MRI of Pituitary

Buy Lab Tests Online

balata1

I think my Dr. is mistaken in calling for an MRI of my pituitary and I wanted to get another opinion here. I have been diagnosed with Secondary Hypogonadism and he is wanting me to go for the MRI.
My research states that

1) an MRI is needed if levels of Prolactin are higher than normal. My Prolactin level is right in the middle of the normal range (7.0).

2) I have also read that "Low testosterone levels caused by the hypothalamus or pituitary gland will reveal low testosterone and inappropriately normal levels of LH and FSH." My FSH (1.9) and LH (1.7) are both very much lower than normal.

This seems to contradict the need for MRI of the pituitary - would you agree?
thanks

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

captain

I did it when I started. I was told it was because T level was very low in the 50s and prolactin was top of range. Years later I found the prolactin was probably from PPI use. MRI was normal and the bill was high. If you do an MRI you may find paying cash will cost you less. I recall some places will do them for 500.

balata1

hmm..no insurance? i've met my deductible this year so i pay 20% of the bill - but I have yet to find out what that 20% MRI bill would be.

captain

I recall it was around 5k for the MRI. I paid 20% and would have been less to pay cash. Depends on what your doctor orders on how much it is like MRI with contrast and without. I had a CT scan before the MRI and I don't remember what it cost. Everyone getting their pockets lined with my money for nothing.
After the MRI bill you will probably get a bill for and expert that looked at it.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me