Modalert Has No Effect on Me Anymore?

Buy Lab Tests Online

ERO

Hello-

Years ago I had a friend with a prescription for Modalert 200 and one day he gave me one one and I cleaned the entire house and washed and waxed 2 cars on on a Saturday. I use that as an example of how well it worked, this is not something I would take every day, just on the occasional day I need to get a lot of work done

Now it has zero and I mean ZERO effect on me. I can even take 2 (400mg) and it has no effect. My source is prescription, not black market so its not fake - WTF?

Is this an adrenal issue with me? Any ideas? My curse in life is that no drugs, TRT, included seem to have any effect on my that I can feel.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

HarryCat2

Same thing happened to me. Not sure why, but most medications, testosterone, bupropion, modafinil, only provide subjective benefits for a short time and then stop working. With testosterone, if I stop for a few weeks and restart I do get a little bit of the honeymoon period back, but I've tried this with bupropion and modafinil and not had any luck.

ERO

I had not used it for like 3 years and then when I got some again it had no effect. Just like TRT, except that TRT had no honeymoon for me, either.

DixieWrecked

I think TRT does something to dopamine or dopamine receptors. I don't get the same dopamine induced satisfaction or drive that I had pre TRT. I can only speculate that the steady state levels causes some type of downregulation.

ERO

I think TRT does something to dopamine or dopamine receptors. I don't get the same dopamine induced satisfaction or drive that I had pre TRT. I can only speculate that the steady state levels causes some type of downregulation.
That makes sense (unfortunately). I wish there was a way around this but I can't think of one other that stopping TRT for a few months and re-starting. with 20/20 hindsight I should have just lived with Low T and never started TRT, especially since I feel like I have Low T anyway on every known protocol short of injectable pellets (the only one I have not tried).

DixieWrecked

That makes sense (unfortunately). I wish there was a way around this but I can't think of one other that stopping TRT for a few months and re-starting. with 20/20 hindsight I should have just lived with Low T and never started TRT, especially since I feel like I have Low T anyway on every known protocol short of injectable pellets (the only one I have not tried).
I feel the same as you. I'd be jacked to the nines in the gym but thats about it. Felt very low T in just about every other way. Did you ever try the cream on the scrotum?

ERO

I feel the same as you. I'd be jacked to the nines in the gym but thats about it. Felt very low T in just about every other way. Did you ever try the cream on the scrotum?
I have been using cream on the scrotum for a year and am likely to give it up soon as it has had no effect that I can feel. Tried one click, two clicks, for the last 6 months I have been on 100mg of T Cyp a week and one click to the scrotum daily...and nothing. I might as well be injecting saline and rubbing hand lotion on my scrotum.

bixt

I can only speculate that the steady state levels causes some type of downregulation.

To solve the above issue, use prop (or a 70/30 mixture of prop and cyp by mg) first thing in the morning. Keep doses reasonable, such that it should cause lowish levels (under 500ng dl) at night, allowing D receptors time to resensitise. The morning peak post injection (could be well over 1000ng dl) will be then be quite stimulating and the perceived effects should wane off by the evening. Yes, im suggesting fluctuations well over the normal diurnal variation.

Another variation is 50mg cyp once a week (day 1), followed by prop (say 10mg) only on days 4-7 in the am.

Creams (especially scrotal) may not nessesarily replicate the perceived hit obtained from injections in all individuals, perhaps due to an overabundance of DHT in certain individuals. Usually a problem is low aromatisers, thin low body fat types.

Cataceous

Super Moderator
To solve the above issue, use prop (or a 70/30 mixture of prop and cyp by mg) first thing in the morning. Keep doses reasonable, such that it should cause lowish levels (under 500ng dl) at night, allowing D receptors time to resensitise. The morning peak post injection (could be well over 1000ng dl) will be then be quite stimulating and the perceived effects should wane off by the evening. Yes, im suggesting fluctuations well over the normal diurnal variation.
I think there's something to this and I've been advocating an emulation of normal diurnal variation with daily use of an ester blend containing propionate. I previously experimented with only daily propionate, which causes quite large variations. For me, the first two weeks were impressive, but after that it was no better than having constant hormones. Perhaps there is an individual sweet spot for the amount of daily variation.

In any case, getting things right with the sex hormones wasn't enough to fully resolve my dopamine issues, which included low mood and motivation. For these a combination of phenethylamine and selegiline seems to be doing the job. Selegiline in particular may be more of interest to those getting on in years, because they are more likely to have increasing levels of MAO-B, which the drug inhibits.

DixieWrecked

Another variation is 50mg cyp once a week (day 1), followed by prop (say 10mg) only on days 4-7 in the am.

Creams (especially scrotal) may not nessesarily replicate the perceived hit obtained from injections in all individuals, perhaps due to an overabundance of DHT in certain individuals. Usually a problem is low aromatisers, thin low body fat types.
Prop has a half life of 2 days according to the googler. Is that really enough fluctuation?

Cataceous

Super Moderator
Prop has a half life of 2 days according to the googler. Is that really enough fluctuation?
Around 0.8 days, too much variation to use alone if you're trying to match what's natural.

Image 3-10-21 at 11.41 AM.jpg

bixt

I think there's something to this and I've been advocating an emulation of normal diurnal variation with daily use of an ester blend containing propionate. I previously experimented with only daily propionate, which causes quite large variations. For me, the first two weeks were impressive, but after that it was no better than having constant hormones. Perhaps there is an individual sweet spot for the amount of daily variation.

In any case, getting things right with the sex hormones wasn't enough to fully resolve my dopamine issues, which included low mood and motivation. For these a combination of phenethylamine and selegiline seems to be doing the job. Selegiline in particular may be more of interest to those getting on in years, because they are more likely to have increasing levels of MAO-B, which the drug inhibits.

More and more clues seem to lead to the conclusion that T is a stimulant, and the honeymoon is a high.

And years get wasted trying a 100 different protocols , chasing the honeymoon high.

Selegiline, CDP-choline, mindfullness meditation are some of the known ways to increase dopamine receptor density and therefore get rid of the anhedonia people expect T to fix. There are other forums dedicated to such things, but I really believe fixing the dopamine hardware in the brain is the solution for many here and thus should be given more attention.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me