MRK - Self Injecting Help...

Buy Lab Tests Online

mrk

I just did my 4th self injection today.

I have been using a 23 gauge 1.5" needle and I keep telling myself that this needle is way to long. Im 6'1" 225 athletic build besides the pot belly. I have tried the 1 inch needle but worried to much about it not going deep enough into the muscle. Well today, I used the 1.5" in the right glute..aspirated and seen blood enter the tube. I pulled out a 1/4" or so, aspirated, and injected. Did I do it right???

Will that little bit of blood I injected turn into a blood clot in the muscle?

I dont have a fat ass, so would I be OK using a 1" needle? -need a pic of my glutes to evaluate needle size? lol

I always worry about injecting in the correct spot as well. I find the top of my hip bone, and move back to the glute 1 to 2 inches -per doc. Ive watched videos and Im pretty confident Im doing it right, but theres always that "what if" Im wrong scenario. And now after aspirating blood, Im second guessing myself.

Also, my nurse said they are not taught to aspirate anymore and they do not practice it when injecting either. Wow, if I went by their advice..Im sure I would have been coughing and having a difficult time breathing shooting Test that close to a vein.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

mrk

Ok, thanks. I'll research subq injections a little more. I was under the impression injecting into fat would take longer for the Test to dissipate and also more at risk for red lump and/or abscess. Maybe since Im only injecting 100mg and not 500mg the dissipation and abscess risk are null.

ERO

FWIW - I have been injecting sub-q for 4 years and have never had lumps or any issues. It is far easier than using a bigger, longer needle to go IM. But as you say, I am not injecting 500mg at a time, either :)

Midnight

I have been injecting my prescribed testosterone IM for almost 2 years and have never seen any blood while aspirating. I also inject a number of other vitamin related supplements IM and have had no issues there either. That is an interesting comment that your nurse made about aspirating. I don't know what is being taught now in school, but I plan to continue aspirating in the future.

mrk

Midnight,
Do you inject in the glutes? If so, what size needle?
Ya, when I pulled back and seen blood start to pull inside the tube, I was like WTF! That is what's leading me toward the 1" needle...maybe I'm going to deep with 1.5".
As far as aspirating, from bodybuilders to other trt users all say aspirating only takes a second and its just an added safeguard. I'll definitely aspirate, especially after this instance.

mrk

Good video, thanks. This looks to be an IM injection in the delt, is that correct?

Also, Nelson.. your using a 1/2" on delts and quads and I noticed your body fat is relativly low, so is that 1/2" hitting muscle? Im a little confused now. Posts on here and statements in your book lean toward subq injections with both test and hcg. Are you following that method or using past practice of IM? I also noticed you didnt aspirate, so maybe you are inj subq...but wouldnt you still need to aspirate?

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
I have never had the need to aspirate with a 1/2 inch needle used for shallow IM (not subcutaneous!) injection (90 degree into muscle).

I absolutely hate subcutaneous injections. The risk of site reactions like redness or inflammation are too great. I do not like having red spots that can scare sex partners :)

My body doesn't like TCyp in its belly fat, I had constant site reactions that made it intolerable. I like Nelson use a 1/2" for a shallow IM in my quads and most of the time I don't have any soreness, etc, post injection. I can inject HCG in my belly fat and never had a problem.

I love this site! I'm new to TRT, just completed my 8th injection yesterday (Test Cyp 80mg /week, which is .4ml).....I'm using what was "issued" to me from my initial package (Defy is my clinic). The injection needles are 23gauge, 1 inch needles. So far I've been rotating from left quad to right quad. I'm not yet coordinated enough to go to the glutes. I think I definitely would like to try the smaller needle like Nelson.....I just thought going into the larger quads you needed the larger needle and need to go deeper. I'll certainly ask about the 27g half inch needles at my lab review with Defy.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me