More Evidence of Declining Testosterone During Last Decades

Buy Lab Tests Online

Jinzang

Another study presented at the recent American Urological Association Conference found that over the time period studied mean testosterone levels fell by 25%. A news article explains:

"From 1999 to 2016, testosterone levels have declined in adolescent and young adult men (AYA), according to results presented at the 2020 American Urological Association Virtual Experience.

"Testosterone deficiency has a prevalence of 10%-40% among adult males, and 20% among AYA men aged 15-39 years, he added. Therefore, Lokeshwar and colleagues hypothesized that serum total testosterone levels will decline in AYA men.

"The investigators used data from the National Health and Nutrition Examination Surveys (NHANES) from 1999 to 2016 to analyze serum testosterone level changes over time in 4045 AYA males. During the study periods, 3 different assays (Biotin-Streptavidin from 1999-2004, IS-Liquid Chromatography from 2011-2012, and High-Performance-Liquid-Chromatography Tandem Mass Spectrometry from 2013 onwards) were used. However, of note, they demonstrate comparable testosterone values with only some additional accuracy in the latest modality, Lokeshwar said.

"After controlling for confounders—including year of study, age, race, BMI, comorbidity status, alcohol and smoking use, and level of physical activity—total testosterone was lower among men in the later (2011-2016) versus earlier (1999-2000) cycles (P < 0.001). Mean total testosterone decreased from 1999-2000 (605.39 ng/dL), 2003-2004 (567.44 ng/dL), 2011-2012 (424.96 ng/dL), 2013-2014 (431.76 ng/dL), and 2015-2016 (451.22 ng/dL; all P < .0001).

"Elevated BMI was associated with reduced total testosterone levels (P < .0001), with the mean BMI increasing from 25.83 in 1999-2000, to 27.96 in 2015-2016 (P = 0.0006). Lokeshwar noted that even men with a normal BMI (18.5-24.9) had declining total testosterone levels (P < .05) during the same time frames."

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Vince

Super Moderator
Obesity lowers testosterone levels. For example, a 2007 study of 1,667 men ages 40 and above found that each one-point increase in BMI was associated with a 2% decrease in testosterone.
1593869525119.png

Harvard University › health › obesit...
Obesity: Unhealthy and unmanly - Harvard Health

waist circumference was the strongest single predictor of developing symptoms of low testosterone

Jinzang

I'm always surprised to see so many young men complain about low testosterone. I wonder if the clinics have seen a shift in their clients to a younger age. The problem has two parts. First, lifestyle, mostly diet and exercise. And the second, testosterone lowering and estrogen mimicking pharmaceuticals and environmental pollutants. I believe this problem is even more serious than global warming and wish there was a political movement to solve it.

Vince

Super Moderator
I'm always surprised to see so many young men complain about low testosterone. I wonder if the clinics have seen a shift in their clients to a younger age. The problem has two parts. First, lifestyle, mostly diet and exercise. And the second, testosterone lowering and estrogen mimicking pharmaceuticals and environmental pollutants. I believe this problem is even more serious than global warming and wish there was a political movement to solve it.
Too much snacking and to much fast food.

DorianGray

And, consider the physical effects of constant assault on masculinity of advertising, TV, schools, social media occurring now almost from birth to adulthood. Masculine, physical male role models are now virtually taboo, competitive behavior now means bullying, female heroes only are allowed, and men are portrayed in every product ad as dunces. The physiological effects of such psychological conditioning can't be underestimated in my opinion.

sammmy

Cataceous

Super Moderator
Total and free testosterone have been found to drop for 2 hours after glucose consumption. Strangely that didn't decrease SHBG. Traditionally, it is claimed that glucose consumption increases fat production in the liver which competitively decreases SHBG production but perhaps this is not an immediate effect within 2 hours, hence not observed in this study:
SHBG has a half-life of around a week. This smooths out the effects of short-term variations in production.

Gman86

I’ve heard a couple stories that seem hormonally related recently. I worked with a young girl that hooked up with a guy that we work with. He’s a 23 year old tall and skinny guy. She said within 5 mins f hooking up he went limp, and wasn’t able to get an erection again. This girl’s pretty hot too, so it’s not like it was due to her being unattractive. Needless to say, she was extremely disappointed, and actually really offended. I tried to explain to her that it might be hormonally related, and has nothing to do with her or how she looks or anything she did wrong.

Then there’s another friend of mine that’s a girl that was telling me about this one time where she was with her 2 cousins, and one of the cousins was dating this guy from Italy. He happened to be in America with his 2 Italian guy friends. So all 3 guys and all 3 girls were hooking up. The girl I know said that the Italian guy she hooked up with just couldn’t get hard at all. She said he was 21 at the time. She said he explained to her that it was an issue that he had since puberty, and that he’s very ashamed of it obv.

And then obv all this transgender stuff and young children wanting to be the opposite gender is clearly on the rise due to hormonal imbalances.

