Modulate DHT

Buy Lab Tests Online

Fortunate

Has anyone ever thought about trying to control DHT levels? I am aware of the post finasteride horror stories, but I am wondering if there is some way to reasonably reduce or limit DHT conversion?

I wonder if excessive DHT plays a role in those who struggle with the myriad of TRT side effects, and if controlling DHT levels might help?

Seems like hormones in general follow Goldilocks principles: too little and too much a both bad.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Graham

Has anyone ever thought about trying to control DHT levels? I am aware of the post finasteride horror stories, but I am wondering if there is some way to reasonably reduce or limit DHT conversion?

I wonder if excessive DHT plays a role in those who struggle with the myriad of TRT side effects, and if controlling DHT levels might help?

Seems like hormones in general follow Goldilocks principles: too little and too much a both bad.
I would like to know as well, my dht levels run twice the reference range on 120 mg a week. I am also curious how the reference range for dht levels came to be. I vaguely remember reading somewhere that they based it off of a bunch of old men.

bixt

Rather embrace high DHT, than try to block it. Nobody wants PFS. Its highly possible that a tiny amount of a 5AR inhibitor may reduce blood levels to be in range in serum, but its effects in tissue may be different. Nonetheless some of the ways I have heard of:

To increase DHT:

1. Creatine
2. Boron
3. Possibly zinc

To decrease DHT conversion:

1. Saw Palmetto (and people have gotten bad PFS from this)

To outcompete DHT at the receptor:

1. DHN (from nandrolone, and deca dick results)

I don't think anything good can happen when trying to lessen the conversion of DHT. Rather fiddle with other variables. If your DHT is so high, you could perhaps run a lower T or FT than normal and still have adequate androgenic stimulation.

BillyJ03z

Rather embrace high DHT, than try to block it. Nobody wants PFS. Its highly possible that a tiny amount of a 5AR inhibitor may reduce blood levels to be in range in serum, but its effects in tissue may be different. Nonetheless some of the ways I have heard of:

To increase DHT:

1. Creatine
2. Boron
3. Possibly zinc

To decrease DHT conversion:

1. Saw Palmetto (and people have gotten bad PFS from this)

To outcompete DHT at the receptor:

1. DHN (from nandrolone, and deca dick results)

I don't think anything good can happen when trying to lessen the conversion of DHT. Rather fiddle with other variables. If your DHT is so high, you could perhaps run a lower T or FT than normal and still have adequate androgenic stimulation.
I can attest to the side effects of Saw Palmetto.... About 15 years ago I decided to use Saw Palmetto as I was always worried about losing hair (I had a full head of hair, I just wanted to take SP as an additional safety precaution)... I figured SP was the safe alternative than using Finasteride.... I used SP for about 2 months and got ED bad..... I feel it took about 6-9 months to recover from ED physically but the Psychological effects of ED stuck with me for a good 2 years...

BillyJ03z

Maybe someone can answer this question regarding Post-Finasteride Syndrome......

I assume that the people that are suffering from PFS had their DHT serum levels crash from the use of Fin... and when they stopped Finasteride did their DHT serum levels eventually increase back to normal or did they remain crashed? If the DHT levels increased back to normal and they are still suffering from PFS then we could assume some kind of tissue and/or bodily function damage had taken place....

Graham

Maybe someone can answer this question regarding Post-Finasteride Syndrome......

I assume that the people that are suffering from PFS had their DHT serum levels crash from the use of Fin... and when they stopped Finasteride did their DHT serum levels eventually increase back to normal or did they remain crashed? If the DHT levels increased back to normal and they are still suffering from PFS then we could assume some kind of tissue and/or bodily function damage had taken place....
Something similar to PFS happens when deca is used also

bixt

Yes exactly!

Many do recover their DHT back to midrange, their FT, TT everything naturally. Other go on TRT and get their levels up that way.

YET, the problems caused persist. Perhaps the lack of stimulation for a long period within tissues or the brain has somehow changed the receptors in those tissues to no longer respond to normal levels. And/or desensitised those pleasure pathways in the brain.

Some of those people report then trying out sky high levels of FT/DHT out of desperation and then having some function regained, yet still never like orignally. And then those levels cause other issues.

And also as @Graham pointed out, the effects of deca dick are the same. Deca converts to DHN which is hardly active, yet displaces DHT from the receptors. So a lack of DHT stimulation is involved here as well.

IMO best never to fiddle with anything relating to decreasing or displacing DHT.

thatcarnarn

Krill oil and zinc can lower it some. That is what I am doing. I am newly on TRT and my DHT always ran high. I also put aloe on my scalp at night and on my face in the day. It is supposed to inhibit DHT too at some level.

Wolverine

Interesting thread. I was doing T hydrogel on scrotum, only one click (50mg). My TT and FT numbers were good, but DHT was 287 (12-65). I have people on other forums tell me that high DHT does not matter because it is an intracrine hormone like E and that labs don't matter for it. True? Not true? Opinions? Can DHT affect prolactin? E? norepinephrine? Can it affect prostate? Thanks!

Fortunate

Old thread with new observations. Once again, I suspect DHT may be causing me trouble. Disclaimer: My issues could be due to E2 - waiting for those results, and will post an update later in the week. Meanwhile, please feel free to weigh in on DHT side effects in this thread or another one I started.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me