D3 and vitamin C levels high is a great way to avoid getting COVID... adding some zinc (piccolonate is best), magnesium helps too... I drink Chaga mushroom powder tea and take grapefruit seed extract as additional steps... I am nearly 64, in good health... but the above are all pretty inexpensive... so why not?

fifty

I got my $10 labcorp antibody test thanks to the heads-up by dragonbits. Came back negative. Next up is my wife who thinks she actually may have had it.

I was very sick in mid March, two weeks of coughing and mild fever. Felt crappy. Antibody tests came back negative. I was actually rooting for a positive result given how I felt. Then I would be done with it.

Glad you and your wife are doing well Dragon Bits.

DragonBits

Thanks all:

Today I took my 93 old mother in to get the antibody test.

While my wife stayed downstairs while sick, I went back and forth, and my mother will often use the downstairs bathroom which my wife was using.

Stands to reason she was exposed and might have caught it, though she didn't say she felt sick. She doesn't have any comorbidities outside or her blood pressure is sometimes high. I tend to only give her blood pressure meds if her pressure goes above 145, today it was 124/48 pulse 67. If she takes the meds every day, her pulse goes too low, it's already low.

DragonBits

Update: My mother tested NEGATIVE for a previous Covid-19 infection. We all live together, I interact with my mother often though I sleep downstairs, she upstairs.

Odd my mother was never infected, I didn't get very sick, perhaps I wasn't shedding too much virus.

It's more than possible I got covid-19 first and gave it to my wife, I was a little sick before my wife. Just 99 fever and a runny nose, so I didn't think much of it.

If I got it first, no doubt it came from the local healthclub, I was in the club 3/2/2020, 3/4/2020 and 3/5/2020. There is no where else I spend any substantial time with people around me. Though my wife works with other people and some of them had gotten covid-19 but at a later date, so hard to tell the sequence of what exactly happened.