Definitely sad that this trend of low testosterone in younger and younger males is just going to get worse. I personally had very low free testosterone at 27, and I’ve been a health freak my whole life. So I can’t even imagine what age these young people are going to start having hormonal problems at. Between staying up late, staring at screens all day, and until the second they go to sleep, not exercising, not getting proper sunlight, most likely eating a diet heavily consisting of processed foods, etc, they have no chance. I personally think this generation’s sleep being effected is the biggest factor in regards to their hormones being imbalanced. Sleep is, and always will be the most important aspect of our health.

tropicaldaze1950

And, consider the physical effects of constant assault on masculinity of advertising, TV, schools, social media occurring now almost from birth to adulthood. Masculine, physical male role models are now virtually taboo, competitive behavior now means bullying, female heroes only are allowed, and men are portrayed in every product ad as dunces. The physiological effects of such psychological conditioning can't be underestimated in my opinion.
Yes!

tropicaldaze1950

I’ve heard a couple stories that seem hormonally related recently. I worked with a young girl that hooked up with a guy that we work with. He’s a 23 year old tall and skinny guy. She said within 5 mins f hooking up he went limp, and wasn’t able to get an erection again. This girl’s pretty hot too, so it’s not like it was due to her being unattractive. Needless to say, she was extremely disappointed, and actually really offended. I tried to explain to her that it might be hormonally related, and has nothing to do with her or how she looks or anything she did wrong.

Then there’s another friend of mine that’s a girl that was telling me about this one time where she was with her 2 cousins, and one of the cousins was dating this guy from Italy. He happened to be in America with his 2 Italian guy friends. So all 3 guys and all 3 girls were hooking up. The girl I know said that the Italian guy she hooked up with just couldn’t get hard at all. She said he was 21 at the time. She said he explained to her that it was an issue that he had since puberty, and that he’s very ashamed of it obv.

And then obv all this transgender stuff and young children wanting to be the opposite gender is clearly on the rise due to hormonal imbalances.

Definitely sad that this trend of low testosterone in younger and younger males is just going to get worse. I personally had very low free testosterone at 27, and I’ve been a health freak my whole life. So I can’t even imagine what age these young people are going to start having hormonal problems at. Between staying up late, staring at screens all day, and until the second they go to sleep, not exercising, not getting proper sunlight, most likely eating a diet heavily consisting of processed foods, etc, they have no chance. I personally think this generation’s sleep being effected is the biggest factor in regards to their hormones being imbalanced. Sleep is, and always will be the most important aspect of our health.
Whether I read it on excelmale or somewhere else, the trends indicate that females(pre-teens) are reaching sexual maturity earlier and the testosterone level is declining in adolescent males. Mobile phones and computers are ubiquitous, not just in the US and Europe, but in Asia, Southeast Asia, the Middle East, Australia & New Zealand. Probably the same in the more industrialized nations of Latin America.

What do hormone levels and sexual function in young men look like around the world? Computers and smart phones aren't going away. I agree they're a factor. Xenoestrogens? Absolutely, IMO. Until someone proves it otherwise, I have to believe that chemicals in the food,(microwaved food?) air and water or medications or even cosmetics are the reason pre-teen females are sexually developing much earlier than decades ago. Yes, confirmational bias. I'm 72 and I don't recall girls looking as physically mature when I was in junior high and high school. Those that did were an exception. But those same chemicals, along with likely other factors, are trashing the endocrine systems of young men. I've written before; with all my physical and mental health issues/problems, from 12 years old until 50, ZERO sexual problems. Thin, massive appetite, ate almost everything, except dairy, wheat and eggs. I was messed up in so many other ways but not sexually. I just couldn't get laid enough, LOL. And being married to a sexually conflicted/emotionally ill woman didn't help.

DragonBits

Obesity lowers testosterone levels. For example, a 2007 study of 1,667 men ages 40 and above found that each one-point increase in BMI was associated with a 2% decrease in testosterone.
View attachment 9967
Harvard University › health › obesit...
Obesity: Unhealthy and unmanly - Harvard Health

waist circumference was the strongest single predictor of developing symptoms of low testosterone
I have no doubt low testosterone causes obesity. I take testosterone, my weight drops, I stop, I start gaining weight.

I am not confident obesity is causing low testosterone.

How do they control for cause and effect?

Vince

Super Moderator
I have no doubt low testosterone causes obesity. I take testosterone, my weight drops, I stop, I start gaining weight.

How do they control for cause and effect?
Moderate obesity predominantly decreases total testosterone due to insulin resistance-associated reductions in sex hormone binding globulin. More severe obesity is additionally associated with reductions in free testosterone levels due to suppression of the HPT axis.

bixt

Obesity -> more aromatisation of T to E2 in the aromatase rich fat tissues -> downregulation of the HPTA - > lower T

You will find time and again when high BF% bodybuilders inject T, theres more aromatisation to E2.

And when the same BBs drop BF% , theres less E2 resulting from the same dose of T.

And we have established info regarding E2s effects on suppression.

You have to put it all together and join the links.

Cataceous

Super Moderator
Obesity -> more aromatisation of T to E2 in the aromatase rich fat tissues -> downregulation of the HPTA - > lower T
Although the idea seems logical, as noted in Vince's link, the evidence is tending against this hypothesis.

However, this adipose tissue-aromatase hypothesis is not well supported by other data. Clinical studies showing that treatment of obese men with aromatase inhibitors can increase testosterone levels and restore fertility do not necessarily support the pathophysiological importance of this E2-mediated hypothalamic-pituitary-testicular (HPT) axis suppression, because gonadotropins and testosterone levels also rise with this treatment. Interestingly, more recent studies suggest that, diabetic obesity is associated with decreases in circulatory E2. Moreover, there is evidence from the EMAS that even in nondiabetic obese men, E2 is low and correlated with low testosterone levels. In addition to E2, increased visceral fat also releases increased amounts of pro-inflammatory cytokines, insulin and leptin; all of which may inhibit the activity of the HPT axis at multiple levels.

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me